Celebration of a Life

Discussion in 'Praise Reports / Testimonials' started by sandpiper, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Today I so thank the Lord for helping us put together a service for my husband. It was really a coming together of many people to honor a man they loved. And God was glorified! One thing that really blessed me was that a couple (friends of ours) had a friend make a cross out of horseshoes. This was because not only was my husband a fine Christian but he was also an enthusiastic horse shoe player, even won a couple tournaments five years ago. He was able to keep playing with his horseshoe club until a year ago when his illness prevented that. It is really heavy so I am hanging it in the kitchen on a hook which has a cardinal on top of it. Here is how it was set up as they entered the chapel for the funeral. ronhorseshoecros.jpg

CoffeeDrinker, Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  2. The Fish symbol bent into them is Awesome !!
    Blessings
    FCJ

Cturtle likes this.
  3. Glory to God! For a great service... and for a journey complete.. because he finished his course, and kept the faith... and for the matchless grace of the Father for taking such good care of you All! :)

Thank you for sharing this good praise report

You and your family will continue to be in our prayers

sandpiper and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  4. I know and that it is all in the shape of a cross...so well done! Hand made. Three of the people from the horseshoe club were there including the president and secretary..it was such a blessing for them to see it. Very nice keepsake from thoughtful and loving friends.

Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  5. Thanks so much. :)

Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  6. I have been busy and not on this site for a while. It sounds like your husband passed away. I am terribly sorry for your loss, but I know as a christian you are happy for him to have a perfect body now and to be with Christ. That's such a huge blessing. I will be praying for you and your family. If you need anything, please let me know.

sandpiper likes this.
  7. Hi Coffee, yes, he died 9/11/17. We had the memorial service last Saturday and it was a wonderful send-off. Yes, I know he is home with the Lord and I have so many memories of when he was still well. I know he is whole again and look forward to the next encounter. Meanwhile, just pray for me to get necessary transactions taken care of as I seek God's will and way for me now. Thanks.

CoffeeDrinker likes this.