Charis Has Been Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're the only ones you listen to?

BTW you never answered my question to you in post #86.

They are the only ones I really listen to as people God has actually placed in my life to teach and lead me. That is why God wants us to be a part of the local church, and why He gifts people to become leaders.

He wants to lead you, too, and will use His people specially anointed to lead to do so.

They are the only ones I really listen to as people God has actually placed in my life to teach and lead me. that is why God wants us to be a part of the local church, and why He gifts people to become leaders.
So there's nobody here that God has placed in your life to teach you? No gifted people?

Don't you find this problem to be rampant, though? Misrepresentation of Catholicism is like a disease. And radical fundamentalist websites seem to be the worst for it.

“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”- Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Indeed. I've referenced this quote before because I agree 100% -- it can be very stressful because many times I've tried to offer explanation so that if one chooses to continue to attack it, they at least know what it is they are attacking.

The best I can do is continue to evangelize, defend, and most importantly, do it in the name of charity.

It is only your opinion, one of a non-Catholic at that, that there is misrepresentation going on. CARM has scholarly members and staffers who actually know the word and produce proof for the understanding that they have. I don't agree with all that CARM produces, but they do the right thing, which is to support their thoughts with scripture.

I do agree with Peace that there is a misrepresentation, at least from the parts I reviewed. It didn't take long to find them.

Indeed. I've referenced this quote before because I agree 100% -- it can be very stressful because many times I've tried to offer explanation so that if one chooses to continue to attack it, they at least know what it is they are attacking.

The best I can do is continue to evangelize, defend, and most importantly, do it in the name of charity.

Well, I think you do very well in those endeavours. IMHO.

That is why never the twain shall meet for most. As believers, we need to come together on the authority of God's written word to the world.

I agree that the written Word is where Catholics and Protestants have that common ground. Catholics and Protestants equally believe in the complete validity of the Scriptures.

I agree that the written Word is where Catholics and Protestants have that common ground. Catholics and Protestants equally believe in the complete validity of the Scriptures.

I will hold you to that! How about the authority of scripture? We all know they are valid.

You can quote me any time you like! You can call me anything you want to, but just do not call me late to the supper table!
I'm trying to get Euphemia to confirm her agreement with a statement you made:
Agreed.......but always remember Romans 14:5
"One man esteemeth one day above another, another esteemth every day alike; let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind".

We are all at different levels of understanding and growth. The trick is to not condemn or judge others who do not believe as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back