1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Christ's Second Coming And Timing Of The Rapture?

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by 福井舞, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. does anyone here think we will be the generation to see Christ's return.

and what is your view on the timing of the rapture

do you think it will happen before during or after the 7 years of tribulation?

2. My own personal thought on this as I see the condition of the Church today as not being ready for his coming. I do not think in my life time it will happen. Maybe my grandkids might see it. We do know that when Jesus returns for his Church he will come as a thief in the night, but that day will not overtake us as a thief because we are not the children of the darkness or of the night. We are the children of the light and of the day.
    It is real hard to plan a surprise party for someone who lives in the same house as you do.

1Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
    1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
    1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
  3. Yeah it'll probably happen in the next year or so..
  4. Lol. I hope so
  5. Here is what I find interesting.. When the wrath of God really starts to unfold look how these people will treat our Lord:

"They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him."

They knew what God was doing and still refused to repent??? WOW!
  6. Probably has something to do with the mark of the beast. Considering those who take it literally CANNOT be saved.
  7. Yeah I could see a mentality or belief going along with it
  8. I'm sure you'll be flooded with all kinds of idea, thoughts, suggestions, interpretations, but prophecy is not for private interpretation. We can try to pull all the pieces of the puzzle together and attempt to make a picture of the end-time events, but I've never heard anyone ever say what the trigger is. What event will cause the end? Sin? No, it's been around since Adam. Personally I say it's Israel, and here is the scripture for it:

Isaiah 34:8 (KJV)
    For [it is] the day of the LORD'S vengeance, [and] the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Zechariah 12:3 (KJV)
    And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

None of this could have been completed until Israel became a nation, and that happened in May 14, 1948. Today, Zech 12:3 is happening; just look at any world news paper and "Israel" is in the news. How can a nation so small be on everyone's radar? It's not natural, it's spiritual. Then something will happen to Jerusalem and God Himself will bring the day of the Lord's vengeance.

As to the rapture, well, I believe God wouldn't allow His bride, the church, to go through wrath since we are not appointed to wrath.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 (KJV)
    For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Just my thoughts...
  9. Yes, I believe we are the generation that will see the return of the Lord. The early Christians taught that the 6 days of creation were both literal and prophetic. They said that man would continue under the curse for six thousand years. God said that His Spirit would not always strive with man but that his days would be 120 years (cycles). He said that on a Jubilee year which was every 50 years, 120 Jubilees is 6000 years. There is more evidence that could be cited if you need more.

The rapture will happen after the tribulation
  10. Considering all the prophecies that have come to pass concerning the imminence of the coming of Christ, I believe that the rapture can happen in my lifetime or within the next 25 years, with Christ's return seven years after that. I have believed that since I was about 10 years old, and nothing has deterred it yet. In fact the signs of His coming have stepped up markedly ever since.

As for the rapture---I believe firmly that it will happen before the time of the Tribulation, the events of which are for the unbelieving world, not the Church. After the seven years of Tribulation, a time that Jesus says will see trouble like no other time ever before, He will come and He will bring us, the saints, with Him. (It's kind of hard to bring someone with you if they aren't with you at the time of departure!)

11. Maybe this verse will get it started it, maybe Israel will nuke Syria?

"A prophecy against Damascus: "See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins."
  12. This is the one outstanding prophecy I am waiting on and watching for. What with the violence and massacres taking place by the vile regime there, it cannot be far off.
  13. My two cents. Israel endured all the plagues. The blood of the Passover lamb covered them and they were saved. The blood of Jesus will cover us and we will be kept safe.

Matthew 13:24-30 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed (children of the kingdom) in his field; (world, creation) But while men slept, his enemy (Satan) came and sowed tares (evil seed) among the wheat (good seed), and went his way. But when the blade (the first fruits from creation, the beginning) was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. (Evil seed that was sown after God had planted the good seed.) So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this (Satan). The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them (The tares) up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them (the wheat is NOT to be disturbed). Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them: (The Word of God says, the evil are gathered FIRST, not one single good seed has been up rooted or gathered AT ANY TIME. The righteous were not gathered until after the tares were cast into the fire; then comes the wheat.) but gather the wheat into my barn.
  14. Yeah I've been watching this one too. I think a few weeks ago the news said Israel attacked some of Syrias military vehicles. But it was at the bottom of the news section in small writing.
  15. My thought is YES. The generation born beginning with May 14, 1948 will be alive to see the 2nd Coming of Jesus.

I believe the Rapture will take place immediately after a 7 year peace treaty is completed between Israel and the Revived Roman Empire.

That will happen before the 7 year Trib.
    Euphemia likes this.
  16. #16 Major, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Question.........IF the Rapture takes place after the Tribulation Period, what then is its purpose.

In light of 1 Thessalonians 5:9, Paul assures us that God has not appointed His people to wrath. This wrath is plainly God's anger that will be poured out during the tribulation.

Since that is Biblically the case, then how do you explain the Rapture taking place AFTER the Tribulation?
  17. To gather the saints. There's going to be a battle between the kings of the earth and the Christ of God. Jesus stated plainly that the gather of the saints would be after the tribulation.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (Mat 24:1 KJV)
  18. Yes, there will be a great gathering after the Tribulation, because the Bride will be coming back with Jesus to set up His earthly Kingdom.
  19. Here is a quote from the epistle of Barnabas,

Chapter 15. — The false and the true Sabbath.
    Further, also, it is written concerning the Sabbath in the Decalogue which [the Lord] spoke, face to face, to Moses on Mount Sinai, “And sanctify ye the Sabbath of the Lord with clean hands and a pure heart.” And He says in another place, “If my sons keep the Sabbath, then will I cause my mercy to rest upon them.” The Sabbath is mentioned at the beginning of the creation [thus]: “And God made in six days the works of His hands, and made an end on the seventh day, and rested on it, and sanctified it.” Attend, my children, to the meaning of this expression, “He finished in six days.” This implieth that the Lord will finish all things in six thousand years, for a day is with Him a thousand years. And He Himself testifieth, saying, “Behold, to-day will be as a thousand years.” Therefore, my children, in six days, that is, in six thousand years, all things will be finished. “And He rested on the seventh day.” This meaneth: when His Son, coming [again], shall destroy the time of the wicked man, and judge the ungodly, and change the-sun, and the moon, and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day.

Early Church Fathers - – Ante-Nicene Fathers: The Writings of the Fathers Down To A.D. 325.
  20. Coming back? From where?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.