Daniel 9

Subscribing to this one. I'd love to be convinced of a rapture. I couldn't find any scripture that really supports it, but I could be wrong. A rapture would be cool. Plus can you imagine what it would be like in the world after all Christians are gone? It'd basically be the whole world against Israel.

Actually there are 11 Raptures in the Scriptures... here's the list: http://abdicate.net/blog/?p=326

Sorry - I don't agree that Moses was raptured and what sense that his flesh be raptured? I'm not gonna argue about Enoch or Elijah. Christ said end times would be like the time of Noah - no one was raptured there. Your verses do not convince me either. Don't mistake me - I want a pre-trib rapture but there are no verses to convince.

Sorry - I don't agree that Moses was raptured and what sense that his flesh be raptured? I'm not gonna argue about Enoch or Elijah. Christ said end times would be like the time of Noah - no one was raptured there. Your verses do not convince me either. Don't mistake me - I want a pre-trib rapture but there are no verses to convince.

His body was taken supernaturally, albeit he was dead. All we're talking about is displacement of the body, as is the case in all 11 raptures.

If I ever have twin sons, I think I'll name them Enoch and Elijah.
Ya, and your kids don't vote Dad of the year once they get to Grade school.

His body was taken supernaturally, albeit he was dead. All we're talking about is displacement of the body, as is the case in all 11 raptures.

I have heard some far out things as to why Satan wanted to fight over Moses Body. There are several Raptures though and being raised from the dead.

I am glad this is not over run with confused Post tribbers, worse yet, Preterist.

Nice Blog BTW.

Blessings.

Ah, never mind. I know why now. I should have seen it, but it's why we need the Holy Spirit. Praise God.

Ya, and your kids don't vote Dad of the year once they get to Grade school.

I have heard some far out things as to why Satan wanted to fight over Moses Body. There are several Raptures though and being raised from the dead.

I am glad this is not over run with confused Post tribbers, worse yet, Preterist.

Nice Blog BTW.

Blessings.

Ah, never mind. I know why now. I should have seen it, but it's why we need the Holy Spirit. Praise God.

Thanks. What does your last sentence mean?

I have no doubts that we will be caught up and that Jesus will come in the clouds... It's the when and in relation to the tribulation and millenium I question. But yes, it is quite clear that it will happen. Which is fantastic!!

And I don't think you are being argumentative; in very appreciative if all this info. Thank you to you and everyone else contributing to this thread. I love it!! Daniel is my favorite OT book.

Daniel is so precise in his prophecy that there is an argument in Christianity that he had to have written his book AFTER the events.

Without an understanding of Daniel, it is impossible to grasp the Revelation.

Subscribing to this one. I'd love to be convinced of a rapture. I couldn't find any scripture that really supports it, but I could be wrong. A rapture would be cool. Plus can you imagine what it would be like in the world after all Christians are gone? It'd basically be the whole world against Israel.

We can certainly talk about this if you like. There many, many Scriptures concerning the Rapture.

One thing to consider is that beginning in Genesis, God gives us information in "portions". He does that so we can understand better as our knowledge grows so that everything "fits" together without any forcing or work. It is because it is.

Matthew 20:16
"So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen".

Matthew 22:29
"Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God".

Matthew 25:36
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only".

Matthew 24:42
"Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming."

Matthew 25:1-13
“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’
13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming".

Mark 10:29-31
"So Jesus answered and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, 30 who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time—houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Mark 13:32-33
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. "

Mark 13:34-37
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is."

The list is getting too long but just in the first two book of the New Test. we can see the verses that allude to or reference the event.

The number of days is 176,429, which is exactly 483 years 13 days from Daniel's prophecy that Jesus died.

We are on the same page but I think you used 365 days in a year and I used the Jewish calculation of 360 days in a year.

The time span from Artaxerxes' decree to rebuild Jerusalem in Nehemiah 2:1-8 was in the 9th month Nisan, 444 BC.
Daniel calculated with prophetical years and not solar years so that is where I got the 360 days. using those numbers, the time from March 444 BC to the crucifixion of Christ (Messiah) in April 33 AD covered 483 years or 173,880 prophetical days.

What this means is that Daniel predicted 483 years from the start of rebuilding Jerusalem to the crucifixion(Cut off) of the Messiah
and he was 100% correct to the very year.

I have heard that these numbers add up all the way to Jesus crucifixion and resurrection

OK.........Shall we go on to Daniel 9:3-4??????

