Cause and Effect

Discussion in 'Fellowship Time' started by Complete, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Sitting in my bed this morning, I heard my husband closing a door downstairs, and at the same time my curtains fluttered. So sensitive is the movement of air that distance is covered in the blink of an eye, and like the effect of a pebble being thrown into a stream so the action in one place affects the events in another.

The application of this is interesting to consider in regard to so many things, Isn't it? Thinking in relation to the turbulence caused, at the present time, by world events. One man in a position of power and influence, can shake the political stability of nations world-wide. Similarly within the sphere of our own much smaller sphere of influence, how careful we should be regarding our walk and witness and the use to which we apply our tongues.

In Christ Jesus
    Chris

Abdicate and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  2. #2 Complete, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Hello again,

Thanking the Lord for the entrance of His Word upon my mind this morning, I thought of it's influence within us, for the entrance of His Word brings light, and fills the whole of our bodies with the effect of it's radiance. The effect is peace and assurance, and a gratitude which spills over in love and praise.

Praise God!

'Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven' (quoted imperfectly I'm afraid, by a heart which is rejoicing in His provision ) Works flow out through us from the doctrine worked in us by the Holy Spirit.

What a wonderful ripple effect of His making !

In Christ Jesus
    Chris

Cturtle and adonaicole say Amen and like this.
  3. As I think about what you hve shared, He (The Holy Spirit) prompts me to remember that if we don't act on that light that He has given us, then it will just become an emotional moment in time, that will be quickly stolen from the enemy, who will try to bring about situations to steal what we just received. Just like in the parable of the sower (mark 4) says.

It's interesting to me that with the choice to serve Him or not comes great responsibility. And every moment is a choice to receive and act upon the Word that God has so graciously sown into our hearts. To guard it with such an intense grip, that we never do let it go. The enemy will always try in any way possible through his tricks and schemes to rob us of every blessing God has in store for us.

Only by fighting the good fight of faith, can we be sure to lay hold of every promise He has given us.

Blessings and thank you

Fish Catcher Jim and Complete say Amen and like this.
  4. Thank you for sharing these thoughts, Cturtle.

Cturtle likes this.
  5. You should do a little research and check out Katrina dates against Gaza pullout dates. Amazing cause and effect.

6. #6 Complete, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Hi Abdicate,

I'm afraid that you will have to help me here, can you point me in the right direction please to make this comparison.

* Wait I'm getting there - Katrina August 25th 2005 / Gaza strip withdrawal August 2005.
    ..Hmmmm.... I need your input now, please Abdicate

This takes my OP into another dimension.

Thank you.
    In Christ Jesus
    Chris

7. From my study:

I urge you to pay attention to cause and effect, especially concerning the United States and Israel. Here is a perfect example:

• 8 Aug 2005: U.S. pressures Israel to pull out of Gaza
    • 15 Aug 2005: Israel begins to pull out of Gaza forcing settlers out
    • 23 Aug 2005: Hurricane Katrina forms
    • 24 Aug 2005: Israel pullout completes Gaza withdrawal
    • 24 Aug 2005: U.S. pressures Israel to resume roadmap plan
    • 26 Aug 2005: Sharon faces the battle of his political life against Netanyahu
    • 26 Aug 2005: Oil hits a record high at $68/barrel
    • 29 Aug 2005: Katrina hits New Orleans - 28 levees fail (over 50 in the ensuing days)
    • 4 Jan 2006: Ariel Sharon has massive stroke leaving him in a permanent vegetative state
    The area devastated by hurricane Katrina totals 90,000 square miles encompassing parts of three states (164 square miles for every square mile of Gaza). By contrast, the whole of the British Island, comprising England, Wales and Scotland, is only 84,400 square miles. 1836 people die because of Katrina.

Here's another example:

• 30 Mar 2010: Netanyahu snubbed at the White House while Obama goes to dinner
    • 10 Apr 2010: Israel will not attend the Obama Nuclear Arms Summit in fears the US will force Israel
    • 19 Apr 2010: Obama and Israel: Showdown at the UN (U.S. will not rubber-stamp a veto on non-Israeli friendly votes)
    • 20 Apr 2010: Israel warns of a nuclear race in the Middle East is Iran is allowed to have the bomb
    • 21 Apr 2010: US will not attack Iran on nuclear issue, leaves Israel to make a unilateral decision, which without US support will fail
    • 21 Apr 2010: US to allow a nuclear Iran
    • 21 Apr 2010: Oil Rig explodes off coast of Louisiana, 11 killed
    • 29 Apr 2010: Obama warns Israel and PA to do nothing to stop peace process
    • 29 Apr 2010: Gulf Oil slick: Businesses Brace for the worse
    • 29 Apr 2010: Oil Slick makes landfall
    Here is yet another example:

• 21 Jun 2010: US angry with the continued building in East Jerusalem
    • 22 Jun 2010: Israel's feeling of isolation is becoming more pronounced
    • 24 Jun 2010: Obama calls Gaza situation 'unsustainable'
    • 24 Jun 2010: A 100-yard-wide tornado with winds of at least 100 mph rips through Bridgeport causing massive damage
    There are so many examples of this, a complete book could be written on this cause-and-effect phenomena alone. This isn't restricted to the U.S. Look up the flooding and fires in Australia after their prime minister slammed Israel. The earthquake in southern Spain with the royal family also slammed Israel for the settlements. Then there's the flooding of the U.N., by hurricane Sandy, after the U.N. declared a desire for everyone to boycott Israel over the settlements. New York and New Jersey suffered greatly for being in proximity to the point the Jersey shore was decimated. new ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Hurricane_Sandy_in_New_Jersey

8. Hello Abdicate,

Interesting facts, I have printed them off to look at off-line.
    I will also look at the link you have posted.

Thank you for taking the time to put this together and enter it for our consideration.

In Christ Jesus
    Chris

9. It's pretty dated... I wrote the book 7 years ago. I didn't get any real readers so I'm not sure if I'll update it. Thanks for the kind words. Next time an event occurs, try to find news about those involved and Israel. I think the thing that amazed me was when Australia was hit by the biggest hurricane on record. Then I read it hit directly on the prime minister's home town. Then I found how he chastized Israel for "occupying the land". After a while, you have to ask the skeptics, at what point does coincidence become real...

Genesis 12:3
    "And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."