Christian Rights Vs Gay Rights

I don't see how the cake would further their homosexual lifestyle. I don't think going home without a cake slowed them down any.

It's an accessory to the fact. Now, you never answered my previous question; would you draw a pentagram on a cake that will be served at an occult celebration? I'm just trying to figure out when your conscience says 'nope'.

It's an accessory to the fact. Now, you never answered my previous question; would you draw a pentagram on a cake that will be served at an occult celebration? I'm just trying to figure out when your conscience says 'nope'.

Baking the cake is one thing. Putting ungodly things on the cake is another. The answer is no but I wouldn't put that stuff on the cake for anyone.

I would have baked the cake but I would not have put two plastic men on it.

I understand your point but at the end of the day it's not my fault or sin if someone else lives an ungodly lifestyle.

Baking the cake is one thing. Putting ungodly things on the cake is another. The answer is no but I wouldn't put that stuff on the cake for anyone.

I would have baked the cake but I would not have put two plastic men on it.

I understand your point but at the end of the day it's not my fault or sin if someone else lives an ungodly lifestyle.

I understand what you mean, brother. If it's ignorance to the fact, that's one thing. But knowing full well what it's for and doing it anyway is quite another, IMO. Something to ponder...you said that you wouldn't put something ungodly on a cake that you made, but you are essentially putting the cake on something ungodly by decorating their wedding with it.

I understand what you mean, brother. If it's ignorance to the fact, that's one thing. But knowing full well what it's for and doing it anyway is quite another, IMO. Something to ponder...you said that you wouldn't put something ungodly on a cake that you made, but you are essentially putting the cake on something ungodly by decorating their wedding with it.

Sometimes it's hard to choose the right thing to do in the world we live in. I guess each man has to stand by his convictions and live with whatever consequences come with it.

I've been bothered by this as well. Business owners should be able to choose who to deny entry onto their property. That being said, if I owned a business I would never deny gays entry. I don't think it's showing Christ's love to say certain sinners aren't welcome.

I don't think you have thought this all the way through.
If everybody had the right to refuse service to people they did not like, our society would be unlivable. Just contemplate the plight of a dark-skinned person in an enlightened state like, say, Mississippi if this was the law of the land.
What would that be like?
Well, actually we know what it would be like if we can be bothered to open a history book.

I don't think you have thought this all the way through.
If everybody had the right to refuse service to people they did not like, our society would be unlivable. Just contemplate the plight of a dark-skinned person in an enlightened state like, say, Mississippi if this was the law of the land.
What would that be like?
Well, actually we know what it would be like if we can be bothered to open a history book.
To play devil's advocate, don't businesses rely on the consumer?

Some of you could be surprised at what bakeries sell. I had the unhappy experience of needing to go back where cakes are decorated in a small local bakery and got an unwanted education. Always loved that bakery until that day, but I every time I thought of returning, I ended up doing something else. Never went back. Now, it's closed.

I appreciate the bakery's standing up for what the owner believes. Sometimes, we have to do that. And it makes me wonder how far we ought to take that. If the baker knows the cake is for an adulterous relationship, draw the line? We seem to have far more tolerance for adultery than for homosexuality, but both are sins.

I am facing a bit of a conundrum right now of what I think is adultery. Do I attend the wedding? I told my friend that I could only attend if it is understood that I am only attending as a friend, not supporting the union, because I am confused about if it is right.

By the way where does the idea that there is a special "right" for the person that has a sexual perversion, come from?
And why is this issue being brought up over and over?

Some of you could be surprised at what bakeries sell. I had the unhappy experience of needing to go back where cakes are decorated in a small local bakery and got an unwanted education. Always loved that bakery until that day, but I every time I thought of returning, I ended up doing something else. Never went back. Now, it's closed.

I appreciate the bakery's standing up for what the owner believes. Sometimes, we have to do that. And it makes me wonder how far we ought to take that. If the baker knows the cake is for an adulterous relationship, draw the line? We seem to have far more tolerance for adultery than for homosexuality, but both are sins.

I am facing a bit of a conundrum right now of what I think is adultery. Do I attend the wedding? I told my friend that I could only attend if it is understood that I am only attending as a friend, not supporting the union, because I am confused about if it is right.

It is never what WE think something is, it is what God says that matters.

Adultery according to the Bible is ANY SEX outside of the bonds of marriage.

Then marriage according to the Bible is ONE MAN united to ONE WOMAN forever!

By the way where does the idea that there is a special "right" for the person that has a sexual perversion, come from?
And why is this issue being brought up over and over?

I believe that it is because the homosexuals in the world have money. They never have to pay for children, their cloths, food, health cares, cars, and education. All their income is focused upon them and their agenda.

That money is then transferred into power. Power of the press, TV, radio and politics.

That power then pushes the envelope of morality so that what they as homosexuals practice can become a "normal" way of life.
(According to hem, not me).

I believe that it is because the homosexuals in the world have money. They never have to pay for children, their cloths, food, health cares, cars, and education. All their income is focused upon them and their agenda.

That money is then transferred into power. Power of the press, TV, radio and politics.

