1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic Communion sin?

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by Robertwarhero1, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Iam a Christian and I have part taken in Catholic Commuinon,which i might think is an sin.However Commuinon for me have an much deeper meaning to myself and I part take of Commuinon in the memory of christ,but what i want to know is it an sin to part take of Commuinon in an Catholic church when your not apart of it?
  2. As i am sure one of the wonderful catholic brothers will correct me if i am wrong....if you are not catholic you are not allowed to partake. However if you do i do not believe it is a sin. Comunion is an private matter between the individual and God and is the for the sole purpose of remembrance. So as your heart and mind are concentrating on God...then all is well. God knows you heart and He does not discriminate between catholic and protestant.

adonaicole and Abdicate say Amen and like this.
  3. No it's not a sin commuinon is the same it represents the last supper and what yashua had to go through 4 days his body was dead ie his heart exploded from the sins of the world. Yashua is the emperor of the universe not just king of kings or lord of Lord's
    He greater then that
  4. 1 Corinthians 11:

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
  5. #5 calvin, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Interesting that this verse should be tabled. (no pun intended)
    Can you think of the one man in all history to whom this applied?
    Or can it be equally applied to many.....for example?
  6. Yet another question........
    What would qualify a man to be unworthy of partaking of communion?
    And would such a one even want to? (apart from that one already named)
  7. It must be coming to something when I quote myself :(:(
    Not considering oneself as being crucified with Christ might be a good place to start the search?.................or not?
    Rom 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
    Rom 6:6. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.
    Rom 6:7. For one who has died has been set free from sin.
    Rom 6:8. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
  8. #8 CCW95A, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    1Co 11:29.. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
    1Co 11:30.. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Eating and drinking unworthily is done by NOT discerning the Lord's body, which is why many are weak, sickly, and many are sleep (died).
    It would be useless to participate in the Lord table if one did not discern (understand) that Jesus bore our sickness, and carried our diseases in his body on the cross, by whose stripes we are healed.
    calvin likes this.
  9. Thank you for including verse 30.
    It is an important part of the whole.(y)(y)
  10. I think this scripture trips up many believers, and it is easy to see once we take it in context, and once we see what the unworthy is. I can not believe how easy the Word of God is once we see it. It is almost like we are blinded to what is right in front of our eyes. Now trying to get others to see it is like trying to pull teeth which I really hate. :(
  11. Anything institutional is sinful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. This is a case of where we need to clear the air of man-made doctrine and seek what the intent is from the LORD like we should do when we discern all scripture:

The intent (*in my opinion*) is that communion with the LORD should not become a ritualistic thing; nor should an individual partake in communion with the LORD (as far as the communion 'process' if you will) unless they have prepared themselves beforehand.

So I will break it down like this: walking into a 'church' that regularly has a scheduled communion tends to cheapen the process. I am not saying that it is wrong because it is really up to the individual to prepare themselves for communion with the LORD. Christ does not want us to be "religious" in man's eyes; but He does want us to be Holy. Thus, we need to prepare ourselves properly before communion: read the Word on the subject, seek counsel on the appropriateness, confess to the LORD (not man) of our sins, repent, pray, seek His face.

My experience is that when you have a 'scheduled communion' is that it becomes trite; it becomes much like a false band-aid fix where people walk in and puff themselves up thinking they have done some 'good deed' rather than actually communed with the LORD.

In my opinion: there should be much prayer and fasting before communion is observed; getting our heart's right with God. It shouldn't be something you walk into church to check off of your checklist of "good deeds" for the week....

Yes it is symbolic; but it is also a sanctified act literally started by and performed by the LORD Jesus Christ while He was here the first time. We should be sober minded about it....

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
  13. well communion for me is an much deeper intimate part even more so on easter service,simply because of these verses that go through my head.
    mathew 26

26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”

27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Isaiah 53:5 NKJ
    But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

I am no righteous man and iam not the best of my father's servants heck i tend to mess up from time to time as well as sin,however knowing this I pray for forgiveness but sometimes all my body can do is rejoice knowing that my savoir is ruling on high and I do tend to cry but not out of sadness but just by thinking and longing for the day when i see my lord and master face to face. This is why communion is very special to me and always will be regardless which church that God happens to plant me in for a time.
  14. I think it is not allowed by Catholic church if you are not Catholic and gone through some process. Is it a sin in God's eye? I don't think so
  15. Did Jesus say..[do this in remembrance of me....if you're a catholic"]? I don't think so, that would be adding to God's word and bearing false witness against Jesus.
  16. I believe I was in essence saying the same thing? Are you confirming my post or raising a question?
  17. Confirming your post and posing a rhetorical question in support. Sorry if this was not clear.
    Ravindran likes this.
  18. ahhh! Glad we are on same page!! (y)