Describe a " Blameless " Person

Dusty

Inactive
Describe a " Blameless " Person

Titus 1: 6
An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient.

In Titus , Paul is instructing , Titus in a letter as to how to lead the troubled church on the island of Crete. Paul covers such matters as qualifications of church leaders , guidelines for a godly life and an emphasis on faith that over comes division among believers .

I think also these are good guide lines to be followed even today in our churches . The Cretians were described in verse 12 of chapter one as " liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons. That's pretty harsh language. So Titus has his work cut out for him.

My question is how would you describe a " blameless " person.?

Titus 1: 6
An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient.

In Titus , Paul is instructing , Titus in a letter as to how to lead the troubled church on the island of Crete. Paul covers such matters as qualifications of church leaders , guidelines for a godly life and an emphasis on faith that over comes division among believers .

I think also these are good guide lines to be followed even today in our churches . The Cretians were described in verse 12 of chapter one as " liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons. That's pretty harsh language. So Titus has his work cut out for him.

ROFL Dusty I misread this post and thought you were talking about a certain polittian who spoke out of the side of his mouth. grin. You know who....LOL

ROFL Dusty I misread this post and thought you were talking about a certain polittian who spoke out of the side of his mouth. grin. You know who....LOL

Larry was a mass murderer. He sold and used drugs, was abusive to everybody around him. He was a very heavy drinker and was very profane in his speech. Oh he was a dirty rotten guy.
Then he met Jesus and gave his heart totally to Him. He died and rose again a brand new creature. His sins were washed away, and his life started changing right away. Spending time in the Word instead of in the bars, one could see the changes taking place.
He had no guilt or shame in his life. He was now innocent of all sin. Blameless.
2 Corinthians 5:16-18
Here is a man who hunted and killed many people, without mercy. He stood there and said “I haven’t hurt anybody, I haven’t wronged anybody, nor have I corrupted anybody. He too is blameless.
2 Corinthians 7:1-3

So what makes them blameless? Their sins are washed away and they are walking in the anointing.

Dusty said:
First let me congratulate Jeff and the mod team for picking up Dusty as a moderater. A great choice for sure;)

Dusty,
My understanding of blameless is one who has no unrepentant sin in their life, One who has been transformed by the touch of Christ in their heart. One who having confessed ,repented and stands before the congregation with no active known willful sin in their life .
One who is not living in deliberate error.
One who leads a life of such purity that the world cannot make legitimate acusations against them.
In context, it seems to me to say that one who is known to have or be in willful, delberate sin should not be chosen or held as an elder.

Phi 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Phi 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Biblicaly, one is concidered "Blameless" who has confessed and repented before God an therefore forgiven for their sins.

Sincerely His
And yours
Cliff

Cliff ........First thank you for the acolades that I don't deserve. With the Lord's help I hope to be a blessing and a help here as I have been blessed so much since joining . Now I must give my blessing away ... right ?

Anyways , I like your explanation. As Titus is instructed by Paul to teach the Cretians integrety , honesty and unity ,he needed to tell the men he appoints as elders to be a husbands of one wife,and have children who are obedient and to be self -controlled , holy, disciplined ,trustworthy and be encouragers.

In this way the men could become" Blameless." . So this is the way that Christ also wants us to be so that we can be the best example and people can look at our lives and see that we are living different than the world.

He says in Titus 2:7. In everything set them an example by doing what is good . In your teaching show integrety, seriousness.

So this is also an example for us to set an example of what is pure and good.

1 Thessalonians 2:9-12

9Surely you remember, brothers, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.
10You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.
11For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children,
12encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

So according to this verse that links to our topic.... How is credibility and effectiveness important in ministry to others?

I believe that when we are" blameless " we are good witnesses in word and deed. and that way we can live effective lives for the Lord .by encouraging and comforting others to live Godly lives.

Why is it important to live" blameless lives "?

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

23....May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24.....The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

2 Peter 1:3
Making One's Calling and Election Sure

3....His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

.... I like that . He has given us EVERYTHING we need for life. Wow ,What an amazing God .Thank you Jesus .

The word "BLAMELESS"comes from a word family that means " calling someone to account" or '"finding flaws ".

Why do you think that Paul insisted that a church leader be blameless ?

All very good responces. And here is more to think about-

Abraham-

God brought forth the seed He prophecied from Abraham, even tho Abraham laughed at God and Sarah too because she was barren.

Noah-

God saved Noah and his children and thier families because Noah and them were- "perfect in thier generations". Yet, what happened with Noah after the flood?

David-

God called David to be future King while Saul was still alive and kept David protected, only to see David, as King have a husband of a woman killed so he could have that woman.

Apostle Peter-

While a Disciple, he constantly screwed up. Yet, he became revered as one of the greatest of the Apostles.

Apostle Paul-

Paul was considered as "greatest of the Apostles", yet, in Acts, it shows where he and Barnabus started having divisions between them and agreed for Glorifying God, its best they seperate and take on other partners in ministry.

Yes, God teaches us to work to be "blameless", become spiritual men, that nothing can afflict us of Satan's attacks, to convince us to falter. But, God does not expect us to be fully "blameless". Yet, He expects us to strive towards that.

A "natural man" is unsaved and headed for Hell.

A "Carnal man" is a saved and reborn Child of God still having problems when trials or temptations hit them.

A "spiritual man"- is fully infilled by the Holy Spirit, so that nothing of Satan's attacks or influence can touch them adversely at all.

The last one is the level we are to strive for, that Satan can no longer have any influence or control over us whatsoever- (becoming "blameless").

Yet, "blameless" also refers to this- God not only forgives sins when we repent, He forgets them as well. So, I suggest "Blameless" goes further to include those who are so intune with the Holy Spirit's promptings and leadings, to be like Daniel, who repented for thier own wrongs, but also included themselves as partakers of sins they had nothing to do with, in thier prayers for deliverance of thier people, nation, etc.

The first time I recall from God's Word, God actually prophecying the chastisement of captivity to occur over Jews for sure, was with Babylon, back with Hezakiah.

God was going to have Hezakiah die at one point. Hezakiah prayed for God to extend his life. Ok, God did, but only for 15 more years. Hezakiah also asked God to deliver Isreal from Assyria too. God did.

But, notice several verses later, God speaks of a future captivity to happen. In other words, yes, God stayed that Assyrian captivity from Isreal's chistement, but He then shows it will be worse for them later, being put off.

So, "blameless" can also relate to "repented of sins" that God has wiped away, as He forgets them then. It reminds me always of a "Penetant man". Very incredible teaching what God gives us of such a person.

God Bless!!

:amen::goodpost: Thanks C. C. Wonderful examples.:) Can I use this tomorrow night in my Bible Study group ?

Back