Commercial Appeal, Memphis, TN - Abortion is a Civil Rights Issue for the Unborn

Martin Luther King Jr. is a myth. The pro-life MLK Jr. is a myth.

The man, Michael, whose image is used for the mythical MLK Jr., was not pro-life. He was pro-abortion and a man of very low charactor.

"There is a striking kinship between our movement and Margaret Sanger’s early efforts... The Negro constitutes half the poor of the nation. Like all poor, Negro and white, they have many unwanted children. This is a cruel evil they urgently need to control. There is scarcely anything more tragic in human life than a child who is not wanted." - Michael King.

Mr. King accepted the Margaret Sanger Award. "The PPFA Margaret Sanger Award is given annually to individuals of distinction in recognition of excellence and leadership in furthering reproductive health and reproductive rights."

Mrs. King prefixed Mr. King's words (assuming someone else didn't write for him what I quoted), when accepting the Margaret Sanger Award, "I am proud tonight to say a word in behalf of your mentor, and the person who symbolizes the ideas of this organization, Margaret Sanger. Because of her dedication, her deep convictions, and for her suffering for what she believed in, I would like to say that I am proud to be a woman tonight."

How do you square that with the your articles claim that MLK Jr. was pro-life. I notice there are no pro-life quotes in that article from King. Also, the comments about the "Jewish lawyer" Sekulow being pro-life appears to be an attempt to misrepresent the pro-abortion position of the vast majority of Jews.

Martin Luther King Jr. is a myth. The pro-life MLK Jr. is a myth.

The man, Michael, whose image is used for the mythical MLK Jr., was not pro-life. He was pro-abortion and a man of very low charactor.

"There is a striking kinship between our movement and Margaret Sanger’s early efforts... The Negro constitutes half the poor of the nation. Like all poor, Negro and white, they have many unwanted children. This is a cruel evil they urgently need to control. There is scarcely anything more tragic in human life than a child who is not wanted." - Michael King.

Mr. King accepted the Margaret Sanger Award. "The PPFA Margaret Sanger Award is given annually to individuals of distinction in recognition of excellence and leadership in furthering reproductive health and reproductive rights."

Mrs. King prefixed Mr. King's words (assuming someone else didn't write for him what I quoted), when accepting the Margaret Sanger Award, "I am proud tonight to say a word in behalf of your mentor, and the person who symbolizes the ideas of this organization, Margaret Sanger. Because of her dedication, her deep convictions, and for her suffering for what she believed in, I would like to say that I am proud to be a woman tonight."

How do you square that with the your articles claim that MLK Jr. was pro-life. I notice there are no pro-life quotes in that article from King. Also, the comments about the "Jewish lawyer" Sekulow being pro-life appears to be an attempt to misrepresent the pro-abortion position of the vast majority of Jews.

Could you show some back up for these claims? Or, can you show me where I can find & read evidence for this?

He was talking about the ability to purchase contraceptives...which was a hot button topic for the day...not abortion...Abortion wasn't even legal until 1973, Dr King was assasinated in 1968...do you have any evidence that he would have condoned abortion?

Because the laws changed in the 60's families can choose to have many or no children. Before the change in laws, they had no birth control options except for abstinence, and "The rhythm method". Absitnence in a marriage can be difficult at best, and disasterous at worst...the rhythm method is very difficult to successfully use. Contraceptives have health benefits in addition to birth control.

The change of this law is the one & only good think Planned Parenthood & Ms. Sanger ever did in my opinion.

He was talking about the ability to purchase contraceptives...which was a hot button topic for the day...not abortion...Abortion wasn't even legal until 1973, Dr King was assasinated in 1968...do you have any evidence that he would have condoned abortion?

Before Mr. Michael King accepted the Sanger Award, Sanger was a militant abortion advocate. Of course, Mr. King loved cheating on his wife, so he could certrainly appreciate a group that wanted to help to make his problems go away, if he had any complications.

Because the laws changed in the 60's families can choose to have many or no children. Before the change in laws, they had no birth control options except for abstinence, and "The rhythm method".

If contraception was illegal before the 1960s, how is it that Ms. Sanger managed to legally operate a birth control clinic in 1916 on? What changed in the 60s is that godless liberals like King helped destroy the attitudes that sex belongs in marriage.

Where's the King was pro-life?

Father God bless brother Jay and help his efforts to stop this insane slaughter of innocents. I ask You to move any mountains necessary to accomplish this - in Jesus Name I pray amen.

Back