Conditions For Salvation

New Covenant Holiness movement

I don't believe I've heard this term before, or at least I don't know exactly what it means and google wasn't as much help as I would like. Could you please elaborate on how the NCHM distinguishes itself from other Holiness doctrines?

I don't believe I've heard this term before, or at least I don't know exactly what it means and google wasn't as much help as I would like. Could you please elaborate on how the NCHM distinguishes itself from other Holiness doctrines?
Sorry, one appears to have sprung out of the other. The New Testament Christian is not heretical enough for some elements and have split to form the New Covenant Christian and I have crossed paths with several members of this latter day Holiness Movement.

These folks, to date, have denied the linking of Romans 3 to any sin nature in the Modern Day Christian. The folks I've encountered, until today, have informed me that they have lived the sinless life for two to 10 years, 40 is a new record in my experience. They accomplish this by denying the relevance of the laws of man and seem to hate the command from Jesus to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

My hands are killing me tonight but I hope this helps. Look up the Holiness movement and I believe you'll get some idea of the depth.

There is a point where that will be allowed, and there is a point where it will no longer be tolerated if it becomes accusation against specific members. I would ask that you do not speak for another member though.

Giver, to make you fully aware of our rules here, it is not permitted to raise accusations against the members here. This site is a friendly, Christian only environment, though we have occasionally permitted non-believers who are seeking answers. In general, we expect polite and friendly discussions and attitudes. If you need clarification, contact me privately and I'll be happy to go over the site rules with you.
If I say no one who sins can enter into the kingdom of God, and quote scripture that tells us that; is that accusing people on this forum?

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

If I say a sinner is of the devil, and a Christian can’t be of the devil. Is that accusing people on this forum?

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God's loveis truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him:Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

I don’t believe that what is posted by me ever accuses any individual. A sinner may feel accused, but it is the Word of God that is accusing, and not I.

If I say no one who sins can enter into the kingdom of God, and quote scripture that tells us that; is that accusing people on this forum?

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

If I say a sinner is of the devil, and a Christian can’t be of the devil. Is that accusing people on this forum?

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God's loveis truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him:Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

I don’t believe that what is posted by me ever accuses any individual. A sinner may feel accused, but it is the Word of God that is accusing, and not I.

Please read what I said. I said that it will be tolerated until you begin to accuse individuals of not being Christians. That has simply never been allowed here. Discussions here must remain friendly.

Sorry, one appears to have sprung out of the other. The New Testament Christian is not heretical enough for some elements and have split to form the New Covenant Christian and I have crossed paths with several members of this latter day Holiness Movement.

These folks, to date, have denied the linking of Romans 3 to any sin nature in the Modern Day Christian. The folks I've encountered, until today, have informed me that they have lived the sinless life for two to 10 years, 40 is a new record in my experience. They accomplish this by denying the relevance of the laws of man and seem to hate the command from Jesus to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

My hands are killing me tonight but I hope this helps. Look up the Holiness movement and I believe you'll get some idea of the depth.

I've met a LOT of Holiness Christians, but I've never met any that believe societal laws do not apply to them. I know plenty of people who have not willfully sinned in decades, and they do not shirk the laws of man.

On the other hand, I meet a lot of people around here that come believing that they do not have to follow our forum rules because the Laws of God super-cede and invalidate the authority of this site.

Please read what I said. I said that it will be tolerated until you begin to accuse individuals of not being Christians. That has simply never been allowed here. Discussions here must remain friendly.
Yes I read what you posted, but it made me wonder why you needed to express that about me?

I am not in the habit of accusing any individual. Wonder though, when some one admits he or she is a sinner, and I quote scripture that says a sinner is of the devil is that accusing that person?

How does one stay on friendly terms in such a situation? Is just not addressing such a person the only answer?

Yes I read what you posted, but it made me wonder why you needed to express that about me?

Giver, naomanos expressed a concern, and I addressed his concern. I took the opportunity to point out the specific site rule that applied to the concern that was expressed. Nothing more.

I am not in the habit of accusing any individual. Wonder though, when some one admits he or she is a sinner, and I quote scripture that says a sinner is of the devil is that accusing that person?

It would depend on how directly you were doing it. You have the right to express your views most certainly, but individual accusations can quickly turn into harassment and tend to be counterproductive and hurtful.

How does one stay on friendly terms in such a situation? Is just not addressing such a person the only answer?

