Cranberry/Coconut cake

Cranberry/Coconut cake

This delicious cake is one of my favorites its easy has lots of good stuff in it and it keeps nice and moist in an airtight container for at least two weeks..it also freezers very well too.

Ingredients

175g Cranberry sauce (not the jelly)
225g self raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
225g soft brown sugar
50g desiccated coconut
75g grated carrot
2 eggs beaten
150ml vegetable oil
vegetable oil for greasing.

Topping
1 tablespoon apricot jam
2 or 3 Tablespoons desiccated coconut ( I toasted mine a little)

Directions

Grease a deep 18cm/ 7inch round cake tin. Line the tin with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
Heat the oven to 180c/350f/gas4

Sift the flour , bicarb of soda and cinnamon. Add all the other ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon for about two or three minuites until well blended. Turn into prepeared cake tin and bake for appox 1 hour ovens differ so check after about 3/4 of an hour.
Leave the cake to cool for about 5 mins before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Spread the top with the jam and sprinkle over the coconut.

Yum .... that looks good and I love coconut
And is homemade cranberry sauce ok ? I don't like those other ones . I buy the fresh cranberreis and make my own .

Yum .... that looks good and I love coconut
And is homemade cranberry sauce ok ? I don't like those other ones . I buy the fresh cranberreis and make my own .

Dusty homemade would be great just be sure its not the "jelly" like consistancy and the cranberries are'nt totally mushed up. By the way this cake is better the next day.

Back