1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Denomination Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hadron, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Out of curiosity, what denomination/s do you identify with?

I'd set it up as an actual poll, but any list would be far from exhaustive. :p
  2. My wife and I are on our way to becoming Lutherans.
  3. Were you previously Protestants of a different denom, or Catholic, or a different religion?
    Also, why Lutheran? If you don't mind me asking.
  4. When I do get to church its most likely to be Angilican as that is the sort of layout in the main round here. I'd however identify myself as non denominational. To put it one way, Jesus is greater than what I sometimes perceive as man made splits.
    Cinderella8 likes this.
  5. I certainly respect that. :)
    Cinderella8 likes this.
  6. I'm baptist, but mostly for the free food :LOL:
    dUmPsTeR likes this.
  7. We were previously protestants and identified with non-denominational churches. Before that, we were both cradle Catholics that left the church in either our teens (me) or earlier (wife).

Why Lutheran? Well, my wife went to a Lutheran service before I did and she let me know that I would like it as it's Catholic without being Catholic. Lutheranism doesn't have all the rules and regulations that the Catholic church has. They also accept my wife and I as being married, even if we did not get married in the Catholic church. They do not tell us that God doesn;t approve of our marriage like I had heard in the Catholic church and from Catholics themselves.

I went the next week and have been going ever since (that was back around September I believe that we started going). My wife, who didn't continue to attend the Lutheran church with me went to one of our old churches (a non-denominational church with heavy independent southern Baptist leanings) and the sermon was about following your husband where ever he goes as long as it's not ungodly. So she has been attending with me when she is physically able to do so. Any day now She'll be delivering our second child and I won't be attending church for a couple weeks to stay home with her and the newborn. It's one of the things that I appreciate about the Lutheran church. It's not a sin if you do not show up for a couple weeks.
    Cinderella8 likes this.
  8. I don't have one. I go where the Spirit leads.
    xspinningisfun, Cinderella8 and Fish_of_Faith says Amen and like this.
  9. I attend Assemblies of God Church though I do not agree with all their doctrines 100%. I don't know if I am Pentecostal or Baptist or Reformed.. Bits and pieces from everything :)
    xspinningisfun and Cinderella8 say Amen and like this.
  10. Roman Catholic with Eastern Orthodox tendencies.
  11. #11 LysanderShapiro, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Former Evangelical/Non-denominational (though spent most of my life in a Presbyterian and non-denominational church). Now traditional Catholic.
  12. I'm with Abdicate on this one.
    Some people do not feel that they belong to any denomination and feel excluded, however God sends me to people who do not belong to any denomination. I will preach to anyone, whether as part of a denomination or not.
    God loves us all! :love:
    Cinderella8 and Abdicate say Amen and like this.
  13. What about you?
  14. I prefer pentecostal churches but I attend evangelical church (because of lack of pentecostal churches in my area).
  15. I was raised in Assemblies of God/nondenom-pentecostal churches but don't agree with any of those teachings. I've considered joining the Roman Catholic Church, but my heretical tendencies might be too much of a problem for that. :/
    Cinderella8 likes this.
  16. I worship in a home. It is where the Lord put me. The group I worship with was planted in the late sixties early seventies.

Fish_of_Faith, Cinderella8 and Abdicate says Amen and like this.
  17. Raised Roman Catholic, saved in a assemblies of God Church, and now belong to the body of Christ.
    Cinderella8 and Robine say Amen and like this.
  18. From the OP:

I am a born again follower of Jesus Christ.
    Cinderella8 likes this.
  19. Lutheran. =)
  20. While growing up I went to Baptist & Pentecostal churches. But I'm currently a member of a non-denominational church and loving it. The spirit flows, the preaching is spot on, and the people are lovely.
    Cinderella8 likes this.