Days Of Noah

Lance you need to get yourself concordance, Jesus did say saved and one of the meanings of the greek word is equivalent to salvation.
Assuming you're speaking to me and not Lance, I mean no disrespect to "saved" Christians, it's just something I've never gotten behind because it makes no sense to me. It's as much as anything a grammatical issue because the word itself is past tense, and, well, no one's saved you yet. I think salvation is a lifelong process we strive towards and after we did then we know if we were saved.

Assuming you're speaking to me and not Lance, I mean no disrespect to "saved" Christians, it's just something I've never gotten behind because it makes no sense to me. It's as much as anything a grammatical issue because the word itself is past tense, and, well, no one's saved you yet. I think salvation is a lifelong process we strive towards and after we did then we know if we were saved.
Hi Peace. Can you provide scripture where it says it is a life long process to be saved? Yes through our life we continue to grow, but when we become saved we are filled with the Holy Spirit and nothing else needs to be done. We are to live Godly lives and try our best not to sin. This doesn't mean we are earning our salvation.

Hi Peace. Can you provide scripture where it says it is a life long process to be saved? Yes through our life we continue to grow, but when we become saved we are filled with the Holy Spirit and nothing else needs to be done. We are to live Godly lives and try our best not to sin. This doesn't mean we are earning our salvation.
No I can't do that, because I'm not a Bible-only Christian like you are. I look also to sacred tradition and the Magisterium in addition to the Bible.

No I can't do that, because I'm not a Bible-only Christian like you are. I look also to sacred tradition and the Magisterium in addition to the Bible.
Tradition is what the Pharisees fell into and see where it got them? Everything we need to know about how to live a Christian life is found in the Bible. If anything within tradition strays away from the Bible then it isn't wise to follow it. I'm not saying we can't have a tradition of sort, but it needs to be backed up with scripture.

Tradition is what the Pharisees fell into and see where it got them? Everything we need to know about how to live a Christian life is found in the Bible. If anything within tradition strays away from the Bible then it isn't wise to follow it. I'm not saying we can't have a tradition of sort, but it needs to be backed up with scripture.

Peace
Hmmm, I have investigated it myself but I'm not there. The Pope is considered infallible, and yet throughout history the different Popes have changed their official position on the same subject can't be infallible and change down the line what is considered at one point infallible, that would make it fallible.

What was there before the Bible?

Peace
Hmmm, I have investigated it myself but I'm not there. The Pope is considered infallible, and yet throughout history the different Popes have changed their official position on the same subject can't be infallible and change down the line what is considered at one point infallible, that would make it fallible.
And Lisa I don't understand why you quote me and then talk to peace? Getting a little confused.

Peace
And Lisa I don't understand why you quote me and then talk to peace? Getting a little confused.

Sorry just joined today and getting use to how this works :)

Let's look at things in context.

Matt 24:36. "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

It is true the day and hour no one knows; however, we as Christians who possess the light of the Holy Spirit, CAN KNOW the SEASON. By observing the signs of the season we are in today, we can be encouraged by Luke 21:28 "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

Matt 24:37. For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
Matt 24:38. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,
Matt 24:39. and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

So, up until the end overtook mankind, they were indifferent to their sinfulness. Sounds like these days.

Yes, calvin...for the most part rebellious mankind was unaware of what was coming. However, Noah and his family (possessing the light of God's Word to them) were NOT unaware and they observed the signs God gave them to save them from the flood.

Gen 6:3. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years."
I had always thought the Lord was saying here that man would not live over 120 years old from then on. And truly, mankind's average lifespan was greatly shortened from hundreds of years to just a few decades after the flood. So it is interesting to me to see another understanding on what the Lord was saying here. Do you know for sure that it was only another 120 years before the flood came? I have never studied this...

Gen 6:4. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

Gen 6:5. The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 6:6. And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

I believe that in verse 3 we are told that the lord decreed that He would put an end to mankind after 120 years, (possibly after some preaching by Noah cf 1Pet 3:20. 2Pet 2:5.)

The Nephilim have no present day representation that I can see.

I find it interesting that even though Noah was able to preach to the rebellious crowd of mankind for another 120 years, none came to accept the salvation offered (the ark). This is another parallel sign of what we see today...it can be discouraging to speak the Word to people and not see their repentence. But, like Noah, we are only responsible for continuing to speak the Word and we are not responsible for their choices.

Back