Devotional For Today

Dusty

Inactive
Devotional For Today

Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you My message." So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
Jeremiah 18:2–4

The Spirit brings order out of chaos and beauty out of ugliness. He can transform a sin-blistered man into a paragon of virtue. The Spirit changes people. The Author of life is also the Transformer of life.
R. C. Sproul

The potter must remake his vessels when there is a flaw in the clay that will cause it to crack later or when the color smears and he cannot get it to blend perfectly. He knows his craft and he knows when to take it down from his wheel and start all over to remake it into a fine vessel that will appeal to customers and serve the one who buys it.

In the same way, God knows us intimately - He did create us, after all - and knows how to shape us into who He created us to be. He uses different ways - often tests and trials - to make us more like Jesus. The process is lengthy and often painful, but we will be amazed by God's handiwork in the long run if we simply submit to His loving hand.

Back