1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

[COMPLETED] Temp downtime ahead

Discussion in 'Staff Announcements' started by Jeffin, Mar 14, 2011.

1. After downgrading my hosting plan from dedicated to vps, I am experiencing very slow server. Ideally a vps should still be able to handle our site well. It's possibly because of other heavy sites on the same server. So I requested our hosting company to move to us another vps with lighter load. This transfer might cause a slight downtime. My apologies for any inconvenience. Hopefully the transfer might make some improvement.
  2. Transfer completed. We are back up.
  3. There is a noticeable difference. Seems to have worked.
    Jeffin likes this.
  4. Wow, thanks!
  5. Thanks for the work you put in but I can't say I'd noticed the site being particularly slow from here. Also, judging by the member/guests I see on line at any time, I'd have guessed ordinary shared hosting would be enough.
    Jeffin likes this.
  6. I don't want to give our members a slow site. Shared hosting probably is enough. With VPS, we have more control and security. We'll see how this goes.