1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Could We Add This To Current Forum Rules?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by 福井舞, Jul 29, 2014.

1. 1 If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button

basically two wrongs don't make a right, both parties will be hold accountable for unacceptable behaviours.

2 Don't insult a group that a particular group a member belongs to, be it race, gender, nationality, sexuality, political affiliation so on and so forth.

because given our currently forum rules, members could by pass the not attacking other member's rule by resort to insulting the group that the member is part of.
    Huntingteckel likes this.
  2. I think rules 2 and 3 apply, but I've pointed out your request to the moderators.
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  3. #3 Huntingteckel, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    You shouldn't be insulting anyone, Barnabas, but you seem to be having issues with this. I wouldn't insult your denomination because it isn't nice so you should do the same. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

I agree that we should add that rule. I've seen many people do what the OP is talking about just to get a rise out of people they know belong to a specific group.
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  4. This one is a tough one for me. I prefer to fight my own battles and not call upon the leaders to do it for me. I have had time to think about this, however, and I understand why this may be needed. (I guess...:)) I can see where dropping back and letting the leaders take care of things might lead to more peace -- or more apparent peace. I would feel like I was harassing the leaders, calling them to fight my little battles....
  5. #5 PeaceLikeaRiver, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Does it really require pointing out that your beliefs might be as offensive to others as theirs are to you? Why always the name calling?
  6. I can agree with not name calling anyone, but 1 Timothy 4:1-2 does specify that some shall depart from faith & give heed to seducing spirits & doctrines of devils and 2 Timothy 2:24-26 does teach to correct those that are in the snare of the devil in the spirit of meekness; but the offense of the cross would cease if believers do not discern & thus not reprove by the scripture what is not of Him and thus is of the devil. You cannot correct anyone without offending them that they are in the snares of the devil.

If they refer to practises or a teaching to be reproved by scripture, those that correct will get a rise out of people, but that is not the same as insulting a poster directly by name calling or worse, judging that errant believer as not saved or not a christian.

Makes me wonder if Garrett was thinking about these two scriptural references.

Matthew 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? 13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Luke 9:60Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

But... Jesus did say this and so we need His guidance as to when to preach and when not to.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

So as Jesus taught about reaching those astray, so will He do in recovering His lost sheep even if they do get left behind from the pretribulational rapture event for He will lose none of all the Father has given Him. John 6:39-40

If He lets one know that he or she is arguing and no longer doing it in the spirit of meekness since it is on God to cause the increase and not on us to convince anyone, then He is letting them know it is time to withdraw in letting go in God's hands.
  7. You're for rule that is that we can't be critical of homosexuality, fascism, cults etc.?

Treat others as you'd like to be treated? Apparently, the first poster would like to be censored.
  8. Of course we should be lovingly correcting those that are incorrect, but that becomes and issue when everyone thinks they are correct. I think that should be left to elders in the church rather than some random Christian who's never even read through the Bible completely. I'm not saying anyone here hasn't read the Bible but I know some people in person that haven't and are more than happy to correct others on what the Bible says.

I doubt Garrett was thinking anything about the Bible since I don't think it exists in his universe.

The OP was talking about insulting groups of people. It has nothing to do with being "critical" and it has everything to do with being respectful. Some people, like yourself, seem to be unable to be critical and respectful at the same time.
    PeaceLikeaRiver likes this.
  9. I'm wondering why you need to be critical of anyone. Can't you leave the judging up to God?
  10. Well, yeah, if the correction is to be done in church, it would be preferable to be done by an elder, but I do not see Jesus letting any believer off when someone does know better when they catch a brother in a trespass. I am not talking about a slip of the tongue and the guy catches himself, then there is no need to give him pause, but like when a believer is bragging about some one night stand, then the brother that caught him in the trespass, should correct him about the need to repent from fornication. If he does not listen, then one should grab two or three witnesses ( preferably elders ) to confirm the Biblical correction, and if the trespasser still does not listen, the whole congregation gets in on it to show the severity of the sin of fornication and the need to repent; and if still unrepentive: excommunicated until he sees that the need for repentance is for real and looks to the author & finisher of his faith for help to repent and when he has, he is allowed back in, never to brag about that one night stand again.

Now when it comes to believers not of the congregation, the Lord will lead us when and where to correct the trespassing brother privately by the scripture, hoping he will hear Him to repent. Not sure what he can do if he refuses to repent other than to withdraw from fellowshipping with him and if at all possible, not to eat with him till he does. It may be impossible if it is a family member and the head of the family is giving a grace period like God was giving to the church at Thyatira to repent of their fornication or else risk being cast into the great trbulation when the Bridegroom comes.

Matthew 18:11-17 & 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7,14-15 for scriptural guidelines on when to withdraw to admonish the unrepenatnt brother.

I did not know that. I do not know of Garrett, but his saying does make me think of those scriptural references.
  11. I have no issue with this. I've just seen many believers insult others and say they are incorrect over beliefs that are non essential to salvation, which we shouldn't be doing. I don't think I should be insulted because I believe in conditional immortality because I see a strong biblical case for it, yet every time it's brought up there are insults thrown towards me and others who believe like me.
    PeaceLikeaRiver likes this.
  12. I don't recall saying we should not be allowed to state homosexuality is a sin.

that is addressing the issue.

but if you want to start referring an homosexual ( which I am btw) using personal derogatory remarks, then that is not OK.

no where in the scripture says it is ok to be nasty and personal towards unbelievers ( which I am not)
    Huntingteckel and PeaceLikeaRiver say Amen and like this.
  13. I disagree.

sure, we can all fire back at each other, and create a forum that is meant to be survival of fittest.

but is that the Christian way?
  14. cheers

after reading Barnabas post, I would really appreciate it if you guys would serious consider it to make it more specific.

thank you.
  15. Feel free to leave a link to that thread, but I should let it be known that I do not believe in conditional immortality when eventually, death, sin, hades, and all that is evil will be dealt with by being thrown in the lake of fire which is the second death as anything thrown in it is never coming out of it; hence the eternal punishment.

But if you are referring to death during the milleniel reign of Christ, I can understand it if that is where you are having this view from, but there is more involved with that there than what you may be perceiving those verses as saying.

If you are referring to Revelations 3:5 ; this is where John 6:39 & Psalm 89:26-37 comes in about the New Covenant and this link where the Greek text from which the word "not" came from is a double negative, meaning Jesus is giving a promise that He would never take any one's name out of the Book of Life.

If you are referring to Revelation 22:19 about those that take away words from the book of Revelation, it is his "part", not his "name" but his "part" that is taken out of the Book of Life which is referring to his place in the city of God aka New Jerusalem which comes down from Heaven with her rapturd saints. That means he will be left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event to face the coming great tribulation.

At any rate.... we are to leave the ministry in God's hands and not resort to insults, because....

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Galatians 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you. 13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
  16. We can talk about this in another thread if you like. I was just using that as an example.
  17. Do you have a thread on this already to provide a link?
  18. There isn't really a gag order but the topic has been done to death and they always get locked.