Churches Today

Folks he is a master of deception and you can't stand against him on your own strength and he does so want you to go head to head with him using your scrooples. When you do this, well you already lost that fight.

Keep Alert
for your enemy the devil is roaming around like a lion Looking for some one he can devour.

Looking is Key.......
Placing thoughts and feelings in you.
If you are built up in God's word then you will take Every Thought Captive..
..Yes Every Single Thought and feeling.

If you bite on the bait he will continue to worm his way around until he knows he has you and wham.....sets his hook and you just gave him
..... please see this. ....
You Just Gave him The Right To Enter Into Any situation or thing about you and your life. Another words......he is legally able to begin to Steal, Kill and Destroy....

This is when many fold and give up and whine and complain and blame God.
Your wasting your time......God told you to deal with the devil.

It all starts with something seeming so right.

Very True and very well stated. Thank you for this food for my spirit. I love it.

When I had finally found a church where everything felt right for me, I soon discovered that the pastor's wife had the nervous habit of pacing back and forth and up and down the aisles during the entire service. At first I was annoyed at the distraction, and seriously thought about saying something. Then I reminded myself why I was there: to worship God. Once I refocused my purpose and started to keep my mind on the worship aspect rather than the pacing, it was like I no longer noticed the pacing anymore. It was as if it totally disappeared. I don't know if this will work for you, but I was fortunate in that the Holy Spirit reframed my thinking in this manner and brought me back to the basics of why I was there. I am so glad I stayed - this church has become my home church and has breathed life into my worship.

If this does not work for you, then I am agreeing with other posts here to place a kind a loving suggestion as to how the lighting situation is negatively impacting you. I am sure that if you word it in a kind and sincere manner, your concern will be taken seriously. I personally like to read from my own BIble during the service and write copious notes during the sermon. I don't know how I'd manage if there was poor lighting. I wish you all the best in resolving this situation for yourself, and I hope that you can find a way to stay with this church where you connect so well with the way the Word is being preached.

Another possible approach is that you could try tricking your mind a little bit and pretending to yourself that you are partially blind when you attend services. As a blind person, all that is left for you to do is listen to the Word as it is being preached. This approach may help you focus even more on God's word - you never know, it is possible that it might work for you. It is something that I would definitely try for myself, but then I tend to be a bit on the eccentric side. I just think it would be a shame for you to leave a church where the way the Word is preached resonates so much with you. I hope you can find a solution.

When I had finally found a church where everything felt right for me, I soon discovered that the pastor's wife had the nervous habit of pacing back and forth and up and down the aisles during the entire service. At first I was annoyed at the distraction, and seriously thought about saying something. Then I reminded myself why I was there: to worship God. Once I refocused my purpose and started to keep my mind on the worship aspect rather than the pacing, it was like I no longer noticed the pacing anymore. It was as if it totally disappeared. I don't know if this will work for you, but I was fortunate in that the Holy Spirit reframed my thinking in this manner and brought me back to the basics of why I was there. I am so glad I stayed - this church has become my home church and has breathed life into my worship.

If this does not work for you, then I am agreeing with other posts here to place a kind a loving suggestion as to how the lighting situation is negatively impacting you. I am sure that if you word it in a kind and sincere manner, your concern will be taken seriously. I personally like to read from my own BIble during the service and write copious notes during the sermon. I don't know how I'd manage if there was poor lighting. I wish you all the best in resolving this situation for yourself, and I hope that you can find a way to stay with this church where you connect so well with the way the Word is being preached.

Another possible approach is that you could try tricking your mind a little bit and pretending to yourself that you are partially blind when you attend services. As a blind person, all that is left for you to do is listen to the Word as it is being preached. This approach may help you focus even more on God's word - you never know, it is possible that it might work for you. It is something that I would definitely try for myself, but then I tend to be a bit on the eccentric side. I just think it would be a shame for you to leave a church where the way the Word is preached resonates so much with you. I hope you can find a solution.

Good thoughts.

Many years ago we had an elderly man who would stand up and lean against the wall. The 1st time I didn't really notice. The 2nd time I did and then it was every Sunday. After about the 5th time I approached him and asked him why. He said that he had a tumor on his kidney and sitting on the hard pews gave him great pain.

I explained that to the congregation and that very day they took up a love offering and bought him a recliner which we placed against the wall.

Good afternoon, everyone. I wanted to give you an update on me and the new church with the blue lights.....
I still think those lights are so stupid, but it's not worth the aggravation. lol

I have decided that I really do like the church and the best advice was to overlook it and keep moving forward as the enemy is just trying to distract me with those annoying lights.......

