1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Deb's profile.

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Deborah, May 8, 2009.

1. Deb's profile.

Hi, I have been here on the forum a month today. I am a mom of three, nana of two, and married to the same guy over 40 years. I once taught high school, adult basic education, and later a few college classes in history as an adjunct professor. And I was a counselor for a few years working in the church, for a Christian counseling center, and privately..with individuals and groups.

I have been a Christian since I was a teenager but recommitted my life to Christ in 1973. Since then I have been involved in various ministries from youth groups to administration of adult programs in churches to moderating another Christian forum where I still post occasionally as a member. Also have done extensive ministry with Christian women's organizations in which I traveled a great deal. Now, as a retiree, I have slowed down, and I enjoy our grandchildren and their activiies, plus the antics and companionship of my two wonderful feline friends. My husband, who is also a Christian, and I have a boy kitty (his) and a girl kitty (hers). ;)

I chose the name, Deborah, as a user name for CFS because I have always enjoy stories about women in the bible like Deborah, Esther, Ruth, and others.

Reading, cycling (now indoors), crafts, and watching baseball games are some of my favorite things to do. Also am involved as a member of the church prayer team and may be a woman's ministry (church) bible study leader this fall.
  2. I've been reading your posts in the month that you've been here Deborah and I'd like to commend you on your thoughtful and knowledgeable posts.

I believe you're a great asset to the forum and we're happy to have you.

Blessings, Cheri:)
  3. Thanks, Cheri, this is sweet. God bless you today and always. :) Wish they had a smilie for a "hug".