1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by smellycat, Feb 29, 2008.

1. children

if you do not show children good things ,there is no future.
  2. ...and sometimes "good" can hurt.

Example: It was on the news last week (anybody see it?) where a kid kept on stealing money from his parents' wallets. So the parents made him go and stand at an intersection, holding a sign that read: "I stole money from my mom and dad!"

Some people were angry about it and said the child should be taken away...but I think: Right on!

Better to have the kid hurt now than to grow up in constant pain. I applaud the parents for doing the right thing. It's going to make the kid a better person when he grows up; knowing that if he does anything wrong, there's consequences to face.:)
  3. no your missing the point showing them how good works.
  4. I like that, wish I thought of it... Their's this one kid, he would have a Billboard :D
  5. I've graduated from a billboard to a sandwich-board sign.:eek:

(sorry if I missed the point, Smelly...let me ponder it some more, mmkay? I know there's a message there to learn by. :) )
  6. Amen Mike!
    Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
  7. :D yeah, I saw this too...made my kids watch. A glimpse of other mom's punishment ideas...a good thing! :D