I really like this church. On Wednesday evenings the congregation meets in home church groups in peoples homes. The church is just minutes from my home and there are 3 home churches in my neighborhood. I have decided to visit one this Wed. I am a bit nervous. I am not used to doing these types of things alone. I know that sounds stupid, but I just hate it, but I am still going. Please pray for me that I actually go and do not make an excuse and not go.. I can see the excuses already formulating in my brain.... lol

I really like the church and I think I am ready to start meeting people and developing relationships. I just need prayer in getting in there. I say the most stupid things when I am nervous. I seriously think you could write a TV show based on my goofy weirdness.

Thanks so much for the prayers and support in sticking with the church and moving past the blue lights....... I can see how the enemy really has been trying so hard to keep me out of a good bible teaching church.

I have been looking for a new church in my area. I love the preacher at this one particular church. He is fabulous and his preaching is wonderful. The praise and worship time is equally wonderful.

HOWEVER, they keep the lighting low in the church and use those low lights (blue lighting and low light yellow lights). This makes me so crazy. These low lights just seem weird to me. It gives off the vibe of cocktail hour or something. It has this hipster vibe that I just do not like. I want to see people, not struggle to find a chair If I walk in late....

Do I stay at the church because the preaching is really good, or do I leave? The lights make me crazy... lol
Am i just being weird and too picky?

Dear CoffeeDrinker; I like your sense of humor. Inquiring Mind, Godbe4Me and Major suggested you speak to the Pastor. Pastors are servants and listeners. You'll bless him by mentioning the light situation. Many first time visitors are blessed by the worship service but one thing may discourage them from coming back and the church leadership doesn't even know why.

May the Lord guide you for following your heart and attend your new church of worship. You are also blessing the new church family and the pastor as well. In time God will make obvious that you are led to worship and grow in your new church, and one day He will use you to be there for another brother or sister.

You're in my prayers, CoffeeDrinker.

Dear CoffeeDrinker; I like your sense of humor. Inquiring Mind, Godbe4Me and Major suggested you speak to the Pastor. Pastors are servants and listeners. You'll bless him by mentioning the light situation. Many first time visitors are blessed by the worship service but one thing may discourage them from coming back and the church leadership doesn't even know why.

May the Lord guide you for following your heart and attend your new church of worship. You are also blessing the new church family and the pastor as well. In time God will make obvious that you are led to worship and grow in your new church, and one day He will use you to be there for another brother or sister.

You're in my prayers, CoffeeDrinker.

I might speak with the pastor, but not right now. I do believe in timing and respect. The right time will come and then I can give my concerns about those stupid awful lights. ....lol

The preaching is the best I have heard in so long. I know it's where I belong until God says different.

I am attending one of their small house church meeting this Wed. I want to attend buts so out of my comfort zone. Please pray I just go. As Wed gets closer my excuses to not go are mounting in my head.

It's stupid on my part. I am an out going person but feel weird one on one. Makes me nervous. I say the most ridiculous goofy things when I am nervous.:confused:

I really like the church and I think I am ready to start meeting people and developing relationships. I just need prayer in getting in there. I say the most stupid things when I am nervous. I seriously think you could write a TV show based on my goofy weirdness.

Thanks so much for the prayers and support in sticking with the church and moving past the blue lights....... I can see how the enemy really has been trying so hard to keep me out of a good bible teaching church.

I know how new situations and new groups can be uncomfortable at first. Will be praying. My suggestion is to just let the others in the same group do most of the talking and get used to the group gradually. Also remember there are others there who likely feel as you do. The big thing is that as you focus on the Lord all else will come. It always takes a while to get to know one another in small groups but so worthwhile if you stick it out. :)

I might speak with the pastor, but not right now. I do believe in timing and respect. The right time will come and then I can give my concerns about those stupid awful lights. ....lol

The preaching is the best I have heard in so long. I know it's where I belong until God says different.

I am attending one of their small house church meeting this Wed. I want to attend buts so out of my comfort zone. Please pray I just go. As Wed gets closer my excuses to not go are mounting in my head.

It's stupid on my part. I am an out going person but feel weird one on one. Makes me nervous. I say the most ridiculous goofy things when I am nervous.:confused:

I would say to you that you are caught in the classic struggle between God and Satan. The Holy Spirit whispers in one ear what God wants you to do. Then the forces of Satan whisper in the other ear what he wants you to do and their you are in the middle of the age old struggle.

This happens to every one of us as the old nature which is sin never goes away and it can not be eradicated. So then we (You) must deal with it head on.

You just said........."I know it's where I belong until God says different". That is the Holy Spirit encouraging you.

Then you said......."It's stupid on my part. I am an out going person but feel weird one on one. Makes me nervous. I say the most ridiculous goofy things when I am nervous".

