1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Desiring Companionship

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Mark_18, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Desiring Companionship

But knowing I'm so far from being worthy and able.

I need help. It what ways am I supposed to be looking for her and in what ways am I not supposed to?
  2. I must mention that God has shown me that it's not time to ask that question - that I'm to first fill this desire in Him, and I have an idea how. But any comments on the questions I've expressed are welcome.
  3. If we seek His will and do it then He can bring the right person into our lives if its His will.

But if we are so anxious we are always looking all the time, we may think we have found them but its not the right one.

Remember though

2 Corinthians 6:14
    Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

If they are unbelievers there is no way to fulfill the calling we were created for because they will be going the wrong way. Even believers, if they are not sensing being in the same calling. He has created us that we work together for the kingdom of God.
  4. Yes! :smile_anim:

It is only natural that we desire companionship on earth, as we were created for that purpose with our creator. We should first seek God with all our heart, and then he will bring someone. I think of Adam. It was just God and Adam. Adam was created complete and whole as an individual, and it was only him and God. It was God who recognized Adam's need for a female companion. We are not given any indication that Adam himself desired a wife. I believe that when we are in perfect unity and oneness with God, and we have first learned how to have a relationship with him, then he will bring a potential mate. That mate may not even be what you would have chosen for yourself.

Besides seeking God and building a relationship with him, I would say to pray for him to prepare you and also to prepare the one he has for you. Also, I would say to make a list of things you desire in a future spouse. Share that list with someone who can hold you accountable. Pray over that list. The list is not something that should read "hair color, eye color, weight......." Think of the qualities of a godly woman and those should be your list. "Puts God first in her life, etc."
  5. You are still sooooooooooooo young. Don't be in a hurry.

"Delight yourself also in the LORD; and He shall give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4).

6. In order to find a companion, you must first of all fall in love with Jesus. It won't take over night. It's taken me about a year to finally fall in love with God. But we must have a strong and stable relationship with God before we jump into any kind of relationship.

If you delight in God, he WILL give you the desires of your heart.

The thing is to wait on God. And be patient. I used to date a lot during 2007-2008. Until I finally gave my life to God, even my love life. And asked Him, "The next guy that is interested in me, God, let him be the one to become my future husband."

God's the author of my love story. And I will wait upon Him until He provides me a mate. It may take a few months, a few years, whatever. But remember, God's timing is always perfect. So when you are becoming discouraged, think of that. God's timing is ALWAYS perfect and when He bring you a companion, then it is in the right time :) :)
  7. """"seek""" first the Kingdom of God and all other things will be added unto you " :smiley90: which scripture is that one ?

brainteaser :smiley10:
  8. Scripture says it is not good for man to be alone. You have a natural desire to find your special person. It will happen. Commit it to prayer. I have been married 23 years. There was a time I was unhappy as I too was seeking to settle down with just the right girl. Finally I decided just to be happy and stop struggling and to give it to God. It was right after that I met my wife. The lesson I learned is that happiness is a choice no matter what circumstance you are in. When we decide to be happy and give our situation to God, we create an environment of faith and I do believe God responds to that. I came to the conclusion as well that perhaps the girl that God has for me is not ready for me yet. You know what? That was exactly the case. Even though I was ready my future wife, she was not ready for me. Wait upon the Lord.
  9. I completely agree to all of the above 100%. However one question does arise in my head, thought id go ahead and ask it..

If you read 1 Corinthians 8-9, it says:

8Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. 9But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Here we are told that if we cannot control ourselves and we are in such need to find ourselves a spouse we are to go ahead with it. Is God telling us to go ahead here on our own or again wait upon him?

Because if you had to read verse 9 on its own without considering anything else then it has to mean what it means right?

Thanks for any help..Sorry if there was any confusion.

10. As Christians, we always wait upon the Lord. His timing is perfect - even concerning man/woman relationships.

I believe this quote is found in 1 Cor 7

And somewhere Paul says he is speaking his opinion, not God's command. I believe Paul was writing under inspiration, and giving guidance in an immoral society.

You should pray and read the chapter again, considering what Paul is really trying to covey.
  11. OK, I just looked it up. It is chapter 7. Paul appears to be responding to specific questions he was asked.

At least three times Paul states he is giving Christian guidance, but not speaking commands from God: vs. 6, 10 and 12

Read the whole chapter. To me this is more about ensuring you are putting God first, and not letting worldly distractions interfere.

12. I'm very glad that I found this particular thread in here, because I was seriously just about to start another topic on this same thing after reading the one that's called "Single-Ship" so I looked to double check in case there really WAS another thread that had begun after that one, and here it is :)

And all these are quotes that I took from the other posts that i really liked what they said and it did help me.
    and it made me realize something....

((I have to learn how to embrace in myself, also.))

**Thank You! Exactly what I've probably have been dealing with, also with some "guys" coming after me...which I can't believe that they WERE coming after me!!* But that whole::"But if we are so anxious we are always looking all the time, we may think we have found them but its not the right one.
    2 Corinthians 6:14
    Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

That's something else that I have to learn and study on! That I need to learn about my own relationship with God first!

I love xspinningisfun!! She's so great. I guess that's what my problem has been and I didn't realize it.. I know that I love Jesus, but I need to be IN LOVE WITH HIM, TOO. I guess I just find it a tad, weird. Cuz you know he's not a person, but He Is a Real Spirit.

I want to be stable before even THINKING of any guy (((Once I told a boy that I'm trying to get all guys out of my head so I don't have to think about them, and concentrate on God first and do that way, then he told me that if I don't look out and keep my eye open - then I might miss out on that boy that comes along the way. therefore, he changed my mind, just in case he Was right...and i was wrong... and i might miss what god has in store for me - but so far - NOTHING.))) and jumping into one like that, and I have a personal story, I guess I wouldn't mind typing it all out on here, but I'm very unsure who'd be interested in reading it, and with that, I would have liked to see what others would have to say about my story and what's going on now.. and any words, encouragement, and advice would be appreciated.