Confidence in God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not being unsure...im just saying...god doesn't heal all the time...he didnt heal Paul. I think accepting the fact God is God is faith...i think it takes more faith to go through and praise God than gey what you want all the time. That takes alot of faith.
Hi Autumn,
Let's look at what you first said
(and whether God will do it or not is his business, a matter of his sovereignty)

Now let's look at God's word
Mark 11:22-25
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

So if you will be honest you will see that your quote is opposed to God's word.

You can not have true biblical Faith by believing in your heart and believing it might happen or it might not happen because (and whether God will do it or not is his business, a matter of his sovereignty)

It just simply will Not work in those kind of conditions. Your Faith can not even grow in an environment such as this for it is unsettled and filled with doubt.

Now then look at verse 25. People tend to walk right by this verse but it is in fact something that can keep you from receiving what your faith is going forth to receive.

You say after all Paul was not healed.

Early in Paul's walk he did indeed become very sick but he regained his strength and health and went back to work doing what God Called him to do.

The only other phrase I know of where man comes up with this deal is where Paul asked 3 times and God said His Grace was sufficient for him.

OK nothing was said Paul was sick or did not get healed. ....man however has come up with that deal.

Paul was deeply concerned for the body of Christ. It haunted him day and night. He asked God to take this away from him. God actually told Paul that His Grace was sufficient for him.

Meaning you have my Spirit and Power and God's words just as every born again believer has in them.
You Paul deal with it. You take authority over it.

See God is Not going to do for us what He has already given unto us to do.

Here is a true story. This is but one example or reason why some folks do not get healed.

I want to share something that is just as vital for you to understand when praying for others as receiving your own healing.

Just because some one may not seem to respond to prayer or change Does Not Make It God's Will For Them.

In this true story (example) I believe you will begin to gain some insight into prayer results.

A Pastor had been praying for an elder in the church who had developed sever breathing problems. Now the elder has seen God move and been viewed as a pillar in the church.

The elder has laid hands on folks and seen results and he himself has had many prayers answered in his own life including healing.

However this time he just kept getting worse and worse and worse. So the Pastor began seeking God in this and trying to find out why this time it seemed nothing was working.

Time went on and the Pastor heard nothing from God until one day the pastor felt led to go minister to the elder. As he was ministering to the elder a thought came to ask the elder about some business deal. The pastor had no idea why or what it was about so he asked the elder.

The elder sprang up and began to explain how his partner stole this huge massive amount of money from him. The elder began to go on and on and his demeanor changed and his eyes began to look angry until his eyes looked evil full of hate and he was red faced and seemed like a totally different person and began to be so angry and even said things like he should just kill the guy and so forth.

The Pastor was taken back a step by all this and he Heard in side him the Lord Say....That's Why.

So Prayer team partners......We can never know what is on some ones heart no matter who they are and how they seem on the out side. Not our spouses, family, friends or brothers and sisters in Christ.

Things such as unforgivness for others and unrepented sins and doubt and worry and fear in a person's heart can very much rob them of results.

Do not Ever claim well it must not be God's will to heal or set free and so forth. His word tells us different.

Oh and the elder died shortly after.

Think about these things and know how vital God's commands are to each of us every single day of our lives.
Blessings
FCJ

Hi Autumn,
Let's look at what you first said
(and whether God will do it or not is his business, a matter of his sovereignty)

Now let's look at God's word
Mark 11:22-25
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

So if you will be honest you will see that your quote is opposed to God's word.

You can not have true biblical Faith by believing in your heart and believing it might happen or it might not happen because (and whether God will do it or not is his business, a matter of his sovereignty)

It just simply will Not work in those kind of conditions. Your Faith can not even grow in an environment such as this for it is unsettled and filled with doubt.

Now then look at verse 25. People tend to walk right by this verse but it is in fact something that can keep you from receiving what your faith is going forth to receive.

You say after all Paul was not healed.

Early in Paul's walk he did indeed become very sick but he regained his strength and health and went back to work doing what God Called him to do.

The only other phrase I know of where man comes up with this deal is where Paul asked 3 times and God said His Grace was sufficient for him.

OK nothing was said Paul was sick or did not get healed. ....man however has come up with that deal.

Paul was deeply concerned for the body of Christ. It haunted him day and night. He asked God to take this away from him. God actually told Paul that His Grace was sufficient for him.

Meaning you have my Spirit and Power and God's words just as every born again believer has in them.
You Paul deal with it. You take authority over it.

See God is Not going to do for us what He has already given unto us to do.

Here is a true story. This is but one example or reason why some folks do not get healed.

I want to share something that is just as vital for you to understand when praying for others as receiving your own healing.

Just because some one may not seem to respond to prayer or change Does Not Make It God's Will For Them.

In this true story (example) I believe you will begin to gain some insight into prayer results.

A Pastor had been praying for an elder in the church who had developed sever breathing problems. Now the elder has seen God move and been viewed as a pillar in the church.

