Climate change and the Sabbath (WORTH READING)

Jesus says, I tell you these things before they happen so that when they happen, you will believe (john 14:29).

By God's grace and with patience and loving kindness, I have not neglected to forewarn many about the impending counterfeit Sabbath Law, not because of mere current events or because of my private interpretation (speculation), but because of the proper application of biblical principals needed to interpret prophecy and the bible in general--as practiced by mainstream Protestantism up until the late 1800's .

150 years ago this warning was also sounded in a book known as the Great Controversy in a chapter entitled the "impending conflict." It touches upon the moral failure of society as declared in Matt 24 and 2 tim 3 and discusses the solution that society will entertain to fix this problem. Discussing the problem to come, it says:

"Already the doctrine that men are released from obedience to God’s requirements has weakened the force of moral obligation and opened the floodgates of iniquity upon the world. Lawlessness, dissipation, and corruption are sweeping in upon us like an overwhelming tide. In the family, Satan is at work. His banner waves, even in professedly Christian households. There is envy, evil surmising, hypocrisy, estrangement, emulation, strife, betrayal of sacred trusts, indulgence of lust. The whole system of religious principles and doctrines, which should form the foundation and framework of social life, seems to be a tottering mass, ready to fall to ruin. (...) the infatuation of vice, the wanton taking of life, the terrible increase of intemperance and iniquity of every order and degree, should arouse all who fear God, to inquire what can be done to stay the tide of evil. {GC 585.2}"

The author writes that the prevailing iniquity of the day will arouse the people of God (you and I) to say, "what can be done to stay the tide of evil?" Have you been tempted to do that? I know I have, yet I am comforted to know that God has a solution. Nevertheless, these sincere individuals feel obligated to do something about it. There even has been threads on this forum talking about this very topic. Let us cut to another scene,

"Satan works through the elements also to garner his harvest of unprepared souls. He has studied the secrets of the laboratories of nature, and he uses all his power to control the elements as far as God allows. When he was suffered to afflict Job, how quickly flocks and herds, servants, houses, children, were swept away, one trouble succeeding another as in a moment. It is God that shields His creatures and hedges them in from the power of the destroyer. But the Christian world have shown contempt for the law of Jehovah; and the Lord will do just what He has declared that He would—He will withdraw His blessings from the earth and remove His protecting care from those who are rebelling against His law and teaching and forcing others to do the same. Satan has control of all whom God does not especially guard. He will favor and prosper some in order to further his own designs, and he will bring trouble upon others and lead men to believe that it is God who is afflicting them. {GC 589.2}"

Again, 150 years ago we are told that to usher in his agenda, "Satan works through the elements." In other words, Climate Change. But to what end? Where will this lead? What solution does Satan lead men to propose? Let us return to these sincere individuals that want to stymie the tide of evil.

"Yet this very class put forth the claim that the fast-spreading corruption is largely attributable to the desecration of the so-called “Christian sabbath,” and that the enforcement of Sunday observance would greatly improve the morals of society. This claim is especially urged in America, where the doctrine of the true Sabbath has been most widely preached. Here the temperance work, one of the most prominent and important of moral reforms, is often combined with the Sunday movement, and the advocates of the latter represent themselves as laboring to promote the highest interest of society; and those who refuse to unite with them are denounced as the enemies of temperance and reform. But the fact that a movement to establish error is connected with a work which is in itself good, is not an argument in favor of the error. We may disguise poison by mingling it with wholesome food, but we do not change its nature. On the contrary, it is rendered more dangerous, as it is more likely to be taken unawares. It is one of Satan’s devices to combine with falsehood just enough truth to give it plausibility. The leaders of the Sunday movement may advocate reforms which the people need, principles which are in harmony with the Bible; yet while there is with these a requirement which is contrary to God’s law, His servants cannot unite with them. Nothing can justify them in setting aside the commandments of God for the precepts of men. {GC 587.1}

This is what makes www.greensabbath.org significant. Inspired by the climate change encyclical which influenced the UN to generate its Climate Change agreement with 200 state members (including of of course the US), it proposes Sabbath observance as a means to deal with our problems. I believe this is prophecy being fulfilled and I am frankly trying to inoculate you with the word of God. Satan will work through your feelings to deceive you, but you must resist this and go by a thus saith the Lord. Easier said than done, but with Gods power and help, it can be done. The kingdom of God is at hand, I pray we all will be on our knees strengthening our relationship with Jesus.

Exodus 20:8-11

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

--MoG

The Great Controversy is protected under GNU License and is free for replication on this forum.

Staff Note: This thread was under evaluation, was slightly edited and has been returned to the General Discussions area. We caution participants to follow ALL forum Rules when posting in this thread.

Back