Common Sense Reality

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-some-african-american-evangelicals-are-playing-the-trump-card/

This article in the last few paragraphs gives voice to a pastor who against conventional wisdom and pc shaming speaks the truth of the situation in Amerca for Christians. Best quotes:
"For me it's important that we protect our borders and our people. I'm a father of six children. I don't want to be fearful at McDonalds, and a car bomb goes off, or a San Bernardino attack takes place, whether in name of Jesus or Allah, it's all wrong."

For Burns, the real problem is the Democratic establishment - how "Christianity is under attack" thanks to the Democrats, and how they have created a "generation of handouts to African-Americans." He cited cornerstones of Democratic politics, including a pro-choice stance in America's ongoing abortion debate, as indicative of Democrats' disregard for African-Americans:

"The whole abortion deal is targeted to African-American women ... and gives them the option to destroy the next generation of future scientists, doctors, presidents, CEOs. It's the systematic destruction of, I believe, the next generation of African-Americans, led by the Democratic Party."

"Really what won me over, is that he said Christianity is under attack. The biggest thing for us, as evangelicals, is we want someone in office who is not part of the current political establishment, who has the ability to do what they are saying."

Romans 13:1
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Amen, and He is raising another, so may God speak thru His body, and His will be done. May Christians take a stand and have faith.

Romans 13:1
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
I sure hope God was not behind Stalin, Nero and my president.

This verse has a lot of context to it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-some-african-american-evangelicals-are-playing-the-trump-card/

This article in the last few paragraphs gives voice to a pastor who against conventional wisdom and pc shaming speaks the truth of the situation in Amerca for Christians. Best quotes:
"For me it's important that we protect our borders and our people. I'm a father of six children. I don't want to be fearful at McDonalds, and a car bomb goes off, or a San Bernardino attack takes place, whether in name of Jesus or Allah, it's all wrong."

For Burns, the real problem is the Democratic establishment - how "Christianity is under attack" thanks to the Democrats, and how they have created a "generation of handouts to African-Americans." He cited cornerstones of Democratic politics, including a pro-choice stance in America's ongoing abortion debate, as indicative of Democrats' disregard for African-Americans:

"The whole abortion deal is targeted to African-American women ... and gives them the option to destroy the next generation of future scientists, doctors, presidents, CEOs. It's the systematic destruction of, I believe, the next generation of African-Americans, led by the Democratic Party."

"Really what won me over, is that he said Christianity is under attack. The biggest thing for us, as evangelicals, is we want someone in office who is not part of the current political establishment, who has the ability to do what they are saying."
If I was in the US, I would vote Trump. Though I reckon Carson is a truer Christian. Just not cut out for the job though.

If I was in the US, I would vote Trump. Though I reckon Carson is a truer Christian. Just not cut out for the job though.

Personally I do not know. From the conversations I have had with friends, it seems that Trump has tapped into what a whole lot of people are "thinking", but because of political correctness are unable or unwilling to say it.

It seems to me that a lot of people are sick and tired of the USA being pushed around and bullied by other nations over the past several years. Now along comes Trump and says....."enough is enough".

That seems to be striking a cord in people and is manifesting itself in that no matter what kind of goofy comment he makes,
(and he makes a lot of them) it does not effect his standing.

Hi KingJ!

Let's read more on Romans 13:1-7 which is about authorities.

Romans 13:1-7
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Connect this to Isaiah 45:7

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

And ultimately to Exodus 9:12

Exodus 9:12
But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said to Moses.

I'm quite sure half of those who will read this will ask "Why would GOD do that?!"

Isn't that what most of us ask HIM when we don't understand what's happening. Like when Hitler, Stalin, Caligula or Nero happened and we think that the Devil made this decision by himself. But if we look closely, the devil or even satan himself cannot do anything to anyone without GOD's permission...

Job 1:11-12
But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

The answer is simple, HE does these things to make a point. May it be to test us, to direct us or to bless us. One thing is for sure, HE does these things for our own good.

Exodus 1:4
But the Lord will make a distinction between the livestock of Israel and that of Egypt, so that no animal belonging to the Israelites will die.

In this excerpt from the bible, GOD hardened Pharaoh's heart to make as distinction between the Pharaoh's people and GOD's people. And ultimately to display HIS glory to the Israelites and the Egyptians as well. Same with Jacob, Joseph, Job and others.

My point is, GOD's WILL has, is and will be done here on earth as it is in heaven. Whether we like it or not.

I'm just thankful that GOD is for us!

Hi KingJ!

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said to Moses.

I'm quite sure half of those who will read this will ask "Why would GOD do that?!"

Isn't that what most of us ask HIM when we don't understand what's happening. Like when Hitler, Stalin, Caligula or Nero happened and we think that the Devil made this decision by himself. But if we look closely, the devil or even satan himself cannot do anything to anyone without GOD's permission...

But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

The answer is simple, HE does these things to make a point. May it be to test us, to direct us or to bless us. One thing is for sure, HE does these things for our own good.

But the Lord will make a distinction between the livestock of Israel and that of Egypt, so that no animal belonging to the Israelites will die.

In this excerpt from the bible, GOD hardened Pharaoh's heart to make as distinction between the Pharaoh's people and GOD's people. And ultimately to display HIS glory to the Israelites and the Egyptians as well. Same with Jacob, Joseph, Job and others.

My point is, GOD's WILL has, is and will be done here on earth as it is in heaven. Whether we like it or not.

Hi KingJ!

Thanks for the effort in your post. God's will being done is very subjective. Was it God's will to bring the flood? Wouldn't it had rather been His will that all repent? Jesus said we must pray ''His will be done'' for a reason. It is not for no reason.

I don't agree with God hardening anyones heart to be part of His plan. He used what was avalaible. Judas sinned and then had his heart hardened. Pharoah sinned and then had His heart hardened. You are arguing God's omniscience. So your view is forgiveable as God is omniscient. But you are not grasping I believe that God is as good as He is omniscient. He is impartial to all Acts 10:34. IE He chooses not to be evil, even though He can. Just look at Jesus. Did Jesus '''cheat'' the flesh? God limited His omnipotence to uphold who He is. God cannot be evil. He is light with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5. We grasp omniscience but not the extent of His love and righteousness.

If you believe in Calvinism, we need to stop the discussion as it is a banned topic. People just never agree on this ;).

Last edited:
Back