Dealing with Others - Must Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally speaking, see the bible as an explanation of what occurred and also, for new people to the faith, a clear way to begin to follow Jesus's word/guidelines.

That being how it occurred for me.

There is a further stage, that occurred to me, where I followed the holy spirit, rather than, Church policies. I havn't heard of that being spoken about. I mean no one has ever said to me they were being led by the Holy spirit (or however they felt they were being led by God), into exploring their own sinful nature (aka behaviors, ideas, judgements). It is a new concept. So I don't know how much it applies (to anyone else following Christ).

Definitely love and agree with the idea about giving more attention on objects like computers more than God. It is definitely a dangerous thing. Such a good read!

Well i think some of us forget that when two or three gather in Jesus name there he is in the midst. If you say something that would grieve his Holy Spirit then you are just operating in the flesh.

Be careful with your words and dont forget your first love, Jesus.

Its not about you, and your opinions and interpetations its about JESUS. He has the final Word, cos he IS the Word.

With 41,000 Christian denominations (1) it is a guarantee that there will be disagreements. To that end, how one acts with the other in disagreement is key to how they are in their real walk with Christ. Only the word of God is final, but it's sin in our lives that blind us from the truth of those words, Eph 4:17-18.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that the word of God is not only a guide book for our lives, but a book of principles. While computers are not mentioned, if one spends all their time on the computer (even if only on this site) it can make the computer their god. And this will affect your relationship with God. The word of God shows our condition, whatever it is, and points us to Jesus. If anything at all comes first then that is your god, and you'll leave in error. That is a principle. I speak to myself first. All of creations, the word of God, and especially us, are signposts to Jesus. Anything else is ego and vanity.

If you MUST win an argument, then you're here for the wrong reasons, and are filled with yourself and pride. These are not the things of God. Get your emotions in check. God's word will be around long after you're dead along with you "passionate" defence of it. Most people run on autopilot and don't realize even what they do. That's passiveness. God wants us to be in complete control, 2 Tim 1:7, but it doesn't happen overnight (and sometimes it does). It's taken many decades to get jaded and angry. While it won't take decades to fix, most don't realize they have these issues so as to begin the transformational process to perfection, Heb 6:1. Don't bait them, don't attack them. Keep the peace, Psa 133:1. Jesus only spoke harsh words to those who claimed to know the will of God and really didn't. Don't be one of them. Let the mods take care of the hypocrites, use the report button.

It takes practice, but if your heart is pure and wish to help, speak and have a dialog with others that don't agree. But you must use the Holy Spirit to guide you to know if what you're saying is going to be heard. If not, move on, Pro 23:9. Now that's not to say you're right and they're wrong, just that you need to stick to the word of God and the facts, not dogma. Be a sign post. Does the sign argue with the driver who ignores the sign that the bridge is out? No. Present the truth and if they don't wish to bend, move on. Even Jesus had to learn obedience, we certainly do too, Heb 5:8.

God does love everyone. He died for us all. Remember that when in discussions with others that don't agree with your beliefs. Those that stir up strife will be dealt with by the mods.

Colossians 3:23-25 (KJV)
And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Reference:
(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations
Hello.

With 41,000 Christian denominations (1) it is a guarantee that there will be disagreements. To that end, how one acts with the other in disagreement is key to how they are in their real walk with Christ. Only the word of God is final, but it's sin in our lives that blind us from the truth of those words, Eph 4:17-18.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that the word of God is not only a guide book for our lives, but a book of principles. While computers are not mentioned, if one spends all their time on the computer (even if only on this site) it can make the computer their god. And this will affect your relationship with God. The word of God shows our condition, whatever it is, and points us to Jesus. If anything at all comes first then that is your god, and you'll leave in error. That is a principle. I speak to myself first. All of creations, the word of God, and especially us, are signposts to Jesus. Anything else is ego and vanity.

