1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Devotional - A Teaching On Discernment

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by anthony wade, Mar 11, 2014.

1. There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen. You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong. - Hebrews 5: 11-14 (NLT)

A Christian website recently ran a short article on discernment that missed the mark so widely, I felt compelled in my Spirit to do a devotional on the subject, which should be one of the most important facets of a Christian's life. The sad truth is that the lack of discernment is eroding the body of Christ like a cancer. As each day goes by there are more and more would be believers falling away from the true faith and turning aside to the myths the Apostle Paul warned us about. The call to act as Bereans is almost lost on a new generation of young Christians raised on sensual worship and new age mysticism masquerading as Christianity. The Word of God is being casually tossed aside for the "divine revelation" claims of charlatans and snake oil salesmen masquerading as men and women of God. Doctrine is discarded for soundbites and popularity. Human metrics are used to gauge spiritual success. People simply fail to realize the gravity of this situation:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ - Matthew 7: 21-23 (ESV)

Many read these verses and fail to examine how it would be possible. How would it be possible for people who spend their lives thinking they are serving God when in reality He never knew them? How would it be possible for people to witness signs and wonders, demonic deliverance, and mighty works in Jesus name, yet never know Him? The answer is simple - a lack of discernment. A blanket acceptance of the church experience without ensuring the experience is aligned with God. There are many false gods and false christs. There are many false prophets and false teachers.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. - 1John 4: 1 (ESV)

We have mixed our churchianity so much with the world system seeking cultural relevance that we fail to see the world corrupting the faith. We think that if things sound spiritual or "feel right"; that they must be of God. Here was how the article I came across defined discernment:

“the ability to see and understand people, things, or situations clearly and intelligently.”

This may sound and feel right but it is not a biblical definition of discernment. What it is however, is a worldly definition of discernment. How can we tell? The definition is entirely based upon man. It is how "we" see and understand people. It is how "we" see and understand things and situations. It is based upon being clear and intelligent. This definition relies solely upon man, his abilities, and his intelligence. The inherent problem should be obvious. Besides the human heart being wickedly deceitful above all else this definition will vary from person to person. What one person deems clear another may deem unclear. What may seem intelligent to one person another may think is ludicrous. Now realize that this humanistic definition is what is largely employed by church goers today, which explains why they cannot discern when they are being mistaught, misled, or misused. That is because what is desperately missing from their working definition of discernment is God.

The verse quoted from 1John spells out discernment much clearer for us. It is testing what is from God and what is not from God. It does not matter how we feel. It does not matter what our abilities are. It does not matter what we deem intelligently or not. It is not based upon our understanding, as the worldly definition claims.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make straight your paths. - Proverbs 3: 5-6 (ESV)

In general we are not to lean on our own understanding, let alone when it comes to something as important as discernment. How is it that we can determine then what is and what is not from God? All the answers are always found in His Word. I know, that sounds so trite but there is a reason God gave us His Word. Because while our own perceptions, biases, and intelligence varies from person to person - the Word of God never changes. While what we might deem as clear will vary from person to person - the Word of God never changes. This is what God desires for us; to built up in Christ. To become mature so that we will not fall for the lies of the enemy and the schemes of man:

Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. - Ephesians 4: 14 (NLT)

Beloved, some of the false gospels out there are easy to spot and others are quite subtle. Just a little leaven here and a little leaven there. Some are so cleverly designed by Satan that they sound like the truth. I understand why people gravitate towards towards the cheap grace of a Joseph Prince or the need for purpose of a Rick Warren. I understand why people want to believe that this is your best life now or that there are seven steps to a better you. They all feed the flesh and deny the Spirit. Discernment however allows us to measure up what is being said with the plumb line of the Word of God. Because while we cannot trust our own understanding, we can always trust the Word of God. It is the exact same Word trusted by believers 100 years ago and 1000 years ago. It is the exact same Word trusted in the remote jungles of foreign continents, underground churches in China, and right here in America. It transcends time, culture, language and any imperfection found in man. Let us turn to the key verses today from Hebrews to examine the truths about discernment for us today.

