Daughter and boyfriend

U

Unregistered

Daughter and boyfriend

My 24 year old daughter is unmarried and pregnant. She and her live in boyfriend are coming to visit my wife and I in a month. My wife asked me to let them stay here in our house. I have a problem with them sleeping in the same bed since they are not married. My wife says that they are already living together and are having a baby together. I still feel that 2 people should be married before they share the same bed. I would like other peoples opinions on this subject.

My 24 year old daughter is unmarried and pregnant. She and her live in boyfriend are coming to visit my wife and I in a month. My wife asked me to let them stay here in our house. I have a problem with them sleeping in the same bed since they are not married. My wife says that they are already living together and are having a baby together. I still feel that 2 people should be married before they share the same bed. I would like other peoples opinions on this subject.

They may be living together and having a baby but it is your house where you make the rules! If you are uncomfortable with them sharing a room in your home then don't allow it! The truth is we can't force anyone to follow our moral code but we can stick to it ourselves! If I were you I would love her and support her but in the most delicate and loving way possible I would tell her she can not share a room with her boyfriend in your home! If they want to stay there they can sleep in separate rooms! That's my take on it anyway!:)

My first observation is that you and your wife are not on the same page.

I think you are correct. It is inappropriate for an unmarried couple to share the same bed. You are also the head of your household.

At this moment in time, I would concentrate, not so much on your daughters relationship with her boyfriend, but I would focus on my relationship with my wife.

I believe it is important that you share the same biblical view with regard to this situation.
Wives are to submit to their husbands, which is obviously not happening right now, and this is causing the initial problem in your home.

But I wouldn't go to my wife with Ephesians 5:22 rolling from your lips, :eek: unless you want to compound the problem. I only mention it because when the relationship is right, wives do submit to their husbands.

I would approach my wife with Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

If you and your wife come to complete agreement with one another with respect to what will and will not take place in your home, then, you will both be better equipped to handle what is taking place in your daughter and her boyfriends home.

But I think you need to resolve the conflict within your own home first.

Well, that is my opinion.
God bless you and your entire family, and congratulations on the blessing of a brand new grandchild. :)

You are all in my prayers. :groupray:

Back