Covet Not

Mt. 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mk. 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
A simplified perspective:
There are two modes of living:
1. The businessman or entrepreneur. He is the one who understands the business of making profit.
2. The blue collar worker who is primarily concerned about living day to day.
Scripture tells us that we need to be able to divorce ourselves for the nature of earthly living and focus on the spiritual element. How much easier is it for the 'have nots' than for the affluent. For the former have limited investments in this life cycle, and less to lose.
Not to speak against gifts, for we are to employ them to the best of our ability. But the danger is: do we have the gifts or do the gifts have us?
Due to our fallen nature the latter is the default.
A good one for me:

Mt. 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Mk. 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
A simplified perspective:
There are two modes of living:
1. The businessman or entrepreneur. He is the one who understands the business of making profit.
2. The blue collar worker who is primarily concerned about living day to day.
Scripture tells us that we need to be able to divorce ourselves for the nature of earthly living and focus on the spiritual element. How much easier is it for the 'have nots' than for the affluent. For the former have limited investments in this life cycle, and less to lose.
Not to speak against gifts, for we are to employ them to the best of our ability. But the danger is: do we have the gifts or do the gifts have us?
Due to our fallen nature the latter is the default.
A good one for me:
Coveting is included in the list of sins because it reflects an attitude of discontentment and ungratefulness, both of which are displeasing to God.

Back