Color

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by TezriLi, Jun 22, 2014.

1. What are your favorite colors?
    Do you know why?

Least liked colors?
    Do you know why?

What colors are the majority of your shirts/blouses?
    What colors are your purses/attache cases/bags?
    What color is the majority of your shoes?
    What color is your winter coat/jacket?
    What colors are your favorite gloves/hat(s)/scarf
    When you bought your vehicle, if you had a choice, what color was it?
    What color is your house?
    What is the main color of your bedroom?

Do you think that color therapy is valid?
    Do you think that colors influence us?

2. What are your favorite colors? Red, red, and red.
    Do you know why? I never before asked myself that question, and I don't really know the answer. I just like red.

Least liked colors? orange, duck-poop-green
    Do you know why? Not sure why re orange. Maybe I just got enough of it during my hippy days. Regarding duck-poop-green, when I was a child, I came down the stairs and saw that someone had brought the duck in the house. It did that right in my pathway. I have hated duck-poop-green ever since. That color is similar to Army green, only yellower, browner.

What colors are the majority of your shirts/blouses? black and white striped or red.
    What colors are your purses/attache cases/bags? red
    What color is the majority of your shoes? black
    What color is your winter coat/jacket? black leather jacket
    What colors are your favorite gloves/hat(s)/scarf one's red, one's white, the others are black
    When you bought your vehicle, if you had a choice, what color was it? Had no choice. It should have been a lighter color, because it gathers heat.
    What color is your house? white with light blue doodads and facings
    What is the main color of your bedroom? pale blue

Do you think that color therapy is valid? yes
    Do you think that colors influence us? yes

3. What are your favorite colors?I'll say green and yellow
    Do you know why? Possibly as they are the colours of Norwich City Football Club.

Least liked colors?/Do you know why? Not sure it's a dislike but I wouldn't choose some colours for some things.

What colors are the majority of your shirts/blouses? No idea
    What colors are your purses/attache cases/bags? Brown wallet
    What color is the majority of your shoes? 1pr - Black
    What color is your winter coat/jacket? Blue
    What colors are your favorite gloves/hat(s)/scarf? 1pr - grey / N/A / I have a green and yellow scarf I knitted as a child and I keep for sentimental reasons.
    When you bought your vehicle, if you had a choice, what color was it? N/A.
    What color is your house? Kept as it was when we got it - mostly white. I don't think we'd have painted an unpainted house and the style of the house might dictate what you would do with it. As a slight drift. older houses round here (Norfolk UK) tend to be this type of brick work:
    [​IMG]
    Or may use this type of pebble dash. The red pantiles are common although you will find the odd thatched roof.
    [​IMG]

Where I lived before in North Wales, stone cottages with slate roofs were reasonably common and if painted, they would usually be white....

What is the main color of your bedroom? Magnolia

Do you think that color therapy is valid? I don't know anything about it.
    Do you think that colors influence us? Yes. As an example, I think a brilliant white room can look stark and hospital like and feel cold.

4. Thank you for your answers, Boltardly! It is always very fascinating to me to read such answers as yours from outside of the U.S. And the photos are fascinating! I loved such homes! There is an area in my town, in a hilly area overlooking the bay, where I love to drive and look at homes like these. Lovely homes. And I imagine living there. I dare not go very often, or it kicks in my covetous side.

I probably should admit that one of the reasons I am asking about color, color therapy, and colors' influence is because I've had a migraine since Thursday, and I think I will be wearing sun glasses in the office tomorrow. I have one pair that blocks blue, thus dimming light and color a little, and I have a pair of pinkish glasses. While I am interested in how people perceive color, I was trying to pick up clues from others how color influences them, hoping that would help me in the office today. People tease me there that I don't turn on the lights, using only the natural light from the windows. (I work for a church, and it is just my little way of saving them money.) A little too dark for others. But since it is my office, they are kind. Today, for sure, there will be no lights, and I will try out the glasses.

boltardy likes this.
  5. By the way, Boltardly, are there laws in place for such wonderful buildings -- that one cannot make major structural changes to the homes? In the U.S., sometimes, we knock down the best of the old buildings and put up structures without personality. We often have a tendency here to think that everything old has no value and everything new is best. Sad attitude. But some people are learning . . . .

6. The buildings that are deemed the most important in the UK are called Listed Buildings. These have their own protection in law. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listed_building. At a lower level, local planning permission is required for many changes to buildings.

TezriLi likes this.
  7. I'd guess it might be too dark for me. As my eyes get older, I find I need more light to read.

TezriLi likes this.
  8. Fascinating idea. I want to save it so I can read through it more carefully, checking out the related sites.

Our house is over 100 years old, which is what drew me to it. Here, 100-year-old homes still in use are unusual. We were fortunate in that when we bought it, although it had really ugly siding, my husband pulled some of it back, looking underneath. He found the original siding, in great condition. White. Now, I am proud of our little seaside house!

boltardy likes this.
  9. Sounds nice. Our house (well bungalow actually) is not that old although perhaps some of the walls are. I believe it was originally a grain store, part of the farmland it now backs on to. It had an extension built on to it in the 60/70's.

TezriLi likes this.
  10. Love it! I love a home with a history. Ours has a little history we learned by accident, when the granddaughter of a previous owner asked to come in. There had been a fireplace in the basement, but the house caught fire, and they never put the fireplace back. We put one in on the main floor. We have still not refinished the basement.

boltardy likes this.
  11. favorite colors? royal blue and crimson red
    why? idk i just think there cool :)
    least favorite? pink and yellow
    why? cause there girly
    for the others idk i never payed attention

12. What are your favorite colors? Blue, orange & green
    Do you know why? No, haven't a clue

Least liked colors? Black
    Do you know why? Nothing good happens with black (usually)

What colors are the majority of your shirts/blouses? I have a large array of colours; neither one dominates
    What colors are your purses/attache cases/bags? Black, red & blue
    What color is the majority of your shoes? Black - work related
    What color is your winter coat/jacket? Blue
    What colors are your favorite gloves/hat(s)/scarf N/A
    When you bought your vehicle, if you had a choice, what color was it? Red
    What color is your house? Orange/brown (maybe)
    What is the main color of your bedroom? Cream and London signs styled wallpaper (black and brown)

Do you think that color therapy is valid? Unsure
    Do you think that colors influence us? They could express who we are as a person I suppose