Christian Rights Vs Gay Rights

Isn't baking a cake subject to WHAT it's for not WHO it's for? Why couldn't they make that argument as the owners were willing to bake them a cake for something else other than a same sex wedding? For example, I'm assuming they would also deny to make a cake that was pro abortion, alcoholism, witchcraft, etc. I don't think it would then be considered discrimination if they looked at the WHAT instead of the WHO.

You make a good point. You could be a lawyer

I think it would still be hard to prove, unless they secretly recorded him, which they would not be able to use as evidence in court.

Lots of businesses discriminate all the time, and get away with it. For example when I use to DJ, some owners would say "It's getting too dark." That was a code for don't play anymore hip hop music so certain groups of people would leave. I stopped DJing for clubs, now I only dj for churches.

Or I know some people who rent out property and will not rent to certain groups, homosexuals included. They will never say the real reason. They just say they don't qualify or they had already picked someone else.

Proving any of this in court I think would be almost impossible.
In Georgia you can record anything as long as one of the people being recorded knows. That means you can record every conversation you have and it would be legal to use in court.

I prefer not to cuss, but I don't think it's a sin.
Me either, but I know a lot of people do. What about people that gossip? We all know the people. The ones that never shut up talking about everyone else's business. Should we tell them they can't eat in our restaurant until they've cleaned their heart and mind of all that crud?

If just doesn't make sense to single one type of sinner out and treat them differently than every other sinner.

Me either, but I know a lot of people do. What about people that gossip? We all know the people. The ones that never shut up talking about everyone else's business. Should we tell them they can't eat in our restaurant until they've cleaned their heart and mind of all that crud?

If just doesn't make sense to single one type of sinner out and treat them differently than every other sinner.

That's why it should be treated as WHAT the service is for not WHO the service is for in this case.

I'll go back and comment on your cussing example. I could see someone saying no I'm not going to write the F word on a cake.

I think there is a difference between serving someone dinner and supporting their gay beliefs. As a martial arts instructor I would teach a gay individual. I'm not supporting their sin by doing this. Now if a person came in and I knew he was a wife beater, I would refuse to teach him. They are both sinners so should I instruct both of them?

Back