That is the demonic trying to influence you to stay away from the place and people you already know you need to be with. You are not stupid and you do not say stupid things. That is the demonic influence of the old nature trying to harm you by telling you that you are not worthy to be a child of God.

What to do what to do???? Do what God said!!!!! He is on your side. He is for you and He will never do wrong to you. He will lift you up and show you where to be and who to be with. Listen to Him, follow Him.

Rebuke the spirit that is whispering to you to disobey God's direction and do it in Jesus name. Pull up your spirit, tighten your belt and go out and do the thing God told you to do.

I know how new situations and new groups can be uncomfortable at first. Will be praying. My suggestion is to just let the others in the same group do most of the talking and get used to the group gradually. Also remember there are others there who likely feel as you do. The big thing is that as you focus on the Lord all else will come. It always takes a while to get to know one another in small groups but so worthwhile if you stick it out. :)

Excellent advice!.

I would say to you that you are caught in the classic struggle between God and Satan. The Holy Spirit whispers in one ear what God wants you to do. Then the forces of Satan whisper in the other ear what he wants you to do and their you are in the middle of the age old struggle.

This happens to every one of us as the old nature which is sin never goes away and it can not be eradicated. So then we (You) must deal with it head on.

You just said........."I know it's where I belong until God says different". That is the Holy Spirit encouraging you.

Then you said......."It's stupid on my part. I am an out going person but feel weird one on one. Makes me nervous. I say the most ridiculous goofy things when I am nervous".

That is the demonic trying to influence you to stay away from the place and people you already know you need to be with. You are not stupid and you do not say stupid things. That is the demonic influence of the old nature trying to harm you by telling you that you are not worthy to be a child of God.

What to do what to do???? Do what God said!!!!! He is on your side. He is for you and He will never do wrong to you. He will lift you up and show you where to be and who to be with. Listen to Him, follow Him.

Rebuke the spirit that is whispering to you to disobey God's direction and do it in Jesus name. Pull up your spirit, tighten your belt and go out and do the thing God told you to do.

I will go tomorrow evening. I know I need to go. Funny how the enemy of this world distracts us from doing what we need to do.
Someone text me early this morning and said I could stop by tomorrow after work and pick up an exercise bike I am buying from them. I responded with Thursday would be better because I want to attend bible study Wed after work. In my heart I know to go, but I keep feeling insecure about going, but I am going to make myself go. There are several house / home bible studies in the area from my church. This may not be the exact group for me, but I will never know unless I visit. I am going. I keep telling myself this and slowly the voice that tells me not to go is getting more quiet. Crazy how all this works and the enemy whispers such nonsense to us.

I will go tomorrow evening. I know I need to go. Funny how the enemy of this world distracts us from doing what we need to do.
Someone text me early this morning and said I could stop by tomorrow after work and pick up an exercise bike I am buying from them. I responded with Thursday would be better because I want to attend bible study Wed after work. In my heart I know to go, but I keep feeling insecure about going, but I am going to make myself go. There are several house / home bible studies in the area from my church. This may not be the exact group for me, but I will never know unless I visit. I am going. I keep telling myself this and slowly the voice that tells me not to go is getting more quiet. Crazy how all this works and the enemy whispers such nonsense to us.

Good for you..........now do not give in to that negative stuff!

Thanks. There is only one thing more challenging than being new to a group and that is being the facilitator of one! :)

Apparently you have been involved in forum work or moderating at some point. I appreciate your advice and presentations.

I also hope that you are feeling better from your personal loss.

May the Lord bless you and keep you safe.

Apparently you have been involved in forum work or moderating at some point. I appreciate your advice and presentations.

I also hope that you are feeling better from your personal loss.

May the Lord bless you and keep you safe.
Much more than forums..mostly bible studies and other small groups. Besides I was once a teacher. :)

Much better, thanks. It has been a good and busy week here.

Much more than forums..mostly bible studies and other small groups. Besides I was once a teacher. :)

Much better, thanks. It has been a good and busy week here.

Teachers are gifted and called into those jobs. Not everyone can do that kind of work. I love kids, but now that my son is out of college I find kids get on my nerves.... lol I will be a wonderful grandma one day, though. For now, other peoples children get on my nerves a tad bit.... lol

Teachers are gifted and called into those jobs. Not everyone can do that kind of work. I love kids, but now that my son is out of college I find kids get on my nerves.... lol I will be a wonderful grandma one day, though. For now, other peoples children get on my nerves a tad bit.... lol
Thanks, I did teach kids but mainly adults. They also can be challenging but so worthwhile to work with. :) I am a grandma with both of my grandkids in college now.

Back