It is interesting to see that the writer of Hebrews first complaint is that the hearers have two glaring problems that seem to still exist today. They have become spiritually dull and do not seem to listen. That could be easily written to the church today. The dictionary defines dull as not being sharp; being bored and tedious. Now apply this spiritually and we see that being spiritually dull is to be no longer sharp spiritually. To be bored and tedious spiritually. Now some may balk at this because the word "spiritually" is tossed around so casually today but the vast majority of what is considered "spiritual" today is really just masked emotionalism. Far too many church services are carefully choreographed productions, designed to elicit an emotional response. The Bible is described as a two edged sword but the less and less we actually wield it, the duller it becomes in our lives. That is how we fall for the myths and lies. That is how we fall for over hyped emotionalism being sold as moves of the Spirit. Think about something as absolutely silly and heretical as the Holy Laughter movement. Where people rolled around on the floor making animal noises and claimed it was the Holy Ghost. How dull has the Word of God become in your life not to run out of a church that had that on display? Yet how many hundreds of thousands of people fell for it? How dull has the Word of God become in our lives to honestly think that the law does not matter to God anymore? Or that He wants us all rich beyond the dreams of avarice? Oh beloved, we must take out our Bible and sharpen it daily. We must wield it properly if we are to be able to see through the lies being sold to us. To be able to see that it is not about being motivated to discover our inner greatness but rather - how great Thou art!

The second part of the opening line is even more relevant for today. We are seeing a generation of believers being raised as obstinate fools. They do not merely seem to not want to listen to reason but they seem to abhor it. The Bible says in these days that people will simply not tolerate sound doctrine. This is where we find ourselves today.

“Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! - Matthew 6: 22-23 (NLT)

We are seeing the growth of myopic Christians. Shortsighted to only want to believe what they have chosen to follow. Don't quote the Bible to me! You can present them with the soundness of Scripture only to be rebuked for "sowing discord" or some other useless trite Christianism they have gleaned along the way. Recently a mega church pastor was caught spending church funds to cheat his way onto the best seller list and the people flocked to defend it - instead of defend what is right. The amount of pastor worship and church worship is outpacing the growth of true God worship. We must be willing to listen to the truth if it is to ever take any root in our lives.

Next in the key verses the Hebrews are admonished for being stagnant. You have been believers so long you ought to be teaching others but instead you are still in need of the basic things of Gods Word. Wow; what an indictment! Yet what do we see around modern Christendom today? Growth is now measured in service to the church building instead of personal spiritual maturity. Spiritual babies crawling around on the floor. The worst is we seem sometimes to be unable to even discern what is good spiritual milk and what is spoiled. I remember a congregant of Joel Osteen once declare that "Pastor Joel gives me just what I need to get back to him next Sunday." What a defeated life! Yet it is not surprising since the only time you tend to see the Word of God in an Osteen sermon is when he makes you hold it up before he preaches. He is on record as saying that he does not bring Scripture in until the end and he is "OK with that." Instead what you get is a half hour of funny stories, hokey anecdotes, positive confession, and humanistic motivational speaking. You may leave there feeling better but your spirit just becomes duller. This is not to just pick on Joel because it is what is replicated throughout the landscape of churches across America. It is what sells - so they market it. Men in thousand dollar suits telling you how much God wants to give you your own thousand dollar suit.

The key verses close with important reminders for us today. We cannot know how to do what is right as long as we remain on milk. As long as we keep our sword dull. Do we honestly think we will attain any maturity hearing the word of God for one half hour each Sunday? There is nothing duller in the kingdom of God than Sunday morning Christians. As spiritual babies we become easy targets for the many lies and myths being offered to us each day. That is how we start to accept the little leaven here and there. That is how we see spiritual quacks calling themselves prophets and apostles generating such large followings. That is how prosperity and cheap grace continue to grow. That is how something as clearly unbiblical as holy laughter, was so widely accepted. No beloved, we need to move on to solid food.

