Contridictions in the Bible

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by Beloved, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Christ used the little child in that verse as an example about exaltation and humbleness, we must humble ourselves to be exalt. We can not enter the kingdom of heaven unless we humble ourselves like those little ones. If anyone misleads and stumbles the humble by their exaltation they would be better of being thrown into the sea with concrete boots then being born.
    Christ used many examples: As who wants to be the greatest must be the least (their servant) or when He washed His disciples feet at the last supper He said "do you know what I just done"? By Humbling yourself you are exalted this is the Law of heaven.

brother in Christ

rodger

2. Perfect.

Now, H4C, before we move on, can you answer my 2 questions first? I really don't want to leave these things hanging.

1. Those who read Moses, in the time of Christ, they are familiar w/ the language used in the Torah correct? They knew the meaning of the words don't they? Were they able to learn the passages?

2. So from Mark 9:39-44 Christ was talking about adults, but on that particular verse, Christ was suddenly talking about children?

3. Thanks

But according to the verse would they understand it even if they knew how to read it?

But your initial basis for your initial post was that the context is about children. That's why you quoted to me the context in Matthew. Why would it be different in Mark if I say it's not in the context of Mark?

4. I don't know why you are trying to take things negatively from me my friend.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

The bible says prove all things. Why do you have to use terms like "trap" on me? My questions are valid. My purpose is to prove a point. If I hurt your pride or something, I'm sorry. If you don't want to answer questons anymore, that's fine. I can't force you.

No worries about that.

God bless you H4C. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

5. Guys, I can't see you ever agreeing. You each have your view, and I'd humbly suggest you let it go. I know that can be hard, but it also can be done! It's becoming rather emotive, and is time to agree to disagree.

I see argumentations as a basic waste of time and energy. Each trying to prove to the other guy that you're right. T Man said it well:

If you must keep going then exercise (agape) Love by loving the other person more than you love yourself. A big ask, sure! But do this successfully and what HE is saying will become more important to you than what YOU are saying!! LISTENING!!! (That's true love. It should NEVER become a "competition" to see who can "win". NEVER!!)

You can swap thoughts and so on, but MUST take careful note of what the other person says. Once you've both done that - and IMO you have - then it's time to give each other a big Christian hug, and part on good terms - so as to: LET LOVE RULE!!!

Love and blessings to you both!

- BM

6. I think that one of the worst things I'm observing here on the forum is where two (or more) Christians are presenting their views on Scripture or whatever, but EACH IS NOT LISTENING TO THE OTHER - too busy getting YOUR point across.

Do you think that unbelievers reading such could consider it as plain rudeness, as well as unthoughtful and unloving? (Oh yes, they KNOW we're supposd to be LOVING!!) Makes me really, really sad, truly...

- BM

7. H4C is right Bondmond. Even in the first Century Christian Church, Paul disputed w/ Peter.

Irritation is understandable. And I think if you have read our last 2 posts, you would see that we have already agreed to disagree :smiley90: And thank God for that.

8. Happens to me all the time.
    The Lord be praised.

Perfect. Just like yesterday, I'll answer you later. Still need to do couple of things at work :smiley90:

God bless you H4C!!!

9. Very detailed answer my friend, and I thank you for that. Now having those concepts in mind, I want you look at this verse:

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Looks familiar right? That's the same in Matthew and the same words used in Mark. You say Christ was saying that referring to a child. But what is curious is that, that verse I've quoted is Luke 17:2. Here's verse one:

Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

Here's verse 3:

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Now if you don't want to discuss this anymore, I'll stop and just won't talk about it anymore. But if you do want to continue that's great because I still would like my question about people reading Moses at the time of Christ to be answered.

Have a nice day!

10. Then we'll see the bigger picture.

Not necessarily. We might have learned something new in Luke by then.

It's settled then. I'll stop because we can't agree.

God bless everyone here.

11. There aren't any contradictions in the Bible because the Lord would not contradict Himself. When it seems there is, then we have not rightly divided the Word of God. We may not be understanding or interpreting it correctly. We need to use the Bible to interpret the Bible, considering all Old and New Testaments verses that pertain to that particular subject. Another reason is many times the translation may not be real clear is sometimes there is a choice as to what word to use and one may have been better than the other, just like we look in a dictionary and there are several words we could use. Also in interpreting scripture, it will not be contrary to God's character and nature, which some disagree on.

12. Actually, if you read to John 20:15 you'll see it's the same story . ;) .

when you read 10 verses in one account and only two in another .. it's a dead giveaway the context will explain what is unclear .

13. I've been guilty of this. When you read the scriptures at face value, yeah, they do sound like they contradict themselves .That is why it's SO important that you have a CONCORDANCE and even a Bible Dictionary to STUDY the word. Look up the meanings of certain words.