Just remember that this site is a microcosm. The purpose of this site is to provide a friendly place of rest. Most Christian sites seem to focus on debating and arguing. The mission of this site has always been to provide a "Quiet place to rest" where Christians gather to encourage one another. We are not always successful, but until I'm told that our mission has changed, that's the one I try to maintain. As such, our definition of Christian is a bit "looser" than it would be on a site that supported specific doctrines.

I've met a LOT of Holiness Christians, but I've never met any that believe societal laws do not apply to them. I know plenty of people who have not willfully sinned in decades, and they do not shirk the laws of man.

On the other hand, I meet a lot of people around here that come believing that they do not have to follow our forum rules because the Laws of God super-cede and invalidate the authority of this site.
Unfortunately, the brand Giver, appears, to promote seem to be prominent in the south. I have never been able to trace their origin beyond what I've been taught by one of their elders. To this point, none have told me I have it wrong. So, who knows for sure?

Aneurysm lessening today and hands better! God bless.

Giver, a good study of scripture will prove you just sinned by testing the Mod's tenacity.

His questions are genuine, so I see no fault here. Believe me, I've had both my patience and my authority tested more times than I can count. My job here is to maintain peace, but the reason I come is to see Christ through the eyes of other believers outside of my normal circles.

His questions are genuine, so I see no fault here. Believe me, I've had both my patience and my authority tested more times than I can count. My job here is to maintain peace, but the reason I come is to see Christ through the eyes of other believers outside of my normal circles.
Thank you!

I think James 2v20-22 answers your question. Because we have faith we do works but only as aresult of our faith not the other way around. In any case the references to salvation by faith in the bible are overwhelming in favour of salvation by faith. Whay king of faith? Hebrews 11v1 gives us the right kind of faith, quote " Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidenceof things not seen"
Talking about food. How about a nice Paella?. I am spanish and make a good paella but you´ll have to take a quich flight over.
Blesings from Spain. Julio191

I think James 2v20-22 answers your question. Because we have faith we do works but only as aresult of our faith not the other way around. In any case the references to salvation by faith in the bible are overwhelming in favour of salvation by faith. Whay king of faith? Hebrews 11v1 gives us the right kind of faith, quote " Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidenceof things not seen"
Talking about food. How about a nice Paella?. I am spanish and make a good paella but you´ll have to take a quich flight over.
Hola, senior. Your Hebrews reference is dead on but do not expect Giver to reply logically, he has yet to address my first three posts to him.

I iwsh I could get backto Europe, I would visit for the rice.

I have no argument with what you say. I do think saying being saved is the same as one entering into the kingdom of God, is wrong. There is not scripture that says that.

People make that assumption, but that is all it is an assumption.

To enter the kingdom of God one has to live the whole Word of God. A Christian is given the Holy Spirit to guide, and give one the grace to live God’s Word.

The fruits of having the Holy Spirit guide him or her are what shows that one loves God, and can become a home of God. God’s home is the kingdom of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

I have no argument with what you say. I do think saying being saved is the same as one entering into the kingdom of God, is wrong. There is not scripture that says that.

People make that assumption, but that is all it is an assumption.

To enter the kingdom of God one has to live the whole Word of God. A Christian is given the Holy Spirit to guide, and give one the grace to live God’s Word.

The fruits of having the Holy Spirit guide him or her are what shows that one loves God, and can become a home of God. God’s home is the kingdom of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”
Giver,

I'm still waiting for conversation... you act like you're afraid of an old man in a wheelchair!

In my bible, NKJV, Jesus never had a salvation prayer. All that He said was, pick up your mat, and follow Me. ...or pick up your cross and follow Me. The only place in the bible where it talks about anything close to inviting Jesus into your heart is in Ezekiel,
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give a heart of flesh.
Its not about giving Jesus your heart, its about giving Him your life.

In my bible, NKJV, Jesus never had a salvation prayer. All that He said was, pick up your mat, and follow Me. ...or pick up your cross and follow Me. The only place in the bible where it talks about anything close to inviting Jesus into your heart is in Ezekiel,

Its not about giving Jesus your heart, its about giving Him your life.

Giver, answering a post with scripture can be and is a good thing but that does not relieve you of your responsibility to Children, member of this forum, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to explain yourself. Oh! BTW, I still wait an intelligent reply.

I know for a fact that my brothers called me ugly and I rejected their claim completely and then one day, one of them held down and made me look into a mirror. OOPsss. They were right all along!!!

No, they weren't. If God finds you beautiful, who are they to disagree?

Your only problem is to make it so that God indeed finds you beautiful. By the way, that’s my problem too.

Back