1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

carefull what u pray for

Discussion in 'Family and Parenting' started by THALLON, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Once upon a time,
    there was a divorced woman,
    and I felt very sorry for her because she was getting on in years about 30 to 40
    and had no husband or kids,
    so I prayed for her, not up close but in my own prayers,
    anyway within that year or the following, I don't know, maybe it was a prophetic prayer,
    she had a one night stand and became pregnant, or maybe it was multinight stand I don't know,
    but she didn't know she became pregnant
    till one day she was having lunch in her car and out it came, the baby, it happens,
    she had to use a scissors from the glove box to cut the cord and then get help,
    she spent a couple of days in hospital, or so I heard.
    She loves that little boy like gold, I think he is the centre of her universe.
    but I sure won't pray that prayer again, let them pray themselves.
  2. I am not a fan of this way of thinking, blaming yourself for some troubles just because you prayed.
    If I would start to think this way, I would have to almost stop praying. If I want to change something by a prayer, there is always some “danger” that things will happen differently than I suppose (but they will happen differently even without praying). I trust in God and His love.
    Lifeasweknowit, JG27_chili and FaithfulMom says Amen and like this.
  3. Your prayer had nothing to do with it. She had sex without being married, this isn't of God therefore prayer not answered.
    autumn oddity likes this.
  4. This reminds me of those genie stories where everything the person asks the genie for, it ends up bad.

My question would be, so after you prayed, you believe it was God's will for this woman to have a one night stand?
    Lifeasweknowit and autumn oddity say Amen and like this.
  5. Romans 8:26-27New King James Version (NKJV)
    26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[a] with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.