If you MUST win an argument, then you're here for the wrong reasons, and are filled with yourself and pride. These are not the things of God. Get your emotions in check. God's word will be around long after you're dead along with you "passionate" defence of it. Most people run on autopilot and don't realize even what they do. That's passiveness. God wants us to be in complete control, 2 Tim 1:7, but it doesn't happen overnight (and sometimes it does). It's taken many decades to get jaded and angry. While it won't take decades to fix, most don't realize they have these issues so as to begin the transformational process to perfection, Heb 6:1. Don't bait them, don't attack them. Keep the peace, Psa 133:1. Jesus only spoke harsh words to those who claimed to know the will of God and really didn't. Don't be one of them. Let the mods take care of the hypocrites, use the report button.

It takes practice, but if your heart is pure and wish to help, speak and have a dialog with others that don't agree. But you must use the Holy Spirit to guide you to know if what you're saying is going to be heard. If not, move on, Pro 23:9. Now that's not to say you're right and they're wrong, just that you need to stick to the word of God and the facts, not dogma. Be a sign post. Does the sign argue with the driver who ignores the sign that the bridge is out? No. Present the truth and if they don't wish to bend, move on. Even Jesus had to learn obedience, we certainly do too, Heb 5:8.

God does love everyone. He died for us all. Remember that when in discussions with others that don't agree with your beliefs. Those that stir up strife will be dealt with by the mods.

And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Reference:
You are absolutely right, but keep in mind too, that you can use the computer for exactly what Colossians quotes. You can maintain a fundamental relationship with Christ by researching the "guide to life". The Bible is far more than that, in fact, the historical, social, and archeological aspects of the Bible still intrigue scholars to this day with many spending entire careers using the Bible to re-research so-called history. Also, be careful with versions of the Bible too. My NIV version completely side-tracks Gen 6:4 calling "Sons of God" royal kingship of Seth's descendants when the Bible, The Book of Enoch, The Book of Giants, the Book of Noah, and the Genesis Aparohphon (or however you spell it) CLEARLY state who the sons of God were.

Reference:
When we are dealing with others we need to learn from the best of the best, Jesus himself, see how he dealt with people differently and take notes then put it to the test. We are all so different, and have so many hang ups, belief systems, upbringing, etc, so we need a different approach with people, our main aim is to draw and not drive, u all feel me?

Reference:
good advice, thx

What insightful and wonderful counsel here! It is true that so many "want to be right." I do not frequent Social media much anymore due to the fact that there is an argumentative spirit we sometimes face. Yet, your words here keep it in perspective of what is truly important. In addition, I work with a very domineering, always-must-be-right co worker who professes to be a christian. I refuse to argue with her. It is very sad to watch this. All I can do is pray, but this is exactly what I needed to hear. God bless!

I think the OP is very good advice. The best advice I ever received here was: Read and post with the Holy Spirit. I love talking about God and His Word. I relish a good debate as well as anyone but it can be done without hostility, rancor, name calling and disrespect. If you think you "know it all" it becomes impossible for you to learn and grow. If you think that someone is in error, say so and why without out of context or twisted scripture. And type it with respect, without personal castigation. Remember words can hurt others. If you don't understand precisely what someone is posting. Ask respectfully for explanation.

On the other hand, I am God's favorite and I am infallibly right :) Just so you all know.......
An excellent way to look at this.

What insightful and wonderful counsel here! It is true that so many "want to be right." I do not frequent Social media much anymore due to the fact that there is an argumentative spirit we sometimes face. Yet, your words here keep it in perspective of what is truly important. In addition, I work with a very domineering, always-must-be-right co worker who professes to be a christian. I refuse to argue with her. It is very sad to watch this. All I can do is pray, but this is exactly what I needed to hear. God bless!
You can't force people to see your way or God's way. Prayer is a great answer for this. My co worker once told me just sing...It works!

Thank you for explaining the rules. Although I rarely argue, it is good to know that if I do get into an altercation with someone, the admins will be there to help. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back