daniel2macarius

Beloved - you wrote that in this life we are not better off knowing Christ. The following scripture would support your view.

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

But Christ came to give us abundant life. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

Luke 18:29-30 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, 30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting. "

My personal experience and belief is that I have been much better off having known God in this life. Maybe Paul had it rough and could say what he did (see 2 Cor 11:25). Even if there were no afterlife, I would still prefer having God as my God, than not.

Folks in the OT used to have a relationship with God which focused only on this life - with very little talk of the afterlife.

I don't think I am alone in saying that God improves this life. What do others say?

Thanks for the comment Violet.

Beloved - you wrote that in this life we are not better off knowing Christ. The following scripture would support your view.

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

But Christ came to give us abundant life. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

Luke 18:29-30 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, 30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting. "

My personal experience and belief is that I have been much better off having known God in this life. Maybe Paul had it rough and could say what he did (see 2 Cor 11:25). Even if there were no afterlife, I would still prefer having God as my God, than not.

Folks in the OT used to have a relationship with God which focused only on this life - with very little talk of the afterlife.

I don't think I am alone in saying that God improves this life. What do others say?

Thanks for the comment Violet.

Hello, I think you mis-understood..but I like your post anyway...:D

Doesn't sound like you went to the web-site... ? We should not be bringing people into His Kingdom under the pretense that they will have an improved life because in many countries around the world there is severe persecution unto slavery, torture and death, for those who convert.

To others... basic freedoms are lost within their culture...

Here in the USA,you may loose your family, friends and maybe a job...

I believe in all the verses you quoted... Thank You for your point of view... Yes I believe in my Fathers word...

Remember all but 1 of the Apostles were murdered, there were a great multitute of early Christians tortured and murdered...

The Bible references above I believe refer basically to spiritual things... May I not forget our adversary who delights in tormenting Christians any possible way... Physically, economically, mentally...

I have been blessed coming from a mom and me household, my Father has given me through His Church holy fathers and mothers, sisters and brothers, and has replendished many things that I did not have as a child... For almost nothing He gave us through an inheritence 45 acres of land we had fallen in love with years ago... So I know of His Grace, Mercy, Forgiveness and Treasures... Hope I have made myself clear...As a new christian I had many many struggles... the abundant life came through the Spirit, as more and more of my Fathers love was revealed to me...

Sorry, this post is so long

salvation is being saved from the evil spirit,we will go to a place where God is with us,hence all is good and done in the right way with love and hapiness.:)

Hello, I think you mis-understood..but I like your post anyway...:D

I have been blessed coming from a mom and me household, my Father has given me through His Church holy fathers and mothers, sisters and brothers, and has replendished many things that I did not have as a child... For almost nothing He gave us through an inheritence 45 acres of land we had fallen in love with years ago... So I know of His Grace, Mercy, Forgiveness and Treasures... Hope I have made myself clear...As a new christian I had many many struggles... the abundant life came through the Spirit, as more and more of my Fathers love was revealed to me...

Sorry, this post is so long

Beloved - it seems your experience was similar to mine. Many years of struggle in the beginning. Looking back, I have to attribute much to my own stupidity and lack of correct Biblical understanding. Only when I got certain "truths" right, could God bless me. And has, just as you describe.

It would be difficult to tell someone coming to Christ how God would or would not bless them in the immediate few years after conversion. It will go well in the end. And we have the assurance of help along the way. That is probably my favorite part of being a Christian - knowing help is just one "Help!!" away.

It is always fascinating to see on TV, folks recount stories (like I saw yesterday) of how, as they are about to be killed - they cry out and God helps. These folks I saw yesterday on TV, were spared from a tornado/twister while all around them - the trailer park was wasted. And they had cried out to God. I have had similar happen to me - often enough to know God is for real.

Thanks for the comment. No post is ever to long. If someone has gone to all the trouble to type a post, it is far less trouble for me to read it. :)

Howdy :D Wingnut,

We are on the same page...:dance::amen::D

When we lived in a TRAVEL trailer,( not a mobile home )
in Illinois several tornadoes pass through that town in a week...

One of them hurled town on this campground and trailer park we were lived...

The mobile home right behind was flattened like a soda can...The mobile home in front of us fell over... Our travel travel in between these never even shaked or nothing...

Our mouths just fell opened when we saw the divestations all around us...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back