Daily Cleansing

Dusty

Inactive
Daily Cleansing

By Charles Haddon Spurgeon

John 13:5

5After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

The Lord Jesus loves His people so much, that every day he is still doing for them much that is anlogues to washing their soiled feet. Their poorest actions he accepts , their deepest sorrow he feels, their slenderest wish he hears , and their every transgression he forgives . He is still their servant as well as the Friend and Master ...... Humbly , patiently , he yet goes about among his people with the basin and the towel . He does this when he puts away from us day by day our constant infirmities and sins..... It is a great act of eternal love when Christ once for all absolves the sinner , and puts him into the family of God ; but what condescending patience there is when the Saviour with much long - suffering bears the oft recurring follies of his wayward disciples ; day by day and hour by hour , washing way the multiplied transgressions of his erring but yet beloved child .... While we find comfort and peace in our Lord's daily cleansing its legitimate influence upon us will be to increase our watchfulness , and quicken our desire for holiness . Is it so ?

By Charles Haddon Spurgeon

John 13:5

5After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

The Lord Jesus loves His people so much, that every day he is still doing for them much that is anlogues to washing their soiled feet. Their poorest actions he accepts , their deepest sorrow he feels, their slenderest wish he hears , and their every transgression he forgives . He is still their servant as well as the Friend and Master ...... Humbly , patiently , he yet goes about among his people with the basin and the towel . He does this when he puts away from us day by day our constant infirmities and sins..... It is a great act of eternal love when Christ once for all absolves the sinner , and puts him into the family of God ; but what condescending patience there is when the Saviour with much long - suffering bears the oft recurring follies of his wayward disciples ; day by day and hour by hour , washing way the multiplied transgressions of his erring but yet beloved child .... While we find comfort and peace in our Lord's daily cleansing its legitimate influence upon us will be to increase our watchfulness , and quicken our desire for holiness . Is it so ?

I just got finished studying about this Dusty.

What is so impressive about the Lord getting down on his knees and washing the disciples, he was doing that knowing that they would betray Him before all was said and done. One in particular would betray him badly. It doesn't say anywhere that I can find that the Lord washed all of the disciples feet except one, so even though he knew that one of them not a loyal follower, he still washed his feet.

It just goes to show, that no matter what we do, he will wash away our sins. He is so merciful.

He does this on a daily basis, never tiring of washing the sins away. Never turning anyone that asks away.

Oh how I long to be as merciful and good as our Lord and Savior. I too want to be tireless in my love and forgiveness of others.

Blessings, Cheri

Yes, it is so. We should always be aware of the presence of our Father in our lives. We cannot hide from God. He is everywhere. Once we retrain our thought to know that God is there with us and watching us whether we feel it or not, maybe we would think about some of the things we say and do knowing that the God is right there watching and listening.

Thanks Dusty, I like this.

Godbe4me

Back