That power then pushes the envelope of morality so that what they as homosexuals practice can become a "normal" way of life.
(According to hem, not me).
No doubt there is a connection with money, but there seems to be some spiritual forces at work that have been restrained in the past (in America) but now seem to have been given power to blind the minds and conscience of many. Before Germany fell into the radical passions of Nazism they was a growing and expanding gay culture, most all the leaders of the Nazi party were gay, masculine gays! They drew very much from the gay warrior culture of the Greeks. There have been a couple of really good books written on this in recent years, and they prove beyond doubt that the Nazi party was basically a gay warrior cult...

It is never what WE think something is, it is what God says that matters.
Agreed.

Adultery according to the Bible is ANY SEX outside of the bonds of marriage.
Agreed.

Then marriage according to the Bible is ONE MAN united to ONE WOMAN forever!
Having come from a church that taught that there is absolutely NO reason for divorce and remarriage, I understand what you are writing; however, I do not agree with that stance. I believe that there are some circumstances for which divorce and even remarriage are acceptable because of the hardness of someone's heart. I need to restudy the subject.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Having come from a church that taught that there is absolutely NO reason for divorce and remarriage, I understand what you are writing; however, I do not agree with that stance. I believe that there are some circumstances for which divorce and even remarriage are acceptable because of the hardness of someone's heart. I need to restudy the subject.

I agree completely with you.

Now look at what I said again........"Then marriage according to the Bible is ONE MAN united to ONE WOMAN forever!"

That IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. There is of course extenuating circumstances IMHO which I in fact believe God ordaines.

God does not expect a woman or man to live with a mate who refuses to be faithful or a woman who is beaten over and over by her husband. There are some reason that I believe a divorce is acceptable but they are not what the Bible says.

No doubt there is a connection with money, but there seems to be some spiritual forces at work that have been restrained in the past (in America) but now seem to have been given power to blind the minds and conscience of many. Before Germany fell into the radical passions of Nazism they was a growing and expanding gay culture, most all the leaders of the Nazi party were gay, masculine gays! They drew very much from the gay warrior culture of the Greeks. There have been a couple of really good books written on this in recent years, and they prove beyond doubt that the Nazi party was basically a gay warrior cult...

True. Hitler and Himmler were very deep into the occult.

They were always looking for artifacts that had some kind of power that would help them in the cause.

There are some reason that I believe a divorce is acceptable but they are not what the Bible says.
First, just so you'll know, I am SO not interested in arguing. :) But would you tell me your intentions in this sentence? Do you believe, for example, that the Bible gives no legitimate reason for divorce?

First, just so you'll know, I am SO not interested in arguing. :) But would you tell me your intentions in this sentence? Do you believe, for example, that the Bible gives no legitimate reason for divorce?

Be glad to...........

The Bible is explicit about divorce and remarriage. In the Old Testament, Moses permitted a man to obtain a divorce on just about any grounds.

Deut. 24:1-4 says............
"If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the Lord. Do not bring sin upon the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance".

Later on, in the New Testament, when Jesus was asked about divorce, He replied that Moses gave permission to divorce because of the hardness of their hearts. He said that in the beginning it was not this way. Jesus continued in Matt. 19:4-6..................
"Haven't you read that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh?" So they are no longer two but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate".

God will give anyone great help in sustaining a marriage relationship or in the reconciliation of estranged marriage partners. In extreme cases, there are only two grounds for divorce and remarriage.
When adultery has take place, a divorce can be obtained, because adultery has already severed the marriage relationship and divorce is a formal acknowledgment of what has already taken place.

The apostle Paul added to the teachings of Jesus what is called the "Pauline privilege." According to this concept, Paul taught that if an unbelieving spouse leaves a believer, the believer is not bound to the marriage relationship, but is free to remarry" (1 Corinthians 7:15). And some people recognize such a thing as a "constructive desertion," which would be when a husband so brutalizes his wife that it is impossible to live with him any longer; or when a wife has so harassed, or brutalized her husband that it becomes impossible for him to stay with her. When that happens, whether or not the person actually moves out, the situation is the equivalent of desertion, and divorce and remarriage are permissible.

Now, having been around for a long time, I can tell you that there are many other reasons for divorce.

I hope this a help to you.​

Thank you. I am dealing with a friend who has been asked for a divorce. What horrifies me is while the divorce is merely at the beginning of possibly being defined as pending, one of them has already moved on and is talking marriage with someone new.

Thank you. I am dealing with a friend who has been asked for a divorce. What horrifies me is while the divorce is merely at the beginning of possibly being defined as pending, one of them has already moved on and is talking marriage with someone new.
I blame the microwave! :D

I'm serious. I find that people today are so bent on getting what they want instantly that they cannot hear God to be able to make themselves perfect, which takes time, Hebrews 6-7. So as with shoes many find that their marriage is worn out and needs to be replaced. Since they have no time to dedicate themselves to prayer and meditation, they are continual babes in Christ, if "christians" at all, so how can they dedicate themselve to their spouse - their very own flesh. Very sad.

That is sad, but it is also life. People fall into LUST very easily and uselly, before the divorce is final.

Back