Solid food is for the mature. As the key verses teach us, there is a skill that separates spiritual infancy from spiritual maturity. That is the skill to be able to recognize the difference between right and wrong. In the ESV, those words become good and evil. That is what discernment is beloved. It is the ability to determine what is from God and what is not. What is right and what is wrong. What is good and what is evil. It is not contingent upon anything we naturally possess. It is not based upon our feelings or understanding. It is not based upon our perceptions. It is based upon the only thing that never changes, God's Word. As the key verses teach us, this skill is gained through training. We need to be found in training in the Word of God. I remember watching an interview last month with a figure skating couple who had just won the gold and they said it was a culmination of 19 years of training! Could you imagine! That is 19 years of training and preparation for that one moment in time. Athletes will all tell you that the championships are won during the training; where you learn to discipline yourself. Well beloved, we are running a race according to the Bible so that we might earn the prize from Almighty God. That race requires training so that we can become more disciplined according to what God has told us. That training is conducted within the pages of the Word of God. Through this training we will move from milk to spiritual meat. We will not be tossed to and fro from every wind of doctrine that comes along. We will know better. We will know God. We will discern.

Reverend Anthony Wade - March 11, 2014

AllieWi likes this.
  2. OH my.................. A whole article without putting down anyone in the WOF camp.

I had to read it twice to make sure.

OK, OK.......... Prince and Warren. UMmm. Brother Joel......... umph.

Warren said............ It's not God's will to heal my wife of cancer. Meaning that our faith failure determines the will of God.. NOT!!!

I'll that let three slide.

I am very impressed Brother Anthony. So much so I look forward to reading your teachings. You know that is what they are, teachings and anointed from God.

Now, I am WOF hard core, mind you. However, I can't just skip your diligence and love of the word. I wish you would not slam the goofy, but ................. I believe your getting there.
    What is Jesus looking for when He returns? Faith!!!

Jesus said, those that will do the will of God know sound doctrine.

I find many who are not sold out, who have lots of other things first beside God.

God is first and foremost in my life. When I get money in my hand, God is the first thought. Who is faithful in unrighteous mammon?

Money is a great test, who is first.

Love you Brother Anthony. Who is it that endures sound doctrine? Those that put God first in everything. They may not know lots, but they know God is Number 1.

Blessings.

AllieWi likes this.
  3. I love this! I am talking to God all day about discernment! Usually if something makes my flesh feel good-- I question it. Lol.
    Often when I feel intense joy I will pray "thank you Jesus for my blessed life, please fill me with the HS and make me a disciple, may I decrease and YOU increase."

I do t feel comfortable in churches where it's a big production; especially when they make a performance out of the offering. RED FLAG.

4. Depends on how the offering is done. It is a blessing and privilege to be able to tithe. People get upset about money and one of the things we need to put in it's proper place. It's a tool, but people get upset when it becomes to important.

Abraham tithed, and we are blessed with faithful Abraham. It's presented to Jesus our High priest by which we ought to take time and not just drop whatever in the offering plate.

Now if someone is pulling for money, saying this will not get done or that not get done, then their source is not God.

If the tithe is about the blessing and how it connects to the blessing then I could hear all day about that.

Ice cream is evil then......... the flesh likes it.

mark it off the list.

Blessings.

5. I know this is anathema to many but tithing is simply unbiblical for the New Covenant. Now, we are bound by the law of sowing and reaping and God loves a cheerful giver, so offerings into the kingdom of God are part of what we should be. I think pastors sell God short and show a lack of faith by demanding tithes. If you truly left it up to the believer with the indwelt Holy Spirit, you would get more than 10%.

Also, Abraham tithed...once. He tithed not from his own wealth but from the spoils of war and not only that but he actually ended up giving it all, not just 10%.

Lastly, blessings should not be associated with giving. We give because we want to see the kingdom advance and that is our blessing. Now, I do believe that due to sowing and reaping, we can expect to be more "blessed" in general, not necessarily in money, if we are a cheerful giver who does not hold a love of money in our heart before our Savior.