If you do not want to continue, please send a note so we can stop. It does not matter one way or the other to me. If you would rather focus on a verse it matters not. You had said "a study of Daniel" originally so that is what I was doing.

Daniel 9:3-4 (NKJV)
"Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. 4 And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments,"

The reason for starting in the first verse is for proper context.

Because Daniel has realized that the time of punishment was about to come to an end for his people in Babylon, he sought out God by prayer and supplications. He did what we all should do when talking with God and that is to confess our own sin because we are all sinners. Saved Yes....sinners still.

He begged God to have mercy in allowing the people to return. Daniel's prayer started with how great God is and praising His attributes. This exactly what we should do as believers in God. Daniel's prayer is a perfect model for us to us.

We are on the same page but I think you used 365 days in a year and I used the Jewish calculation of 360 days in a year.

The time span from Artaxerxes' decree to rebuild Jerusalem in Nehemiah 2:1-8 was in the 9th month Nisan, 444 BC.
Daniel calculated with prophetical years and not solar years so that is where I got the 360 days. using those numbers, the time from March 444 BC to the crucifixion of Christ (Messiah) in April 33 AD covered 483 years or 173,880 prophetical days.

What this means is that Daniel predicted 483 years from the start of rebuilding Jerusalem to the crucifixion(Cut off) of the Messiah
and he was 100% correct to the very year.

The day count is based the Serial Day Number which is calendar agnostic. But it's integrated into the Jewish calendar and the 483 years ends in 27 AD because the command to rebuild the city not the temple. So our start times are different.

Xerxes' 21st year - Creation Year: 3513
Creation Year: 3513
Jewish Year: 3297
Western Year: 464 BC

Xerxes' 21st year of reign according to archeologists, Artaxerxes' accession year.
Artaxerxes accession - Creation Year: 3513
Creation Year: 3514
Jewish Year: 3298
Western Year: 463 BC

Artaxerxes ruled 39 years (~463 BC - ~425 BC)
Artaxerxes king of Babylon - Creation Year: 3514

Artaxerxes' order... - Creation Year: 3520
Creation Year: 3520
Jewish Year: 3304
Western Year: 457 BC

In 483 years and 13 days, Jesus is "cut off" (Daniel 9:26) in the Jewish year 3787.

**From here one we'll count the years to Christ's "cut off", His death.

Order given to Ezra to rebuild the city and establish a government (which is different than that of Cyrus which was to rebuild the temple), this is the year of the fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy and the start of that same prophecy concerning the Messiah, Daniel 9:25-27.

This happened 1 Nisan 3304 (Mar 26, 457 BC)

Nehemiah is free to go... - CY 3533
Creation Year: 3533 Western Year: 444 BC

Nehemiah is free to go back to Jerusalem to continue the rebuilding of the city and government.
Nehemiah 2:1 “And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence.”
Nehemiah 5:14 “Moreover from the time that I was appointed to be their governor in the land of Judah, from the twentieth year even unto the two and thirtieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that is, twelve years, I and my brethren have not eaten the bread of the governor.”

Finally, for those that say that Ezra and Nehemiah's time was the same, I remind them of Nehemiah 13:6 when it shows that Nehemiah had returned to Persia, nothing says that he didn't do this several times. Therefore, he could have gone with Ezra the first time, and returned. We don't know, but since he was the King's cup bearer, it may have been a condition of the continued work that Ezra was doing. Finally, if you were to count this year as Daniel's prophecy fulfillment, Jesus would have died then in 40 AD! Never does scripture hint at a 30-34AD death of Jesus.

Nehemiah asks to go... - CY 3545
Creation Year: 3545 Western Year: 432 BC

Nehemiah asks to take leave of the king,
Nehemiah 13:6 “But in all this time was not I at Jerusalem: for in the two and thirtieth year of Artaxerxes king of Babylon came I unto the king, and after certain days obtained I leave of the king:”

No more words from God until the Word comes in the flesh.

Last edited:
Thanks. What does your last sentence mean?
Just the Reason Why Satan fought about Moses Body. In the past I have read about Satan wanting a body for Dna, or Satan wanting to possess the body because God's power was in it.

I know now, like duhhh.

The day count is based the Serial Day Number which is calendar agnostic. But it's integrated into the Jewish calendar and the 483 years ends in 27 AD because the command to rebuild the city not the temple. So our start times are different.

