Christian Rights Vs Gay Rights

Actually you are probably trying to mock me for what I said, but I think that would have been a good idea. Wickedness hates the light, and wants no part of it.
Not mocking at all. I would love to see it. How would you sue on that basis?

Not mocking at all. I would love to see it. How would you sue on that basis?

Like the Apostle Paul said, "I was alive once until the commandment came then sin revived and I died"
Sin lays dormant in the heart until the Word of God comes and then it springs back to life. No wonder everyone tries to escape when someone is speaking the Word of God to them. I thought it was just me.

That's a great idea. When the gay couple order the cake, just invite the Spirit in and have a prayer meeting, get the Bible out, and share scripture with the lost souls. Either save their souls, or they will leave so fast the air will get sucked out of the room. Can I get an AMEN?!?!!
LOL. Amen!

Christian Rights Vs Gay Rights

The thread title is in jeopardy?

For church-rights and gay-rights are relative in the confines of arbitrary inductive reason, and fall short for the assertoric criterion for natural rights.

With kind suggestion, here are two new titles to consider

“Individual property rights vs. Incompatible demands by gay consumer”

or in opposite if the tables were turned

“Individual property rights vs. Incompatible demands by Christian consumer”

for me, there is no such thing as "Christian right"

we chose to forfeit our right the moment we decide to follow the Lord.

the question should be, are we are on the side of God or are we not.
In the US we do have rights, at least for now. We have a right to free speech.

Had it been a gay bakery refusing to sell to a Christian couple because of their belief, would anyone here defend the bakery's rights to refuse, despite his bigotry?

I guess it should not be of any surprise as the whole world lies in wickedness and is under the control of the wicked one.

Had it been a gay bakery refusing to sell to a Christian couple because of their belief, would anyone here defend the bakery's rights to refuse, despite his bigotry?
Well big deference between a issue of religious belief and a sexual perversion in the system of rights that we uphold in the U.S..or at least it has been until this resent nonsense that perversion should be promoted and granted special rights.

Well big deference between a issue of religious belief and a sexual perversion in the system of rights that we uphold in the U.S..or at least it has been until this resent nonsense that perversion should be promoted and granted special rights.

Indeed.
What I mean is would you force or side with those forcing the gay bakery to bake the cake for the Christian couple?

sinners have the right to live, and they have the right to breath, and they certainly have the right to not be treated like Jews under Nazi regime during and before WW2.

what is really interesting is not all this talk about homosexuality is sin , which it is , it is this intense, personal hatred towards those who practice this particular sin.

I agree with you.
I suspect people might argue against your comparison since tyrannical regimes are often practices out of selfishness where as people might want to restrict gay activity in looking out for the gay individuals' souls (whether that's right or not, that would be the argument).

That said,
as a Christian, I could never support a theocracy as I believe in free will. And I believe in free will because God believes in it. Does that mean he believes there are no wrongs or rights? Of course not -- there are wrongs and rights, but we all have the right to choose right or wrong.

I do hate the sin. I hate all sin and when I sin im harder on myself. The difference between homosexuality and other sins, is there is an agenda. This agenda is to make Christians look like gay haters and bigots. We are to follow the law of the united states as long as it doesn't go against our faith. In the bakers situation he offered to make the couple something else just not the cake. And before you claim im a gay hater my wife has a gay foster kid who dresses like a woman. We both treat him with love. But he knows our beliefs and understands he cant come around our son dressed like a woman.

protective status, what do you mean?

I am not all that up to date with the development in the US, but the last time I checked, they were still fighting to not be discriminated in places of employment as well anti bullying policies in school, while it is the Christian community that were on opposing side.

In those situations, their requests were completely legitimate.

Just like a person should not be discriminated from being hired simply because they hold a non Christian beliefs, whether it is Muslim, Buddhist, or Mormons,

Obviously there are exceptions, such as ordainment of gay minsters, but that is an exception only because a gay minister who does not agree with word of God can not fulfil his job description of leading the flock.

as for anti bullying policy within school, that should be self explanatory, given the suicide rate among gay teens.

It depends on the situation and where you live. For example, employers in a lot of places throughout the U.S. (for now) can still discriminate against sexual orientation and gender identity. When I say 'protected class', this refers to discrimination. A person cannot discriminate against another based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, disability, veteran or genetic information. I haven't read the lawsuit against the bakers so I'm not sure if Colorado has a law against discriminating against someone based on their sexual orientation.

You're under the assumption that it was a 'Christian' bakery, which I don't think was the case. It was a normal bakery with owners who have strong Christian beliefs. What does a 'gay' bakery mean?

if mainstream Christians get accused as homophobes, then I think we have to look at what we are doing, and take responsibility for our part in this.

This is what makes me chuckle a bit at times, the word 'homophobe', which means to have a fear of homosexuals. Herein lies the confusion. Christians (dare I say most) do not 'fear' homosexuals, that would mean we fear sin. What we do fear (and should fear) is God, for "the fear of the Lord - that is wisdom and to shun evil is understanding" Job 28:28.

sinners have the right to live, and they have the right to breath, and they certainly have the right to not be treated like Jews under Nazi regime during and before WW2.

what is really interesting is not all this talk about homosexuality is sin , which it is , it is this intense, personal hatred towards those who practice this particular sin.

Indeed sinners have the right to live, they cannot be saved once they're dead. Are you really comparing homosexuals to the Jews during the Nazi regime? Shame on you!

How is combating a media and other organizations pushing this sin to be normalized considered hate? That in an of itself of pushing people further away from God, that is not love my brother. Combating the normalization of this sin to open peoples eyes and to turn them toward Christ is love. This is indeed a passionate subject and some Christians lose sight of love in their attempt to bring sinners toward God which can turn into hate, in no way am I saying that's not sometimes the case.

Actually talking about it isn't a sin. Talking about a person who is gay and gossiping about it would be a sin. And who here has a personal hatred toward a person who sins? Don't make statements without backing it up with facts.

You're under the assumption that it was a 'Christian' bakery, which I don't think was the case. It was a normal bakery with owners who have strong Christian beliefs. What does a 'gay' bakery mean?
No, I'm not -- but the owner did admit hat his reasoning was which was Christian based. I'm giving a hypothetical.

Back