Thanks Allie and Michael. Appreciate the dialogue always.

6. Oh and any ice cream with nuts in it is evil...I have no scriptural basis for this

AllieWi likes this.
  7. I don't want to turn this into a tithing thread war under the law thing.

Blessing is associated with Giving. "More blessed to give than to receive"

You must reap what you sow, and each seed produces after it's own Kind. You sow money, You get money multiplied, running over.

God's system is based on giving from a good heart, and reaping.

So, even removing the idea of "Having" to tithe, just putting God first in general with money out of a good heart will bless you far more than what you gave.

The women that put her two little mites in, got forever mentioned in the Word of God.

For me, tithing is my defense against money being first. It's so easy to want to look over my stuff and not God's stuff. Does bills come first, or God come first? God all the way gets 10% first, then I figure bills.

I have never seen God not taking care of anyone that did not put Him first in everything in their life. Money included.

Be blessed.

8. Its not a war, lol. Iron sharpens iron. It is more blessed to give than receive however that does not establish a causal relationship between the two.

I disagree about "producing after its own kind." No scriptural basis for that and in fact, the majority of the new church gave all they had and did not become rich because of it. Reaping what you sow deals with whether you reap to the flesh or the spirit.

I agree that putting God first in everything, however, the Bible says that he who does not take care of his own is worse than an unbeliever. God does not expect you to tithe before paying your bills (of courser if you live beyond your means that is the root of the problem).

If your system of giving 10% first works, great. But it's not a "tithe" which was agricultural in nature to ensure that the Levites had food.

I think we can both agree that there should not be a thought of "give to get." We do not give as a quid pro quo. However, most abusive tithing preachers essentially teach that nonsense. That God wants to bless you but you have to "sow" first. Absolute heresy.

9. Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Psa 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Pro 22:8 He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.

Hos 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

Joh 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

1Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

God does take care of people:
    Luk 12:24
    Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

I believe whatever you sow, it will produce after it's Kind, bad or good.

Not talking about tithing, just in general we ought to watch what we do sow.

Blessings.

10. Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

If we are talking about gardening, then yes, what you sow is of course what you will reap.

Psa 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Well, this is the opposite. According to what you are saying you should reap tears if you sow tears.

Pro 22:8 He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.

This speaks to what I was saying about sowing to our flesh.

Hos 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

This speaks to what I was saying about sowing to our Spirit.

Joh 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

The actual context here is Jesus speaking about harvesting souls for salvation and how one person might sow and another reap the fruit of his work.

1 Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

This is closer but it deals with the rationale for why we should sow into the kingdom to begin with, not that the act of sowing thus guarantees anything in return.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

This is the verse that explains what I have been saying, the following verse clarifies: "Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life"

God does take care of people:
    Luk 12:24
    Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

Brother, I am not disagreeing that God takes care of His people. He will always meet our needs but we might disagree about what those needs are or amount to. I am merely saying that sowing money into the kingdom should not then be expected to be returned unto you. Blessings should be what God has already done for us, not greedily expecting more and more.

11. [quote="anthony wade, post: 311768, member: 10084"

Brother, I am not disagreeing that God takes care of His people. He will always meet our needs but we might disagree about what those needs are or amount to. I am merely saying that sowing money into the kingdom should not then be expected to be returned unto you. Blessings should be what God has already done for us, not greedily expecting more and more.[/quote]

I was just trying to point out that man can sow a whole lot of different things and something does come back according to what man has sown.

Scripture talks about Working hard, and Ministers are worthy to be paid, and so on.

Pro_10:22
    The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
    Pro_13:7 There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing: there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.

That added no sorrow means to not have to toil or labor. It's not a cut throat type of thing like the World does.

So my question is, if we sow money, and we reap what we sow. Could it not be possible that God's system is designed to function by taking care of His things and others, and the blessing comes back in return? Then by having to reap what I have sown, then I have to expect and believe for that money back.

