Creation Has The Same Order As Scientific Theories Of Evolution

Is there such a thing as an atheist who does not believe in evolution?
I wouldn't think so. They have to have some explanation for why they are here and evolution fits. But just because all atheists believe something doesn't mean it's automatically false.

<<SNIP>>
I've never understood how evolution can equal no Adam and Eve. There were obviously the first humans at some point. But like I said, I'm not really a believer in evolution at the moment.
I used to have the exact same thought...well similar anyway.
I used to think that Adam and Eve were simply the first 'monkeys' that could commune with God and be aware of the wider world.
But the more I pondered the matter, the more untenable it became.
What the high priests of evolution were preaching was that there would necessarily be a whole (demographic?) group of monkeys that changed at the same time. Oops there goes Adam and Eve as a unique couple, they just get lost in the crowd.
So I finished up with the understanding that we are and always have been unique.
Another impediment to my embracing theistic Evolution was/is the idea that our ancestors were rather dim witted people closer to dumb animals than are we sophisticates.
For all our sophistication, technological,literary, medical etc. all we have done is just built up on the solid foundations of those that have gone before us. By way of example, thinking up the idea of a wheel for the very first time ever, is much more impressive than fashioning a large rubber band to fit around a wheel to smooth out the bumps.
So, for me, theistic evolution just doesn't work...but as long as Christ is honored in our lives the rest is just interesting conjecture.

I used to have the exact same thought...well similar anyway.
I used to think that Adam and Eve were simply the first 'monkeys' that could commune with God and be aware of the wider world.
But the more I pondered the matter, the more untenable it became.
What the high priests of evolution were preaching was that there would necessarily be a whole (demographic?) group of monkeys that changed at the same time. Oops there goes Adam and Eve as a unique couple, they just get lost in the crowd.
So I finished up with the understanding that we are and always have been unique.
Another impediment to my embracing theistic Evolution was/is the idea that our ancestors were rather dim witted people closer to dumb animals than are we sophisticates.
For all our sophistication, technological,literary, medical etc. all we have done is just built up on the solid foundations of those that have gone before us. By way of example, thinking up the idea of a wheel for the very first time ever, is much more impressive than fashioning a large rubber band to fit around a wheel to smooth out the bumps.
So, for me, theistic evolution just doesn't work...but as long as Christ is honored in our lives the rest is just interesting conjecture.

That's why I would believe that humans were a unique creation if I believed in evolution. Because God made us in His image (Gen 1:26).
You're talking about Neanderthals? Those were around but went extinct. They weren't human.

Back