Define The Meaning Of Christ

TalkJesus

Inactive
This is a Bible study, and so if anyone is interested, let's do a study on what Christ means.

Now most will go to Strong's Concordance and get this:

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/STRGRK55.htm#S5547

Christos is from chrio which is "anointed", but I have a contention here that everyone should take pause in how you use this Strong's Concordance. Christos is from chrio, but that does not mean Christos is just meaning "anointed". Christos being from chrio would suggest that it is more than just anointed. If you look up the word chrio, you would get this meaning at this link which proves that Christos is more than chrio.

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/STRGRK55.htm#S5548

Strong's Concordance has added to chrio after "anointed" with "i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus:" for the definition of Christos as Christ.

The necessity of this Bible Study is because "The Voice" Bible switched out "the Christ" with "the Anointed One". Some are saying that there were other "christs" before Him and have cited Cyrus by example.

Isaiah 45:1Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus,

From this view and application, other believers are saying that we are christs as well, because we are anointed which makes me wonder how anyone can heed this warning.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, ..........

So this is why there should be contentions here as Christos is different from chrio.

So how do we know what Christ means? By how it is used in the verses and the testimonies attached to it in giving what the Christ means. I mean, who better to ask then what the Jews believed the Christ means, right?

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=Christ+God&version1=KJV&searchtype=all&bookset=4

So take a peak at that link above and you tell me what the Christ means to the Jews.

If any doubt as to the meaning of Christ, then ponder these verses as to why no one else can be the Christ.

John 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

John the Baptist was anointed from the womb, Luke 1:13-15 , so was he denying he was ever anointed? Is this definite proof that Christ means more than just "anointed"?

1 John 2: 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

How can denying Jesus being the Christ is the same as denying the Father and the Son? Is that not saying that Jesus is the ONLY Christ when denying Him is the same as denying His deity?

Feel free to ask God at that throne of grace.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Back