There has to be a better system than the Worlds right?

2Co 9:10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
    2Co 9:11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

If the Word says that the seed is multiplied, then we should then expect a return.

Pro_19:17
    He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

So, if God is paying back, and multiplying.

Why do you and I have to be greedy to get back more and more?

Why can't we not be greedy? I mean the more you have, the more your able to do. Right?

I just love to pay someones rent, take all the pressure off them. If I am not getting blessed back by God then I run out and not much help. Would it not be better to be wealthy so God can direct through us where it gets spent?
    Or, should the devil just keep it all?

All the gold and cattle belong to who? The devil and his kids?

Just thinking is all.

Blessings.

12. I have no problem giving my money. I am blessed to worship in this manner--- it's when they make a big performance out of it and pressure people to give with emotional music and sob stories.

anthony wade likes this.
  13. I was just trying to point out that man can sow a whole lot of different things and something does come back according to what man has sown.

Agree, my point was it may not be money, especially if we hold a love of money in our heart.

Scripture talks about Working hard, and Ministers are worthy to be paid, and so on.

No argument from me! I'll send you a private message with an address where you can send me checks! o_O

So my question is, if we sow money, and we reap what we sow. Could it not be possible that God's system is designed to function by taking care of His things and others, and the blessing comes back in return? Then by having to reap what I have sown, then I have to expect and believe for that money back.

My point has always been that it may not be material in nature. We are to not store up treasures on earth.

There has to be a better system than the Worlds right?

2 Co 9:10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
    2 Co 9:11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

If the Word says that the seed is multiplied, then we should then expect a return.

lol, these verses are about generosity, not expecting something for being generous.

Pro_19:17
    He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

So, if God is paying back, and multiplying.

"pay him again" is not necessarily indicating money or material.

Why do you and I have to be greedy to get back more and more?

Seriously? That's the definition of greed, lol. Look, bottom line here is do we do what the Bible expects us to do because of what Jesus is going to do for us or because of what He has already done?

Why can't we not be greedy? I mean the more you have, the more your able to do. Right?

1 Corinthians 5:11 ESV
    But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

I just love to pay someones rent, take all the pressure off them. If I am not getting blessed back by God then I run out and not much help. Would it not be better to be wealthy so God can direct through us where it gets spent?
    Or, should the devil just keep it all?

Clever argument however most people cannot handle the test of great wealth. When people ask me why God won't let them hit the lottery my answer is He knows what would happen if they did.

All the gold and cattle belong to who? The devil and his kids?

Just because HE owns them that doesn't we get them.

Just thinking is all.

14. Thanks Allie, sounds like you have the right heart when it comes to giving.

15. Anthony, the test of wealth comes with being faithful with little. Now why don't you think God just does not hand tons of money to people? Not faithful with what little they do have.

If someone gave you a Million dollars, where does that make you Greedy when God tells you to sow it for someones church building? That leaves you with Zero again.

Now you want to be the person that God can trust with that kind of money, or the person God never gives much to because you just go blow it on a nice expensive house boat and spend all day fishing?

I understand your point, but I am not buying into this idea that we would not put God first if handed lots of wealth.

Another Issue I have is what is Wealth? Biblical its not just money. Materially though, how much is a lot?
    There are millions living in poverty now, always behind in bills, yet make enough to meet their needs if they would just stop running up the credit debt and taking 2 and 3 mortgages on their houses.

A million dollars don't go far when your instructed to feed 10,000 kids. A school and homes we paid for cost us close to a million dollars then find out the water in the country was hard to come by. We ended up sowing another 1.2 million just so they could get running and teach the kids about Jesus.

The point is, it don't matter the amount, without God it runs out.

So who determines what is a lot of money?

Anthony if God would just give us a pick axe and 10 minutes in one of his back ally streets in Heaven, we be set up Brother!!! Dad ain't broke, should we be broke? Or at least kept out of a position to be very helpful?