Xerxes' 21st year - Creation Year: 3513
Creation Year: 3513
Jewish Year: 3297
Western Year: 464 BC

Xerxes' 21st year of reign according to archeologists, Artaxerxes' accession year.
Artaxerxes accession - Creation Year: 3513

Artaxerxes king of Babylon - Creation Year: 3514

Artaxerxes' order... - Creation Year: 3520
Creation Year: 3520
Jewish Year: 3304
Western Year: 457 BC

In 483 years and 13 days, Jesus is "cut off" (Daniel 9:26) in the Jewish year 3787.

**From here one we'll count the years to Christ's "cut off", His death.

Order given to Ezra to rebuild the city and establish a government (which is different than that of Cyrus which was to rebuild the temple), this is the year of the fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy and the start of that same prophecy concerning the Messiah, Daniel 9:25-27.

This happened 1 Nisan 3304 (Mar 26, 457 BC)

I understand completely. There are at least four decrees mentioned in Scriptures and have been used as the starting point.

From what I have been able to learn over the years is that the one in Neh. 2 was the only one that "specifically" concerned the rebuilding of Jerusalem.

Cyrus's decree for rebuilding the temple. Darius's decree simply confirmed the intent of Cyrus's decree. Artaxerxes decree to Ezra was only focused on the return of additional people to work on the temple. Only Artaxerxes's decree to Nehemiah refers directly to working in the city.

I think we are saying the same thing, so no problem.......Daniel was really blessed by God.

I understand completely. There are at least four decrees mentioned in Scriptures and have been used as the starting point.

From what I have been able to learn over the years is that the one in Neh. 2 was the only one that "specifically" concerned the rebuilding of Jerusalem.

Cyrus's decree for rebuilding the temple. Darius's decree simply confirmed the intent of Cyrus's decree. Artaxerxes decree to Ezra was only focused on the return of additional people to work on the temple. Only Artaxerxes's decree to Nehemiah refers directly to working in the city.

I think we are saying the same thing, so no problem.......Daniel was really blessed by God.

Exactly and Ezra left before Nehemiah because he was the king's cup barer. See Neh 13:6 where he said he couldn't go right away.

Exactly and Ezra left before Nehemiah because he was the king's cup barer. See Neh 13:6 where he said he couldn't go right away.

Many scholars have pointed out that in the 36th year of Artaxeres, Nehemiah returned to Babylon to make a report on what had happened. That was after he had been there 12 years. Now how long he stayed at Babylon is not known for sure, but we do know that he went back to Jerusalem according to the verses 7-9 where he threw out all of Tobiah's belongings.

Yep... so the question is, do you count the time Ezra left or Nehmiah? Since Daniel says the decree, I went with Ezra as he left first with a small group of people.

Silk.........the lesson is in the way of a "Picture". A "Type" or an example.

The times of Noah was used by Christ as an example of the way people were living in sin.

The Ark is a PICTURE of the Rapture in that all who had faith in what God said were saved. He told Noah what to do, how to do it and to wait for it to come. When Methuselah died, in the same year the flood came. The point is that the Ark is a TYPE of the Rapture.
Those today who are IN Christ (Ark) will be removed before the flood of judgment comes upon a dis-believing world of sinners.

WHY?????

1 Thess. 5:9
"For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ."

Yep... so the question is, do you count the time Ezra left or Nehmiah? Since Daniel says the decree, I went with Ezra as he left first with a small group of people.

I am just not smart enough to know brother. Honestly. I read what others have investigated and try to make an informed decision because in the long run it still comes out to 483 years or 173,880 days so there is no concern from me.

I am just not smart enough to know brother. Honestly. I read what others have investigated and try to make an informed decision because in the long run it still comes out to 483 years or 173,880 days so there is no concern from me.

Me too... which is why I had to build the calendar app on my site so I could put in a date, then let it subtract or add the claimed days of 173,880 to see where it comes up. Grant Jefferies is why I started my study. He claimed a specific number of days to the date Israel became a nation was exactly XXX number of days. I refuted his number and he changed it in the next printing of his book, and still got it wrong. I really don't let anyone do my own homework. The only thing I've accepted was CyberSky because I haven't a clue how to track the stars over thousands of years :) But I know they're not 100% correct because they do not have Hezekiah's 10 degree back or Joshua's long day, even though it's mentioned in worldwide lore. Such as it is :)

Back