DHL Delivers Anything

I actually did something like that. Delivering furniture for a leasing company back when I was going to school. Low Bridge. Thought is would fit. Found out I was wrong.
I thought the trick was to let the air out of the tires, thus lowering the van.

Hello Siloam;

I heard this before but considered it a joke. I always thought engineers designed the driving height of bridges for all cars and trucks with high trailers to drive under.

That's too bad what happened to you. So how did you deal with the situation with your employer? 🤔

If I'm not mistaken the sign with 2.2m inside a red circle means "No vehicle over 2.2 meters (7.2 feet) allowed"
Apparently, the driver left his tape measure at home.

The officer is riding a bike and the street is cobblestone. That sign and the bridge looked like Europe or the UK.

I know we're falling away from the humor but I can't get past what I'm observing in the photo. 🫤

I heard this before but considered it a joke. I always thought engineers designed the driving height of bridges for all cars and trucks with high trailers to drive under.
In the USA, the Federal Highway Administration sets bridge clearances for roads under their control, however, local and state bridges don't have to abide by federal regulations and so heights can vary quite a bit on state, county and city roads.

There is a somewhat famous low (11’8”) bridge in Durham NC, called “the can opener” because of a long string of incidents and the 24/7 surveillance videos available.

I won’t post it here, but those interested, google it, there are many YouTube videos of dozens of trucks loosing their roofs or getting stuck under just this one bridge.

In the USA, the Federal Highway Administration sets bridge clearances for roads under their control, however, local and state bridges don't have to abide by federal regulations and so heights can vary quite a bit on state, county and city roads.
I don't know about Europe but I don't know, I believe something like the FHA wouldn't have jurisdiction if this is in fact a parking structure (private property).

That's too bad what happened to you. So how did you deal with the situation with your employer? 🤔
Long time ago, I was in High school...

But as I remember, The truck was and old stake-body flat-bed with a wood and canvas top. The wood splintered and the canvas was torn, but no metal was bent.

This happened on a Saturday and my boss who was an attorney for his day-job was not at home.

It was a very small business that shared space in the back of an off-set printing shop was THE employee. I called one of my friends when I needed help.

I parked it in the parking lot and then called my boss after school on Monday. It was a very small business . I called him later, it didn't seem like a big deal, although he was concerned.

Yes, I tend to smile as I remember this. It brings up memories from when the Lord was calling me. I had not yet accepted Him, but He was teaching me.

Here he was teaching me service and forthrightness before my boss. Many other lessons occurred at this time.

Back