Nope, there are two parts there.. Sowing and ....... Reaping. I don't plant tomatoes then just leave them to grow and die off without getting my tomatoes first.

Well, not store up, but be a channel for the Lord. We get power to get wealth to establish his covenant.

Not Necessarily not either. God can because of sowing give wisdom for great deals, Lands at 1/4 the price. It comes back many ways.
    Now the thief breaks into your Fathers HOuse, you don't just stand there and Cheer him on. I would rather see Jets with crosses and Jesus on them than Jets with the playboy bunny on them.

I hope I did not leave out anything you commented on........ Now to ask God for 10 minutes in heaven with a pickaxe.

16. Anthony, the test of wealth comes with being faithful with little. Now why don't you think God just does not hand tons of money to people? Not faithful with what little they do have.

In every instance? Cmon.

If someone gave you a Million dollars, where does that make you Greedy when God tells you to sow it for someones church building? That leaves you with Zero again.

Giving the million doesn't make me greedy. Expecting to be repaid does. God already paid everything at Calvary. Do not be enamored with this world.

Now you want to be the person that God can trust with that kind of money, or the person God never gives much to because you just go blow it on a nice expensive house boat and spend all day fishing?

I want to be the person God wants me to be without having to wonder if I will be paid accordingly

I understand your point, but I am not buying into this idea that we would not put God first if handed lots of wealth.
    Another Issue I have is what is Wealth? Biblical its not just money. Materially though, how much is a lot?

However much makes you start to think you deserve it back.

There are millions living in poverty now, always behind in bills, yet make enough to meet their needs if they would just stop running up the credit debt and taking 2 and 3 mortgages on their houses.

Agreed

A million dollars don't go far when your instructed to feed 10,000 kids. A school and homes we paid for cost us close to a million dollars then find out the water in the country was hard to come by. We ended up sowing another 1.2 million just so they could get running and teach the kids about Jesus.

Seriously? That's awesome.

The point is, it don't matter the amount, without God it runs out.

So who determines what is a lot of money?

Anthony if God would just give us a pick axe and 10 minutes in one of his back ally streets in Heaven, we be set up Brother!!! Dad ain't broke, should we be broke? Or at least kept out of a position to be very helpful?

Again, I am not suggesting God wants us poor. He wants our hearts focused on him. Maybe you have figured out how to have a million dollars and not let it interfere with your relationship with God. Most would not be able to which is why it should not be doctrine.

Nope, there are two parts there.. Sowing and ....... Reaping. I don't plant tomatoes then just leave them to grow and die off without getting my tomatoes first.

The point of the verses is about generosity. It is even the section header.

Now the thief breaks into your Fathers HOuse, you don't just stand there and Cheer him on. I would rather see Jets with crosses and Jesus on them than Jets with the playboy bunny on them.

I'd rather see people come to the cross without compromising the Bible. Which I know you agree with brother.

17. I guess If I got out of you God does not want us poor...................... Then I will have to settle for that.

I mean if you were my Pastor, I would be embarrassed if we sent you out in a 82' Honda with one door missing to travel across state to get to your meetings. As a minister that has helped people avoid hell, there is no price in money that could pay for that.

I think we should believe God to increases us more and more. If God told you to go on TV, you know that is several million a month unless a station will underwrite you. A half hour radio program is not cheap either.

I would rather see wealth spent on that, than a another jet with Jack Danial's on the side. Anthony could use a jet, is what I am thinking.

Still, I have never seen God fail anyone who has responded and given all and was in faith.
    When we came to Branson, with just 134.00 left and had to pay for a hotel room the next day and feed the wife and kids (one dog) Our first service the Lord asked me to drop all 134.00 in the bucket for a boat to minister to the south Pacific.

3 million dollar boat, and God wanted my last 134.00 and we just been in this new town a day, first day at our new church.

I put all of it in Brother Anthony, because I refuse to look at amounts and refuse to consider what I don't have.
    I obeyed.

