Destiny Or Free Will?

How could that happen. But wait, I know where you are going so let me ask you before you get there.........
can Satan put on a miracle that would deceive someone which in fact would be good at that time?
Yes Satan will mimic God but with NO rewards.

God created an archangel named Lucifer, who rebelled and committed treason against God by his own will. That is what spawned evil in the universe. God did not create evil. It is not a created thing.

Lucifer? Which bible verse says Lucifer was an archangel? My bible only mentions Lucifer once in the book of Isaiah, and it's referring to a King.

Let's be strictly accurate with this: God created a being that (according to tradition) was named Samael. That being, through the abuse of his own free will became what we know as Satan.
God created Samael, Samael became Satan through pride.
Evil stems from the corruption of a being through misuse of free will.

Satan is completely corrupt, he can do no good.

e.g. If I have a knife, I can choose to cut tomatoes (a good thing), or cut throats (a bad thing). The choice is mine.

Yes Satan will mimic God but with NO rewards.

Exactly my point brother!!!
Let's be strictly accurate with this: God created a being that (according to tradition) was named Samael. That being, through the abuse of his own free will became what we know as Satan.
God created Samael, Samael became Satan through pride.
Evil stems from the corruption of a being through misuse of free will.

Satan is completely corrupt, he can do no good.

e.g. If I have a knife, I can choose to cut tomatoes (a good thing), or cut throats (a bad thing). The choice is mine.

Excellent my brother. I agree.

How could that happen. But wait, I know where you are going so let me ask you before you get there.........
can Satan put on a miracle that would deceive someone which in fact would be good at that time?

Major your good. You already know where I am going.

To answer your question, I don't know if in fact it would be "good." Maybe by those who are deceived.

But yeah, if Satan can't do good, and is evil.. Can God create evil?

Now this statement is different than you above one. Pick a side Paul. If was on a pc I would show that God does not operate on election. He shows no far down the road forrknowledge of a man. He has said I will destroy you and I won't hear you or repent from it then a bit latter he repeats of the evil he planned.

He is a faith God, that only considers good for all he made. (Jer 29:11)

He responds to man, their choice to be blessed or cursed. He records those choices. Man's choice.

My posts were in disagreement with Calvin's declarations of double predestination...

Lucifer? Which bible verse says Lucifer was an archangel? My bible only mentions Lucifer once in the book of Isaiah, and it's referring to a King.

That is a dual reference---one to the King of Babylon and at the same time to Lucifer/Satan. The fall of Lucifer is described in Isaiah 14, starting at verse 12.

God created an archangel named Lucifer, who rebelled and committed treason against God by his own will. That is what spawned evil in the universe. God did not create evil. It is not a created thing.

NOPE......There is only ONE Arch angel mentioned in the Bible and that is Michael!

To answer your question, I don't know if in fact it would be "good." Maybe by those who are deceived.

Nahhh, I am not good at all. I am very cute though.

But the Bible answer is that God does not create evil.

My brother evil is not really a created thing. You can't see, touch, feel, smell or hear evil. It is not one of the fundamental forces of physics, nor does it consist of matter, energy, or the spatial dimensions of the universe. Still, skeptics like to claim that God created evil and cite the Bible to "prove" their point. The Bible is quite clear that God is not the author of evil and insists that He is incapable of doing so.

It seems to me that no greater compliment could have been paid to man than to have been created in the very image of God (Gen. 1:26-27). A part of that “creation package” was the gift of personal volition, that is, the ability to make moral choices. There are only two logical possibilities — one might be created with “free will,” or without “free will.”

Every thing said can be summed up in these words......

Eccl 12:13-14.........
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man......For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil
."

NOPE......There is only ONE Arch angel mentioned in the Bible and that is Michael!

Nahhh, I am not good at all. I am very cute though.

But the Bible answer is that God does not create evil.

My brother evil is not really a created thing. You can't see, touch, feel, smell or hear evil. It is not one of the fundamental forces of physics, nor does it consist of matter, energy, or the spatial dimensions of the universe. Still, skeptics like to claim that God created evil and cite the Bible to "prove" their point. The Bible is quite clear that God is not the author of evil and insists that He is incapable of doing so.

It seems to me that no greater compliment could have been paid to man than to have been created in the very image of God (Gen. 1:26-27). A part of that “creation package” was the gift of personal volition, that is, the ability to make moral choices. There are only two logical possibilities — one might be created with “free will,” or without “free will.”

Every thing said can be summed up in these words......

Eccl 12:13-14.........
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man......For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil
."

well that settles that. I can't disagree with scripture. :)

One mention (not first mention) is all we need to be elucidated about the goings on in pre-history regarding Satan.
You're talking about satan now.. I'm talking about Lucifer. There is only 1 scripture mentioning Lucifer, and it is debated that the scripture is not talking about satan at all, but a corrupt king.. Since there is only 1 scripture referencing Lucifer, there is not much there to make a case that it refers to satan.

Back