1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Contridictions in the Bible

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by Beloved, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Contridictions in the Bible

Hi everyone!

I do not know of any contridictions in the Bible however I often have people tell me there are but cannot quote any.

My mother-in law in the latest.
  2. Beloved - as someone who studies and teaches God's Word from the original Hebrew, Aramaic and 'street' Greek scriptural languages, I can tell you that there are no contradictions in God's original manuscripts. But there are some translation mistakes made by man and even some deliberate manipulations of Scripture by non-Christian publishers. Persons can also take verses out of context when they do not pick up the subject properly in a chapter and only quote a single verse when it does not apply to what they are comparing it to elsewhere.

That is why I always recommend to use two good study references together - The Authorized King James Version Bible of 1611 and a Strong's Complete Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible (with a pre-1991 publishing date), so you can check up on things for yourself. Blessings to you in your studies.

3. Yes there are contradictions in the Bible:

All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge
    Pro 8:8-9

To those who dont want to find knowledge and don't want to understand, the bible is full of contradictions.

But those who wants to seek for the wisdom and knowledge of God, the Bible is clear, plain and no contradictions at all.
  4. Excellent answers all of which I agree with.

Thank You everyone ... Excellent answers all of which I agree with. Much love to you all in Christ.
  5. In the beginning was the Word,and the Word was with God,and the Word was God. John 1:1

There's no contradictions of the Bible because it's perfect,and we're em perfect...

The problem is 'us...'

Sooo many people want to take a scripture out of the Bible,and quote what they believe the scripture is saying.

You have to look at the book you are reading, look who the author is, who the book is writing to,and the date of writing before you can even start to understand the Bible scripture.

You need to pray to the Lord to reveal His Word to you...

No, God's Word is perfect just like Christ...

He's the Word....
  6. "14But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? "

Hey my brother in the Lord, you are right about what you said. The people who use that scripture to deny the perfect Holiness of the Lord are seekers of their own good, who even deny the Lord who bought them.
    Quite clearly verse 14 put their mouth to shame by speaking those things of the Holy One of Israel whom some blasphemed Him and say He wrought miracles by the spirit of the devil, some said He had a demon. Indeed even in these days people will say many things to deny His Godhead and even try to use scripture.

I just want to say John the Baptist declared the Lord sinless in that scripture and I don't how a man who has the Spirit of God does not see that (I am not refering to you my Brother). Here in verse 14, the Baptiser, John, called by God to preach repetance to prepare the way of the Lord of Glory who baptize by fire and by the Holy Spirit. Was baptizing people who were repenting of their sins. Now suddenly comes a Man, a Man different from any other man, for He is from above not beneath. He suddenly stopped to baptise and seem to say in those words "Why do I need to baptize thee, for thou need no repetance infact it should be me who is baptise by Thee, for I am like these people too, I am a sinner who needs repentance"

This statement of John cleally show that the Lord Jesus needed no repetance, He was and is the complete fulfilment of the Law, the pleaser of the Father, thus the Voise from Heaven declared "This is my Beloved Son whom I am well pleased"
  7. I know the LORD would not contradict himself, many times people simply do not understand the meaning of a passage in the Word and take it out of context, sometimes twisting scriptures into ways it was never meant.
    Unless the bible is read word for word, without being a hit and miss thing, then it can be taken out of context, and i have heard it done many times. if i do not understand something i have read, i will wait on the LORD to give to me understanding, either by another christian or rereading it and then my eyes open and i understand it. The HOLY Spirit gives us understanding about the word.
  8. Good idea my friend. Let us always remember this verse:

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea
    Mat 18:6
  9. With respect my friend, I disagree. We must understand that whenever Christ talks, there is wisdom. And knowing other verses, we would be sure that Christ isn't talking about children because;

For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
    But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil

Heb 5:12-13

To believe or not to believe is not the problem of children. Let us remember he also called little children grown men:

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.
    John 13:33

10. I know where you are coming from :) Let me quote Mark this time for you friend:

But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

For he that is not against us is on our part.

For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
    Mark 9:39-44

Like I said there is wisdom in Christ's words.
  11. Dear beloved,

There are many out there who insist that there are contradictions and errors in Scripture. This is simply not so. Scripture is infallable and inerrant. Is is all inspired by God Himself. Different translations may seem to put a different wording on things which can get people confused. Anyone who claims they've found contradictions or error simply does not know the Word of God. Anyone can grab a piece of scripture out of context and read their own ideas and interpretations into it. It is important that we really know the Word. We need to know to whom its speaking, what its saying and not saying and in context. I pray this helps you.

Pastor Glenn
  12. i look at it like this,we needed to grow,its like me telling my daughter to not go near the plug sockets,then 30yrs later asking her to fix them.God never changes but we do.
    Sandi Davis Stewart likes this.

13. Why was it edited?