That next morning the devil was bugging me that my family would be hungry and we would have to leave the hotel room and sleep in our 92' dodge caravan.

I know better than to entertain those thoughts and just thanked God that he is faithful and that all my need is met.

It was 10am my cell rang and some women we knew from Champaign IL said God kept her up all night, on and on and on and she had to send 200.00 through walmart to us.

I went and got that money, the next day someone left 5-7 bags of food on the hotel door step for us and I never mention need to anyone.

That Monday someone handed the wife 300.00 and that wed someone helped us get into a better place to live.

So, I get excited when the Lord ask for ALL the bill money. He has more than once.

I can't say I am rich, but I am believing to be increased more and more so that I can make the devil sweat for hurting people and keeping them up all night in worry about not having enough. It's not about us, it's becoming someone God can trust and us.

God bless Anthony!!! Now where is my pickaxe.

18. I guess If I got out of you God does not want us poor...................... Then I will have to settle for that.

Whenever someone asks me if God wants them materially prosperous my answer is "No, not if that is the question on your heart."

I mean if you were my Pastor, I would be embarrassed if we sent you out in a 82' Honda with one door missing to travel across state to get to your meetings. As a minister that has helped people avoid hell, there is no price in money that could pay for that.

Ok, but if you got me a Bentley I would donate it. You cross a line of unseemliness at some point. We should be able to find a happy medium between a Yugo and a Bentley...agree?

I think we should believe God to increases us more and more. If God told you to go on TV, you know that is several million a month unless a station will underwrite you. A half hour radio program is not cheap either.

Which is why nearly all on TV have compromised the Gospel and sold out.

I would rather see wealth spent on that, than a another jet with Jack Danial's on the side. Anthony could use a jet, is what I am thinking.

Bro, if the Gospel is not compromised everything else becomes easier to accept.

Still, I have never seen God fail anyone who has responded and given all and was in faith.
    When we came to Branson, with just 134.00 left and had to pay for a hotel room the next day and feed the wife and kids (one dog) Our first service the Lord asked me to drop all 134.00 in the bucket for a boat to minister to the south Pacific.
    3 million dollar boat, and God wanted my last 134.00 and we just been in this new town a day, first day at our new church.
    I put all of it in Brother Anthony, because I refuse to look at amounts and refuse to consider what I don't have.
    I obeyed.
    That next morning the devil was bugging me that my family would be hungry and we would have to leave the hotel room and sleep in our 92' dodge caravan.
    I know better than to entertain those thoughts and just thanked God that he is faithful and that all my need is met.
    It was 10am my cell rang and some women we knew from Champaign IL said God kept her up all night, on and on and on and she had to send 200.00 through walmart to us.
    I went and got that money, the next day someone left 5-7 bags of food on the hotel door step for us and I never mention need to anyone.
    That Monday someone handed the wife 300.00 and that wed someone helped us get into a better place to live.
    So, I get excited when the Lord ask for ALL the bill money. He has more than once.

That's great. I have heard many stories like that. If you truly hear the Lord impress upon you to sow your last, I would not argue. My issues are twofold. One if a pastor tells you to sow your last instead of taking care of your family because that violates Scripture. Secondly, if someone feels they are "owed" because they sowed the 134.

I can't say I am rich, but I am believing to be increased more and more so that I can make the devil sweat for hurting people and keeping them up all night in worry about not having enough. It's not about us, it's becoming someone God can trust and us.
    God bless Anthony!!! Now where is my pickaxe.

LOL< God bless. I am going to sleep.

19. Nope, it was the Lord that told me to sow............... In fact, my first thought was to give a little now, then pay the rest later. After all if God said something today, then it would be the same tomorrow.

The wife then looked at me and said, "Did God say anything to you about giving all the money we had." Guess God said it so loud she heard it.

So, NO, I thought the boat was a good idea and all, but folk got to eat and had no intention of sowing anything.

You have a good night.

20. Just to clarify, I wasn't saying if a pastor told YOU, in your story. I was speaking in general about principles.