Canterbury Cathedral photography

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Via dolarossa, Jun 13, 2017.

1. IMG_0439.JPG here in the uk we have fabulous gothic churches and I snapped up the chance to visit last week. I'm enamoured of rich history and I can't walk past a church without going in. Beautiful architecture for sure. And great place to upload them( if mods allow? Erm mods is it ok? Not taking up too much space am I? ) anyhow, I hope you them as I jolly well did.

Abdicate, Annie, Melizza and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  2. Upload what you can. That's what the gallery is for :)

You have our blessings

They certainly are beautiful... And we appreciate your sharing them :)

Annie, Melizza, Via dolarossa and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  3. IMG_0428.JPG

Fish Catcher Jim, Annie and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  4. Hey Via, I can't believe you posted these pics. Canterbury Cathedral is one of my favourite places ever. I only live 20 minutes away and it's a place I visit regularly. Small world:)

Fish Catcher Jim, Via dolarossa and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  5. Canterbury is a great place too, your Blessed. But I couldn't find bagpusses place:notworthy: oh well maybe next time

Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  6. Ever dream of building a house like this?
    I have!!
    Talk about a study or gathering room.
    Blessings
    FCJ

Annie, Via dolarossa and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  7. IMG_0449.JPG

Annie, Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim says Amen and like this.
  8. The bagpuss guy (Oliver Postgate) used to live around the corner from me, there's a blue plaque on the building. I loved bagpuss:love:

Via dolarossa, Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  9. Seriously, I give students tours around this building. There has been a Cathedral here since the year 597. The history behind this place is extraordinary. I feel privileged to be able to sit and pray here (even if I do have to go down to the crypt to avoid all the tourists LOL).

It truly is a very Holy Place. To simply sit, and feel, all those people that have been here before me is totally amazing. To think that someone was praying to The Lord, in the same space that I'm inhabiting now, all those years ago, blows my tiny mind!!!

Hundreds of years of worship.

Amen x

I

Cturtle, Fish Catcher Jim and Via dolarossa says Amen and like this.
  10. #10 Via dolarossa, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    IMG_0434.JPG The confession chamber. ( of King Edward)

Cturtle, Annie and Fish Catcher Jim says Amen and like this.
  11. immense beauty and delicate architectural detail. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Via dolarossa and Cturtle say Amen and like this.