1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

cast fears to the Lord, is it really that simple?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by 福井舞, Jun 29, 2016.

1. I recently heard this message, basically the speaker said the way to face fear, any fear, is not to conquer it ourselves, pretend we are not afraid, or simply try to push it through

we need to cast our fears to the Lord, because of God's perfect love for us, we know He will help us every time?

Lisa444 likes this.
  2. Yes my friend it really can be that easy. The difficult part is to convince the mind to let it go (to stop thinking about it). One has to make up our minds to refuse to fear. The Bible says if we resist the devil he has to flee. And fear is the devil harassing you.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

JohnK, 福井舞, Case and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  3. Yes, it is that 'easy'...

But the thing is, do we truly trust that the Lord will make the choices that please _us_?

As a father, I can tell you that many times I had better knowledge of what was in one or the other of my son's best interest than the son himself. Sometimes I had to insist that he do something that he did not accept as best. When I stood firm in requiring something my beloved son did not want, or required that he do something he feared, he matured a little. Some things he later learned why I choose what I did. Other times he probably never knew, but he learned that I love him and only wanted what was best for him.

Casting our fears to the Lord means accepting HIS judgement concerning what is best, both for His kingdom, and for us individually. _WE_ want to determine/define what is in our best interest. We usually define our best interest in the immediate, or at least quickly realizable, where the Lord will be looking at our spiritual development from now throughout our lives, and eternity.

He loves us and is not willing to let us suffer in misery needlessly, but neither is he willing to give temporal relief at the expense of eternity.

So yes, we need to face our fear by acknowledging our inability to truly control outcomes, and let the Lord work His will in His way in His time. Often, His will may mean doing something we fear or dislike. We grow spiritually every time we trust in Him this way.

If we do truly trust in the Lord, even when we do not see nor understand why we have trouble, then the choices that the Lord makes will truly please us since our delight is in the Lord, and in His kingdom. When we are looking to His kingdom, our troubles seem unimportant.

But, this is a truly difficult thing that remains a struggle for maturity until we are raised incorruptible.

福井舞 likes this.
  4. Pretend we are not afraid / try push through / convince the mind to let it go. I disagree with all these statements.

Some fear is good for us. Fear of the devil, enemies and what not else that cripples us is bypassed by us knowing the truth. We either know it or we don't.

I don't believe He will help us every time. As a Christian you are already helped and protected. Which means if you are being shipwrecked, going hungry, being imprisoned, beaten and what not else, it is God's will 1 Cor 11:23-27. I guess trying to push through applies here.

If anyone should fear / be concerned it is God. We know He has died for us. What does He know?? We complain, lose faith and fail hard with any trial that hurts our flesh a little too much.

5. Paul seems to speak of the spirit of fear that we all have from tine to time in Romans 7:13-23. In this portion of Scripture he speaks as a born again believer exalting the law of God and how it is good; and as a man of God how he should be able to do it, yet he finds that as a man he had a desire to do the law, but instead found that he did that which he would not do. In this passage Paul cries what all believers of Christ have felt over and over because of our own weakness of flesh. If we stop with verse 23, it leaves all Christian believers with no hope. But what does Paul say in the last 2 verses of Romans 7:
    24) O wretched man that i am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then that with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
    Romans 7:24-25

This is God perfect and unconditional love, that He sent His Only Begotten Son so we who are unrighteous might partake of Christ righteousness; II Corinthians 5:21. And because we have accepted this love of God, Paul states the following: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love, and of a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15 Abba, was a title during Jesus earthly ministry that only a true child could call the master of the household, many have said it is like calling the Heavenly Father, Daddy, So that as a man or woman accept Christ Jesus as Savior, we are adopted into the family of God; Romans 8:14-17; Galatians 4:4-7.

When we have such a God who allows us to call Him by the dearest term of endearment, and who gave His Only Begotten Son for us; we truly understand Paul's statement:
    31) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    32) He that spared not His Own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also give us all things.
    Romans 8:31-32

But one needs to remember that we are to humble ourselves to one another and especially to God, and be willing to wait upon God while we cast our cares upon Him, for we all have our own timetable but perhaps more often than most of us would wish God has His Own perfect time table.
    5) Likewise ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
    6) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time.
    7) Casting all your cares upon Him; for He careth for you.
    I Peter 5:5-7

IMO the hardest part of this is God's due time; I think most believers will agree that waiting on God to take care of a need can be the most trying of times. Perhaps these are the times we need to remember we are part of God's Household; Ephesians 2:19; Galatians 6:10.

福井舞 likes this.