Did I Get Saved Yet?

And was he the exactly same what you wanted? Same personalities, same looks, same voice, same everything? Or were there certain things that didn't come with the man?
Polly remember sometimes what we think we want isn't really what we need. I hope you grow old and look back at your life and say "Wow I sure was obsessed with severus! O crazy me!"

Polly remember sometimes what we think we want isn't really what we need. I hope you grow old and look back at your life and say "Wow I sure was obsessed with severus! O crazy me!"
But ew! I don't want or need someone who is not like Severus at all. No way. No. Just no. And I refuse to stop loving Severus.

And was he the exactly same what you wanted? Same personalities, same looks, same voice, same everything? Or were there certain things that didn't come with the man?

I didn't have that many preferences. Like, I didn't have a voice preference. I do love his voice, though. I just had a basic look that I liked (not too uncommon).

I didn't have that many preferences. Like, I didn't have a voice preference. I do love his voice, though. I just had a basic look that I liked (not too uncommon).
Hmm... But I still believe it is possible that I will meet the man who is a chill and a mysterious British man with natural black midlong hair, black or dark brown eyes, pale or light skin, muscular body or a thick body with a little potbelly, and deeeeeeep seductive voice... Because first, chill and mysterious personalities are pretty common in men, and men who have natural black hair will most likely have black or dark brown eyes, and British men are pretty pale or lightskinned, and that type of body is also common, and I've seen that how many British men have deep voices... It's not impossible to get a man like that, because there are 7 billion people in the world, and millions of them can be British, and also, nothing is impossible for God, so I am sure God will give a man like this, and I am not even delusional or wrong...

Hmm... But I still believe it is possible that I will meet the man who is a chill and a mysterious British man with natural black midlong hair, black or dark brown eyes, pale or light skin, muscular body or a thick body with a little potbelly, and deeeeeeep seductive voice... Because first, chill and mysterious personalities are pretty common in men, and men who have natural black hair will most likely have black or dark brown eyes, and British men are pretty pale or lightskinned, and that type of body is also common, and I've seen that how many British men have deep voices... It's not impossible to get a man like that, because there are 7 billion people in the world, and millions of them can be British, and also, nothing is impossible for God, so I am sure God will give a man like this, and I am not even delusional or wrong...

But if he cuts his hair short what will you do? I think you mentioned in another thread that there was a guy around that kind of looked like how you wanted but then he cut his hair so he didn't look like Severus so you weren't interested anymore.

But if he cuts his hair short what will you do? I think you mentioned in another thread that there was a guy around that kind of looked like how you wanted but then he cut his hair so he didn't look like Severus so you weren't interested anymore.
Well, some men tend to be the same that they don't even want to cut their hair after all... I am a girl, and I still keep my hair as a platinum blonde bob haircut with a green streak and a diagonal fringe and I will always keep the hair like this...

Well, some men tend to be the same that they don't even want to cut their hair after all... I am a girl, and I still keep my hair as a platinum blonde bob haircut with a green streak and a diagonal fringe and I will always keep the hair like this...

But you won't love him anymore if he doesn't look like Severus, will you? That isn't real love at all. Physical attraction doesn't equal love, Polly.

If my wife cut all of her hair off tomorrow I would still love her, and there is nothing more attractive to me than long hair on a woman. Love is more than physical attraction. My entire life I was attracted to white girls with dirty blond hair, and then my wife came along. She is Spanish and looks nothing like the girls I used to like, but I don't care. God may send you someone and He may not. Regardless, I don't think he would send you someone like Severus because you idolize him, and God can't be first in your life if you idolize someone else.

I'm not trying to be mean, Polly, so please don't take offense.

But you won't love him anymore if he doesn't look like Severus, will you? That isn't real love at all. Physical attraction doesn't equal love, Polly.

If my wife cut all of her hair off tomorrow I would still love her, and there is nothing more attractive to me than long hair on a woman. Love is more than physical attraction. My entire life I was attracted to white girls with dirty blond hair, and then my wife came along. She is Spanish and looks nothing like the girls I used to like, but I don't care. God may send you someone and He may not. Regardless, I don't think he would send you someone like Severus because you idolize him, and God can't be first in your life if you idolize someone else.

I'm not trying to be mean, Polly, so please don't take offense.
Well I will just reject men who are not like Severus at all. I will always love Severus romantically. I won't love a freaking Ron Weasley or Vincent Crabbe lookalike.

Well I will just reject men who are not like Severus at all. I will always love Severus romantically. I won't love a freaking Ron Weasley or Vincent Crabbe lookalike.
Then you will be alone your whole life. God isn't going to give you a harry potter replica, that's absurd.

You do realize that there are more than three types of men, right?
Loving someone because they look like someone else is not loving them at all. It's a shallow physical attraction. And what's worse is that it's just a fictional character that you're attracted to. I would say that you should throw away all your Harry Potter movies and all the pictures of Severus on your computer so that you can focus on Lord Jesus without being distracted by pictures of your former god.

You do realize that there are more than three types of men, right?
Loving someone because they look like someone else is not loving them at all. It's a shallow physical attraction. And what's worse is that it's just a fictional character that you're attracted to. I would say that you should throw away all your Harry Potter movies and all the pictures of Severus on your computer so that you can focus on Lord Jesus without being distracted by pictures of your former god.
I agree, but let's be realistic, she isn't going to do that...

I think some of you are being a little too hard on Polly with this topic. I am all for us telling her if something is a sin, but it's not a sin to have a "type". It may change as she gets older or it might not. What she described is pretty common. If that is what she wants to marry, well fine. I married my type. I think Polly has come a long way!

I think some of you are being a little too hard on Polly with this topic. I am all for us telling her if something is a sin, but it's not a sin to have a "type". It may change as she gets older or it might not. What she described is pretty common. If that is what she wants to marry, well fine. I married my type. I think Polly has come a long way!
No she has, I agree. I have just never seen someone so attached to a particular look/person/character before.

What Polly has isn't a "type." She wants someone physically comparable to Severus so that she can pretend that she is with Severus. I don't think she has any desire to be with anyone else.

If you were talking about me, I don't mean to be hard on her. I just don't want her to be with someone because they look like someone she idolizes. That wouldn't be good for her.

and was he the exactly same what you wanted? Same personalities, same looks, same voice, same everything? Or were there certain things that didn't come with the man?

Ain't no wun poifekt kiddo...

Back