The elder has laid hands on folks and seen results and he himself has had many prayers answered in his own life including healing.

However this time he just kept getting worse and worse and worse. So the Pastor began seeking God in this and trying to find out why this time it seemed nothing was working.

Time went on and the Pastor heard nothing from God until one day the pastor felt led to go minister to the elder. As he was ministering to the elder a thought came to ask the elder about some business deal. The pastor had no idea why or what it was about so he asked the elder.

The elder sprang up and began to explain how his partner stole this huge massive amount of money from him. The elder began to go on and on and his demeanor changed and his eyes began to look angry until his eyes looked evil full of hate and he was red faced and seemed like a totally different person and began to be so angry and even said things like he should just kill the guy and so forth.

The Pastor was taken back a step by all this and he Heard in side him the Lord Say....That's Why.

So Prayer team partners......We can never know what is on some ones heart no matter who they are and how they seem on the out side. Not our spouses, family, friends or brothers and sisters in Christ.

Things such as unforgivness for others and unrepented sins and doubt and worry and fear in a person's heart can very much rob them of results.

Do not Ever claim well it must not be God's will to heal or set free and so forth. His word tells us different.

Oh and the elder died shortly after.

Think about these things and know how vital God's commands are to each of us every single day of our lives.
Blessings
FCJ
Wow that's an incredible story....yeah unforgiveness can do those things , it can block alot of blessing. I agree with you .... Now , I just wonder, how do I forgive my former pastor-- do I just say In Jesus name I forgive ( this person) and keep saying it and if so..how long?

Did people try to help him let go of the hurt?

Also , if complete healing is God's will...why didn't God speak to the elder and tell him the root issue of his illness? Why didn't He help him work it out..also, why didn't He punish the man that stole his money? I never get why people who cause the pain get off Scott free and those hurt by careless people suffer as a result.

Wow that's an incredible story....yeah unforgiveness can do those things , it can block alot of blessing. I agree with you .... Now , I just wonder, how do I forgive my former pastor-- do I just say In Jesus name I forgive ( this person) and keep saying it and if so..how long?

Did people try to help him let go of the hurt?

Yes mam many did but he Chose to hold onto the offense.

Do you believe God will forgive you?
If yes then once is all it takes.......
However there is a flip side to this.
Until walking in Love And Forgiveness becomes like breathing to you......you may have to ask once 100 times in a day.

Shhh it does make sense. .....
Everytime it tries to raise it's ugly head up again then you will have to take that thought captive and slap it down.

However until you become more efficient in this.....well dear you may find your self thinking about it or even rehearsing the offense over in your head and getting angry......Do Not Panic.......you can't stop the thoughts from coming......

However. ........ the key here is when you see this or hear this or feel this or another words realize you are doing it again. ........rehearsing these things in your head......take Actin Right Now. Like oh no you dont, not this time for Father I repent giving play to these thoughts and ask you to forgive me.

Lift them up and pray blessings over them.......then you keep on keeping on. Keep on trucking Girl!! It's all good.

This gets less and less over time.
Hugs and blessings from both of us.

Also , if complete healing is God's will...why didn't God speak to the elder and tell him the root issue of his illness? Why didn't He help him work it out..also, why didn't He punish the man that stole his money? I never get why people who cause the pain get off Scott free and those hurt by careless people suffer as a result.

Have you ever wronged or done bad? You still kicken it?
It Grace and every who so ever is under it for now.

The elder knew the truth. He taught on the truth.....the problem is people don't want you let go. Pride.....you don't do that to me after all I am me.

Yes mam many did but he Chose to hold onto the offense.

Do you believe God will forgive you?
If yes then once is all it takes.......
However there is a flip side to this.
Until walking in Love And Forgiveness becomes like breathing to you......you may have to ask once 100 times in a day.

Shhh it does make sense. .....
Everytime it tries to raise it's ugly head up again then you will have to take that thought captive and slap it down.

However until you become more efficient in this.....well dear you may find your self thinking about it or even rehearsing the offense over in your head and getting angry......Do Not Panic.......you can't stop the thoughts from coming......

However. ........ the key here is when you see this or hear this or feel this or another words realize you are doing it again. ........rehearsing these things in your head......take Actin Right Now. Like oh no you dont, not this time for Father I repent giving play to these thoughts and ask you to forgive me.

Lift them up and pray blessings over them.......then you keep on keeping on. Keep on trucking Girl!! It's all good.

This gets less and less over time.
Hugs and blessings from both of us.
Yeah I definitely dont want to die... :/ although she was mean... Its definitely not that serious..

But like what if I'm praying blessing for her but stil feel resentment?

Have you ever wronged or done bad? You still kicken it?
It Grace and every who so ever is under it for now.

The elder knew the truth. He taught on the truth.....the problem is people don't want you let go. Pride.....you don't do that to me after all I am me.
True true, well its definitely not something for God to swing his chariot down low for on lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back