Destined For Them

Sunday, November 17, 2013, 6:12 a.m. – In the course of the morning, and me spending time with the Lord in prayer and in his word, he put at least 4 songs in my mind: “Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross,” “I Am Bound for the Promised Land,” “They’re Coming to Take Me Away,” and “Oh, To Be Like Thee Blessed Redeemer.” Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read 1 Thessalonians 3 (NIV).

These Trials

So when we could stand it no longer, we thought it best to be left by ourselves in Athens. We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith, so that no one would be unsettled by these trials. For you know quite well that we are destined for them. In fact, when we were with you, we kept telling you that we would be persecuted. And it turned out that way, as you well know.

The U.N. Talks on Climate Change have now entered their second week. I read a news story about these talks, which I will reference below. I believe the Lord Jesus is using this news story to show me these present-day trials and persecutions which are going on in our world, as well as what we can yet expect to take place, specifically here in the U.S.A. I will paraphrase portions of the article in terms I believe the Lord Jesus is showing me here:

~ The UK’s Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC) said Typhoon Haiyan was a foretaste of the future for millions who will be at personal jeopardy from life-threatening global political climate conditions, i.e. from the formation and global rule of the New World Order (Beast). In other words, man-made storms via the N.W.O. and other types of devastation and personal and global disaster, at their hands, are in the world’s immediate future. The British agencies argue that dangerous climate events such as Typhoon Haiyan follow an increasing form of threat which indicates strongly towards global political climate change. In other words, the storm was man-made and for the purpose of threatening the governments of the world to bow to the demands of the N.W.O., and to eliminate competing forces, i.e. the gospel of Jesus Christ and its messengers, and lower level forms of government. “Haiyan has struck and affected around 12 million people.” This man-made storm and its purposeful devastation should thus awaken those who have not yet taken the New World Order (Beast) seriously, i.e. this should force them into compliance via threat of loss of life. ~

I believe very much that the Lord Jesus has been showing me for the past 7 years that we are coming into this time of great devastation, persecutions, being martyred for our testimonies of faith in Jesus Christ, and this rule of the beast of Revelation (see Rev. 13). He has been showing me how this N.W.O. Beast (including much of the U.S. government) has been taking over the nations of the world one at a time via false flag operations, unnatural (man-made) disasters, orchestrated uprisings and internal conflicts in nations, war, lies, manipulations, and deceptions, etc. This N.W.O. (U.S. Gov. + allies) first creates the scenarios, such as “terrorist” acts, disasters, etc., and then they go into these nations (including inside the U.S.) as “saviors” to try to help assist or to resolve conflicts, et al. And, in the process they exercise military power, and they form a new government of the “International Community,” alias N.W.O. Beast. And, if we do not comply, they are coming to take us away, yet for those of us in Christ, we have the promise and hope of heaven.

Encouragement in Persecution

For this reason, when I could stand it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith. I was afraid that in some way the tempter had tempted you and that our labors might have been in vain.

But Timothy has just now come to us from you and has brought good news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always have pleasant memories of us and that you long to see us, just as we also long to see you. Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord. How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you? Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith.
There is always the danger that, in such times as these, believers in Jesus Christ might become disheartened and discouraged by these severe trials and persecutions. Yet, Jesus Christ told us that if we followed him that we would be treated like he was treated, so it should come as no surprise to us. Knowing this, nonetheless, does not make it any easier. These are perilous times in which we now live, and it is only going to get worse. The Bible tells us so. So, we need to encourage one another in our faith so that we don’t become disheartened and lose faith.

One of the biggest ways in which we need to encourage each other is in telling each other the truth in love. If we give people the notion that the Christian life is a party, fun and games, we are preparing them for a big fall, potentially. So, we need to let people know what the Bible teaches about what it means to follow Jesus Christ. We must die to our old lives of living for self and sin, we must be transformed in heart and mind of the Spirit of God, and we must put on our new lives in Christ Jesus, “created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (See Eph. 4:17-24; cf. Lu. 9:23-25). And, we must follow Jesus Christ wherever he leads us, even if it means to the death for the sake of the gospel.

Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus clear the way for us to come to you. May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.

When in The Stillness / An Original Work / September 26, 2011

When in the stillness
Of this moment,
Speak to me, Lord,
I humbly pray.
Be my desire,
Set me on fire,
Teach me to love always.
Help me to walk in
Fellowship with You,
Listening to You;
Sit at Your feet.