Deliverance Theatrics, Rituals And Dramatizations...

This question popped into my head after my morning prayer. Why do some make deliverance so theatrical, ritualistic and dramatized? My first thought is that there really is no right or wrong way to conduct deliverance as long as it is with love and in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I think some people totally get the wrong impression regarding deliverance and exorcism because of Hollywood.

Do any of you have any experience with deliverance or deliverance ministry and could you please shed some light on this? Nowhere that I've found in scriptures does it point to a certain ritual when deliverance is being conducted. Also, I have heard some say that the cross itself can be a form of idolization. Has anyone else ever heard of this? Is it because people pay more attention to the symbol than Christ Himself? Any and all thoughts are appreciated on this topic.

The church i go to cast out demons in the name of Jesus. No rituals, no crosses just by His Name. The laying on of hands is used on top of one's head. A deliverance service is held on a Friday .

1) As far as the theatrics, it unfortunately goes in line with the "look at me" church we have nowadays. Worship is entertainment. Preaching is motivational speaking. Pastors more concerned about style than substance.

2) The cross could become an idol just like anything else. People more concerned about looking the part than living the part. Jesus spoke about them as whitewashed tombs.

AW

Very good points and much appreciated.

Back