Delivered

Delivered

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:13-14 NKJV

Jesus Christ delivered us from the power of darkness on the day we believed on His name. Paul knows this first had. You can read about his conversion in Acts 26:17-18 “…I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.â€

Everyone needs forgiveness of sins, as Romans 3:23 declares: “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of Godâ€. Romans 6:23 tells us the penalty
of sin and gift of God: “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is
eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.†Thankfully God’s mercy is available for
everyone. Romans 10:9 “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.â€

Paul continues to say we are conveyed into God’s kingdom. We were sealed in Christ when we believed. 2 Corinthians 1:22 says “who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.†Our real home is in heaven. We are now citizen’s of heaven ( Philippians 3:20 ). We have been adopted into God’s family ( Ephesians 1:5 ).

We rejoice knowing that Jesus’ work on the cross took care of our redemption. Acts 4:12 “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.†We are saved by His favor and grace. We did not earn salvation. As mentioned earlier in Romans 6:23, salvation is a gift from God. Nor can we do anything to deserve God’s love. God loved us before the world began.

Okay, knowing all these things have you ever caught yourself having critical,
judging and condemning thoughts towards another person? In today’s verse and in Ephesians 5:8-10 Paul reminds them that they too once were in darkness: “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.â€

As a result, of remembering how we once were, it helps us take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. If you need help with your thoughts, like I do, try adding Psalm 104:34 to your prayers: “May all my thoughts be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord.â€

Therefore, let’ live out our faith by doing what Ephesians 4:23 says “…let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.â€

Back