1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Did Anyone Watch Cosmos?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TubbyTubby, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Did anyone see the first episode of this great new series in the spirit of Carl Sagan?

Any thoughts?
  2. No idea! I used to be a History Channel freak. Not anymore.. Those days are gone.. Stupid science don't interest me anymore
  3. Stupid science gives you the ability to use a computer to say that science is stupid and let it be read by a worldwide audience.
  4. Are you saying technological advancement and science mean the same? Science is too broad a term
  5. You do realize the technology science enables is a two-edged sword.

It can be wielded to help and to harm. All depends on who's hand is on the grip.
  6. It was a wonderful new show about exploring the wonders of God's creation!
  7. I don't argue with that.
  8. Either you didn't watch it or you had blinkers on.
  9. Tis a pity you can't truly appreciate what a wonder the universe is.
  10. I would say likewise HMS. The wonder of the Universe is far greater without slotting a god into the equation.
  11. A lot of make believe and assumption based conclusions so I hope it gets better...
  12. I love science! They're just a few thousand years behind the written word of God. Imagine where we'd be today if they start with the truth! 100's of years the earth was flat... the scriptures says "circle of the earth". Job also talks about the "paths of the sea" "circuits of the winds" "treasure of snow" and many many more... Science rejects God because they'd have to acknowledge their ignorance. When finally pinned into the corner and can no longer reject the wisdom that was designed into Creation, they say "aliens" came and seeded the earth. Time and aliens are now their shield against the truth. Enormous amount time, so it become impossible to observe their theory fall apart, yet they cannot explain where are the millions of permutations between fish and man... why did evolution stop then! Time again, so much to be able to find an alien race that is so advanced they can seed earth... where did they come from! See, they can't disprove God so they invent other things that requires even more faith than what God requires. That's utter pride. They are their own stumbling block and the universities are spewing out so much falsehood society is imploding. Everyone has a degree and no one has a job - no, they have two, low paying! Everyone has a degree and they're too dumb to see God and they walk around like blind men in the mountains in the dark. The few to get it are only proving God and His Word over and over and they don't even realize it and I love it!
    AllieWi likes this.
  13. I really don't know where to start with that. Give me a break with the circle of Earth please. We would still be stuck believing the Sun orbits the Earth if it wasn't for free willed folks.
  14. When you look at the moon, what do you see? A circle, so don't get all high and mighty on me now. Scripture is so far ahead of science! God said there was a beginning and it wasn't until Hubble proved the galaxies were moving away that they realized there had to be a beginning. They call it the Big Bang. They say it started from nothing, just as God said. Come back when you have something original.
    AllieWi likes this.
  15. Dear religion, what did you achieve today? Another batch of killings in central Africa and Northern Asia.

I, on the other hand, made an astonishing discovery through persistant observation and questioning that we may have found proof of Einsteins theory of gravitational waves at the very closest point to the origin of the Universe.

Yours Sincerely, Science

You keep your head stuck in your bible my friend, I'll open my eyes to the questions and answers.
  16. Your science cannot explain emotions nor nobility. What you're science cannot grasp is the fact that DNA contains information and information is not a substance. It requires design. When you buy a DVD or a music CD you're paying for 3 cents worth of plastic for $20 or $12. No, you're buying the information. Your science says we're evolving into a better and better entity, and yet you say it yourself, man kills, more in the 20th century than all the previous written history combined! God says we're devolving into chaos of sin and the evil dealings of the flesh. Your science says we're only improving... I think you need to read the headlines and see Who's correct!
    AllieWi likes this.
  17. Chocolate monsters eat jelly beans on Mars.

That's as relevant to your reply as yours was to mine. Why not actually look at the news about todays discovery of gravitational waves instead of blocking it out and rambling on about dvds and cds.
  18. LOL! That's the best you can hit me with!? That it's irrelevant! Resistance is futile. Wow... I was hoping for more or a challenge!

Psalms 14:1 (KJV)
    The fool hath said in his heart, [There is] no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, [there is] none that doeth good.
    AllieWi likes this.
  19. I'm pleased I amuse you but I'm simply asking about your thoughts on the announcement today from the BICEP2 telescope study. I would of thought you would be interested in observations that take us yet closer to the origin of the Universe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.