1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Climate Catastrophy

Discussion in 'Environmental Issues' started by PaducahLuke, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Climate Catastrophy

With all the info now bein' put out about the earths temperature, green house gases, yada-yada-yada, I thought y'all might like to read an article that should shed a more solid light on the subject...

The following is from NEWSWEEK Magazine. I quote from my copy of the article--

I know there's untold reports out there of the problems comin' our way. Just the other day some "EXPERT" said the W-35 Bridge collapse in Minneapolis was caused by global warming.

Oh --- by the way did I mention the NEWSWEEK article above was from the April 28th issue in 1975 titled "The Cooling World"

The hottest year on record for the USA was 1934... 14 years BEFORE Al Gore was born.
  2. Very interesting, P'luke!
  3. That's true. But it was an 'isolated case'. Now it is happening all over the world. Hottest day here, there, everywhere, and severe floods all over. Drought everywhere, etc. etc.
  4. I can't speak for PaducahLuke, but I believe that his post was to make the point that in 1975, after "years of cooling" that the "scientific community" was CONVINCED that there was a global catastrophy in the making. NOW, after a couple years of WARMING, those same 'scientists' and a group of activists are CONVINCED that we are all doomed to the same fate from the opposite cause and effect.

If those "scientists" would stop listening to the extreme activists and start looking to only SCIENCE, they would see that the weather cycles that have been present on earth for approximately 14,000 years are cyclical and BALANCE OUT over time. Remember, we are still coming out of an ice age... a phenomena that has occurred MANY hundreds of times in the meteorological history of the earth. It's just that MAN is here to witness this one himself, and only has THIS event to refer to and to manipulate the data from for his own needs. The rock layers all over the earth are like tree rings... they TELL US what the climate changes have been over multitudes of centuries and the 'scientists' conveniently pass over that data and do not 'rely' on what the earth itself is telling them because of their extremist agenda.
  5. Profit is brought about by change and change by way of fear. Make the world fear global warming and it will change the fuel and build the facilities to acomidate that change and the profit ulimately goes to thos who create the fear and foster the change for the purpose of making it.
    Ethanol plants are going up everywhere and their construction is boosting economy.

The money is in changing the focus from one thing to another. The ice age, then global warming, world peace and then war. Using the corn to make fuel will lead to a food shortage and money will be made changing the focus to that or something else. Once the world has gotten over this fear another will be brought out to take it's place.

On a lighter note
    The midwest (South west Ohio ,where I'm at ) has been enduring some high temps and shorage of rain.
    Any prospects of a break in the next few weeks????

My favorite fishing hole is so low I can't get my feet wet much less fish in it:(

Sincerely Cliff
  6. Change seems to be a natural part of life on this eart- historically we had the same weather patterns between 1910 and 1920 as we do today- and did I mention that in the 1970's all the scientists were predicting an iceage- and oh yeah a few of them are starting to predict another ice age in the near future- I guess what I am trying to say is " the more you know the more you know you don't know"!
    Heh Theophilus how are you? it has been over one hundred degress everyday this weel in Baton Rouge LA - whew!!!!!
  7. I grew up in a time of science. The cold war actually pushed science to the front and politics to the background based on a need to stay out front in a dangerous world. My children have grown up in a time of politics, revisionism and misinformation.Today science is a political tool used to demonize capitalism and reduce the power and influence of western culture, for what is perceived to be the good of earth and mankind from a global perspective.
    I frankly do not read scientific journals anymore, there was a time when I could not get enough of them.
    I built my first telescope while in high school and started the first astronomy club at our little school. I used a lenses kit from fisher scientific and made the tube from cardboard. I also hand made the eyepieces and coated the mirrors. I was into science.
    Later, as an engineer I continued an interest in pure sciences.
    Then, along came the idea that man was an infestation on a fragile helpless system called earth, mother to be descriptive.. Science died at the hands of liberal professors who longed to be back in the commune high on LSD. Teachers with an agenda that superceded proven methods, and a love for wonderment and truth.

science - rest in peace.
  8. we read the bible it tells us these things will happen.:eek:
  9. True SC but I am also convinced that if there wasn't some kind of catastrophe they will make one up-:D
  10. i also think this.