Challenge

Challenge

This week in my studies, one of the exercises I had to do was to pray blessings over my enemies. I sat down and tried to write down all my enemies, which I struggled with as I dont have many. I fact I could not think of one. I said to God " I am not perfect so I must have enemies, please show me who they are". Well all of a sudden peoples faces came into my head, some I have not seen in many years and I remembered what they had done to me. I prayed for them and afterwards I had a sudden release of forgiveness which I have not really felt before.

I challlenge every christian on this site to take some time and pray for your enemies, try and be very specific. Pray especially for their salvation and the extension of Gods kingdom. God will bless you through this!

Mat 5:43 You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."
Mat 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,
Mat 5:45 so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47 And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax-collectors do so?
Mat 5:48 Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

This week in my studies, one of the exercises I had to do was to pray blessings over my enemies. I sat down and tried to write down all my enemies, which I struggled with as I dont have many. I fact I could not think of one. I said to God " I am not perfect so I must have enemies, please show me who they are". Well all of a sudden peoples faces came into my head, some I have not seen in many years and I remembered what they had done to me. I prayed for them and afterwards I had a sudden release of forgiveness which I have not really felt before.

I challlenge every christian on this site to take some time and pray for your enemies, try and be very specific. Pray especially for their salvation and the extension of Gods kingdom. God will bless you through this!

Mat 5:43 You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."
Mat 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,
Mat 5:45 so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47 And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax-collectors do so?

A good word friend. I try to make a point daily to forgive my enemies and pray the blessing of salvation over them.

I challenge every christian on this site to take some time and pray for your enemies, try and be very specific. Pray especially for their salvation and the extension of Gods kingdom. God will bless you through this!

That is good my brother. Thank you...:pray:

Wouldn't it be good if people loved their enemies and prayed for them, not out of a sense of duty, nor out of a desire for reward. But out of a genuine understanding of their enemies as being faulty human beings like themselves. Out of a true hope that their enemies will be forgiven by God for their wrongdoings. Just as we have been forgiven through the love of the Messiah Jesus.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Back