Circular Saw Won't Cut Fingers, Hot Dogs

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
Wow...... That was like De Ja Vu all over again. :confused:

I have been having internet issues lately. Some of the things I post take forever to transfer to the web page so I hit the add comment button 5 or 6 times before it goes through. Sometimes that results in duplication. I am working on that issue.

I bet you could turn a hot dog into a roman ogee chili-cheese when you're done! (x2)

I bet they could work a clutch in-line with the chuck, adding one of those sensors on it, where the chuck-shaft would disengage at the clutch, resulting in a torqueless router bit, which I assume would still have momentum to get over unless a brake mech was applied, but that would have to be worked out from below, otherwish you could have shrapnell. I don't know.

As far as routers, Freud makes a good, fair priced router, that's great for for a big, undermount application. But in general, a router is just a motor-you're paying for the name and ease of use features. I haven't seen all of the models, but we had a Dewalt in a router table and there was no quick easy way to make changes/adjustments. But by far, Porter cable's spiral shank design is the best for an undermount-but I think they only offer that in the smaller routers.

As far as bits go, go economical. When you have to do a lot on a project with a bit, buy a good one. That way you have a variety for a little this and that, but you slowly upgrade your selection with quality as you meet the need.

God bless all you guys and be smarter than your fingers!

Back