Colossians 2:8

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

What is this verse referring to specifically?

Colossians 2:7, 8 NLT

Sorry post all messed up. I meant to post it in context-- with verse 7 too---

So I was just curious what you guys think about this verse. I know what it means I just wonder what pops into all our heads when we read it.

What I say this verse is saying is to not believe anything that goes against what God has taught us. Shrug off the wrong and nonsense philosophies that people are telling you, and believe what God is teaching us.

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

What is this verse referring to specifically?

Colossians 2:7, 8 NLT

This screams "Beware of false profits/those preaching worldly things that are not of God". This verse I believe clearly points to the fact that we are to rely on Christ and the HS for prophesying and ministering to others. 'Spiritual powers of this world' I think are pointing to demonic powers since the devil is the prince of the earth.

I saw that movie a long time ago and thought it was hilarious! The funniest part was the 'checks in the mail'. If you think and concentrate long and hard enough, you will start to get random checks in the mail...just makes laugh because of how ridiculous it is.

Back